Status: Done!

I Will Always Be Here for You

9. A Not So Warm Welcome

The fellowship continued the trip into Lorien the next day. You and Legolas kept smirking at eachother, thinking of the passionate kiss you'd shared last night. You reached Lorien, walking through many great, tall trees, with lights coming from somewhere unseen. Stairs twirled all the way around the trees, leading to different rooms. You reached a small dais and stood infront of a set of stairs. 2 figures descended in front of you. It was Galadriel and Celeborn, your grandparents.
“Eight there are here from the fellowship, yet 9 there were set out from Rivendell, plus one. We will deal with you later Herenya. Where is Gandalf for I much desire to speak with him. I can no longer see him from afar.” Celeborn scorned you.
“He has fallen into shadow.” Galadriel whispered.
“He was taken by both shadow and flame. A balrog of Morgoth. For we went needlessly into the net of Moria.” Legolas sorrowfully spoke.
“Needless were none of the deeds of Gandalf. We do not yet know his full purpose. Go now and rest for you are weary with sorrow and much toil.”
*“Herenya, come with me.”* Galadriel said in your head.
*“Yes.”* You obeyed.
“Legolas, go with the rest of the fellowship. I shall catch up in a bit.” You assured him.
“Are you sure?” he asked.
You gave him a nod and he walked away with Aragorn, you walked away with Galadriel.
“We have received a messenger from your father the other day.” She told you.
“Oh, what about?”
You were sure Galadriel could sense your tension.
“It seems a certain daughter of his disappeared the day the fellowship left.”
“Oh really? I wonder why Arwen would do such a thing.” You smirked.
Celeborn and Haldir were also there. Galadriel smirked back but Celeborn and Haldir did not look happy.
“That was a very irresponsible thing to do Herenya. You scared your father half to death.” Celeborn scorned.
“Only half?” you scoffed.
Haldir glared at you. You knew he always had a secret crush on you. But he never acted upon it.
“Why would ada care anyway? He has not asked what I want. He does not care if I fall in love. No, he only cares for his precious Arwen and all because I look and remind him of mother more and more everyday!” you yelled.
“Herenya! It would be best to send you back.” Celeborn said calmly.
“I shall kill myself if you do!” you yelled.
“No you will not, and you will go back!”
“You ca not tell me what to do!”
“Oh yes I can!”
“Calm down Celeborn! What has come over you? Now, Herenya has every right to be able to do what she wants and to choose her own path.” Galadriel spoke softly.
It didn't matter what Galadriel said, you were gone by the time she was done. You ran, tears streaming down your face like a waterfall. And you were so engulfed in running away that you didn't notice you ran through the fellowship's camp.