I Could Get Used To This

04

It was now 8:41PM exactly, well by my cell phone it was. I continued to pace slowly and aimlessly just outside of the club that I arranged to meet Audrey outside of. People were already starting to go in the club and it was by now dark.

Adjusting the cuff on my dark shirt, I couldn't shake the thought that Audrey might have forgotten about our plans or worse yet...stood me up. I heaved a sigh and shoved my hands into my dress pants. I tried to make an effort with what I decided to wear tonight, hence the dark long sleeved shirt and the dress pants. To be honest it was all I ever wear out, which isn't that often.

I checked my cell again and the time was 8:43PM and I was now debating whether to just leave and spend the night at my apartment again. The sound of heels quickly hitting the concrete sidewalk broke my trail of thought, causing me to look up.

A few feet away I could see Audrey quickly coming towards me, looking a bit flustered. When she saw that I was looking at her a shy smile crept onto her lips and she slowed her pace until she was standing just in front of me.

"I'm sorry I'm late, didn't leave the office until 7." Audrey stated breathlessly "Hence the state I'm in." She signaled to her appearance and I couldn't help but shake my head in disbelief.

"You look really nice." It was true. She looked very feminine in her outfit. The look really suited her.

"Thanks." She mumbled shyly, tucking a stray hair behind her ear.

"So..." I trailed off "wanna grab something to eat and then some drinks or something?"

"Yeah sure." Audrey replied, hitching the strap of her purse further up her shoulder. We both fell into step and general conversation

"Seriously? Wow that sounds so nice. Living right on the beach front." Audrey smiled. We had eaten dinner at some restaurant, Audrey tried to pay but I made sure to give my credit card before she could. We were now sat in a rather 'sleek' bar. Wouldn't be my usual scene but it was quiet, so me and Audrey could get to know each other.

"Yeah. Huntington was the best. I miss that place, I really do." I sighed twirling my beer bottle in my hands. "But there are bad memories there and cause of those I don't go home much."

"Well, it sounds like a really nice place." Audrey smiled lightly, a glass of red wine in front of her. "Even if I don't know where the hell it is!"

We both fell into a fit of laugher, causing us to gain a few stares. "You bloody Brits." I chuckled before taking a swig out of my beer bottle.

Audrey shook her head, calming down from the laugher. "I'm getting the next round of drinks." She got to her feet and picked up her empty wine glass before making her way up to the relatively quiet bar. My gaze was fixated on her as she walked away. It was clear that she was a typical girl from the way she acted and dressed, but her personality had so much depth. More than I ever thought from first impressions.

One thing that was clear was that we both shared the same sense of humor. We talked about out pasts and how we ended up in New York, what we left behind and who we left behind. I brought up Zacky, Jimmy and Johnny briefly and some of the antics we got up to as kids. God I missed those guys.

I was snapped out of my gaze as Audrey approached the table with a bottle of Bud in one hand and a glass of red wine in the other. She placed them on the table and slid back into her seat, adjusting her skirt. Audrey cast me a strange look when she caught me looking at her feet.

"What she questioned?" An amused tone in her voice.

I was slightly taken back that I hadn't noticed before. "Your shoes." I chuckled. "Never seen shoes like those before." It was true they were black and had several buckles on them.

Audrey looked down at them and then back to me. "Shoes are my guilty pleasure. I just love finding excuses to buy unusual shoes. I have over 50 pairs. And yet they still don't make me taller!" She laughed.

I joined in with her laughter. "A girl and shoes, never thought of it."

Again we both fell into a comfortable conversation and soon our evening was beginning to draw to an end, just like our drinks.

As it was wasn't too cold outside, I decided to walk Audrey home, much to her objection.

"So this is me." Audrey stated, stopping at the top of the stairs at the entrance to an apartment building, it look nice for a New York apartment block. "I had fun tonight."

"Yeah me too. Can't wait until next time." I smiled, leaning against the wall.

"Next time?" Audrey asked shyly, again tucking hair behind her ear, I'm beginning to think its a nervous habit of hers.

"Uh y-yeah." I stuttered, pushing myself off the wall and rubbing the back of my neck nervously. "If you want there to be. I mean if you don't you don't have to but if you do that'd be great." I rambled off.

Audrey's soft laugh interrupted my rambling. "Of course I want there to be a next time silly."

I let out a sigh of relief. "That's good. That's good."

We remained silent for a few moments before Audrey spoke again. "Well, I better head in before the neighbors think I'm trying to break in."

"Alright, so I'll call you tomorrow or something." I put my hands in my pockets and smiled.

Audrey nodded "Goodnight Matt" she spoke.

"G'night." We both remained in place for a few moments looking at each other. I bit the inside of my cheek and leaned in towards Audrey and place my hand gently on her hip as I softly place a quick kiss on her slightly blushing cheeks. I quickly pulled away and looked down at her. "Good night." I repeated.

Audrey smiled back at me, before opening the door to the building and stepping through it. Before she disappeared down a hallway I couldn't see, she sent me a soft smile and a wave. Then she was gone from view.

With a smile tugging at the corner of my lips, I descended down the steps before me. Once on the sidewalk, I cast one last glance up at the spot we were just standing, allowing the smile to take over my face.

Wow was all I could think.
♠ ♠ ♠
Say about 5/6 comments for an update?
More would be better :D