Let Your Imagination Run Wild

Together Forever.

“I need to show you something” I muttered to Violet, lacing our hands together and dragging her off into the direction of the Brook. The sun was shining by now, maybe it had something to do with Gee, maybe he was finally happy. As we walked past some fast food place, memories came flooding back to me, how the three of us would go there and eat of a morning. Gerard, picking at his pancakes and throwing them at me.

“Vi, remember when we used to go there with Gerard and eat?” I asked, smiling. Somehow, I knew everything was going to be okay. Even though I didn’t have my big brother, I had Violet. She smiled back at me, obviously remembering about the pancakes too.

“Yeah, we should go eat in there soon, in a few days maybe? We should have pancake fights, Gee would be proud.” I frowned. That was the one thing that I really wanted now, I wanted to make my brother proud of me. Somehow.

“Vi, I want to make Gerard proud of me.” She stood closer to me and put her arm around my waist.

“He was always proud of you Mikes. Always. He may not have shown it, but I was the one that saw that little glint in his eye every time you won on a video game, or passed a real hard exam. He always admired you, just like you did to him.” I smiled again, letting a stray tear slip.

“Thanks Vi, I have no idea what I would do without you. Honestly.” And I meant every word.

“Same kiddo, same.” She muttered, placing a small kiss on my cheek. My tummy fluttered and my heart swelled. I needed to tell her.

“Vi, come on I have something to show you.” I said, nervously. Once again I tugged on her hand, leading the way.

We walked for a while, past the mall, over the bridge, across the river, through the shrubs and over to the brook. All the way there, Violet kept asking what we were doing, where we were going and why, but I didn’t tell her. I was nervous, so nervous I felt sick. I didn’t know if that was because id just buried my brother, pure nerves of both. I knew I had to do this though, I knew that me and Vi could be so happy together, and I was the one that could let that happen.

Gerard had said to me once, he knew that I loved her for such a long time, and he also added that it was obvious that she liked me back. He said that she admired me, followed my every footstep and basically smiled at anything I had to say. He said that she was too timid and shy to make a move, and that I had to be the man and do that for her. That, I was going to do.

We finally arrived at the brook, Violets face was a mixture of confusion and joy. I knew she loved this place, just as much as Gerard did. Its almost fairy like, something out of that movie a fairy tale. The stream was flowing freely, trickling down onto the greyish green rock. Tiny flowers were scattered around, trees dancing in the light breeze. Perfect.

I pulled her over to a little spot near the stream, where Gerard used to paint a lot while we used to sit and talk. I gently pushed her shoulders down so that we lowered onto the grass, sitting together crossed legged. She looked very confused. Just as she was about to say something, I pushed my legs up and sat on my shins, so I was sitting a little taller then her. I placed my finger on her lips, silencing her, as I began my speech.

“Listen Violet, there‘s something I need to tell you. I know you may freak out, and maybe never want to talk to me again, but its something I have to do. The night Gerard died, I was meant to tell you, that’s why he went out, to leave us alone.” Her face was a mixture of confusion and sadness. I had to carry on, there was no going back. “I need to make Gerard proud by doing this, but most of all, I need you.” I lent in and kissed her cheek, before settling down, clearing my throat and starting to sing.



When I see your smile
Tears run down my face I can't replace
And now that I'm strong I have figured out
How this world turns cold and it breaks through my soul
And I know I'll find deep inside me I can be the one
I breathed in deeply, shaking hands and quivering voice. Violet looked stunned. Before she could say anything, I carried on pouring my heart out.

I will never let you fall
I'll stand up with you forever
I'll be there for you through it all
Even if saving you sends me to heaven

It's okay. It's okay. It's okay.
Seasons are changing
And waves are crashing
And stars are falling all for us
Days grow longer and nights grow shorter
I can show you I'll be the one

I will never let you fall (let you fall)
I'll stand up with you forever
I'll be there for you through it all (through it all)
Even if saving you sends me to heaven

I paused again. I wanted to make sure, she really heard this part.

Cause you're my, you're my, my, my true love, my whole heart
Please don't throw that away

Use me as you will
Pull my strings just for a thrill
And I know I'll be okay
Though my skies are turning grey
This part was true too. My skies were turning grey, as my brother was gone, I knew though, if this all went well, I would be okay, as I would have Violet.


I will never let you fall
I'll stand up with you forever
I'll be there for you through it all
Even if saving you sends me to heaven

I finished singing. Violet, had tears streaming down her face. I took her hands in my own, kissing her knuckles. She sniffled, pulling me close and hugging me tightly. We stayed like this for a long time, holding each other close. I didn’t know what this meant, but I was going to find out.

“Violet, do you hate me?” I asked slowly, not really wanting to hear the reply. He giggled at me, kissed my lips gently and replied.

“I love you Mikey James Way. Forever. I always have, I just never told you. I was scared. Gerard knew though.” I smiled at her, kissing her cheek once again.

“So, does that mean we are together?” I asked hopeful. She grinned from ear to ear, lacing our hands together.

“Yes. Forever.” I felt my heart flutter, I knew I was going to be happy with her. “Oh, and Mikey, Gerard would be so proud of you. Of both of us. Were going to make each other happy.” And the butterflies started again. I was in love.

After cuddling and holding each other for a while at the brook, we made our way back home. We walked, hand in hand, giggling and stealing kisses every so often. It was wonderful, it was something I didn’t think would be possible after loosing Gerard. I knew my Mom and Dad would be happy, they never said anything to us, but I knew that they thought we looked great together. They knew I loved her.

We walked through the front door, where my Mom met us. We were still holding hand, grins plastered from ear to ear. My Mom, knew that had happened, and smiled at us. The first smile in weeks. I hugged my Mom and then made my way up to my room, Violet behind me.

Once we walked into my room, I went to push myself down onto the bed, only something was in my way. It was a painting. On an expensive looking canvas. When I looked closer, it was of myself and Violet. Detail was everything, colours sewn beautifully across our faces. We were sitting on the couch, cuddling up. When I looked at the bottom, that familiar signature came into sigh. G. Way. Violet walked up behind me, hugging my torso from behind. She smiled into my shoulder.

“This was a few weeks back Mikes.” She stated, and I remembered. It was almost as if Gerard knew everything was going to happen. Almost as if he had planned it.

We decided to frame the picture, hanging it above my bed. Whenever Violet came over, we would cuddle under the picture, knowing Gerard was looking over us. Even though he wasn’t with us physically, we knew he would be in our hears forever. Just like myself and Violet, together forever.