Status: Completed. Sequel is up.

Can't Stay Away

Guilt

"Ryan?" my mom said when she saw me enter the house.

"What?" I asked.

"What are you doing home?" she asked.

"Brendon said that I didn't have to stay," I said. My mom sighed.

"Go back over there, Ryan," she said.

"Mom," I said, sounding annoyed. She sighed again.

"Fine, whatever," she said. "Do what you want."

She walked away towards the kitchen and I heard her banging pots and pans around a moment later. I sighed and set my bag down before heading upstairs to my room. When I entered my room, I instantly looked through the window that looking into Brendon's room. He was sitting at his computer, just sitting there, doing nothing.

I felt a pang of guilt as I watched.

"Stupid concious," I grumbled as I left my room. As I picked up my bag and headed to the front door, my mom reappeared.

"Where are you going?" she asked.

"Back to Brendon's," I said.

"Thank you," she said, and I could tell she was smiling.

I walked the short distance to Brendon's house slowly. I didn't really want to go back. I just felt fucking guilty.

Brendon answered the door about a minute after I knocked.

"Ryan!" Brendon said, grinning at me. "What are you doing back?"

"I decided to come back," I said. "To stay the night."

"Really?" Brendon asked and I nodded. "Great. Cause to be honest, I don't like being home alone."

"Yeah," I said.

"So," said Brendon as he shut the front door. "Are you hungry?"

"Yeah," I said. "A little."

"Good," Brendon said. "Cause I was just gonna make myself something to eat."

I followed Brendon into the kitchen and sat down while Brendon opened up a cupboard.

"I'm really glad that you came back," Brendon said as he reached into the cabinet, and pulling out a can of something. "Cause we really are going to have a lot of fun tonight."

"Yeah," I said. But something in his voice was telling me that tonight was going to be more fun for him. I really should have just stayed at home, and not have returned. And I knew that there was no way I could leave now.

Fucking guilt.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, it's short; but at least it's an update :]
Comments?
~Sally