Status: Completed. Sequel is up.

Can't Stay Away

Sleepy

It seemed the nicer I was, the more normal Brendon was. I just couldn't help the ridiculously small nagging voice in the back of my head telling me that there was something about this guy that was definitely weird. But that voice was quickly being forgotten, and I was finding out that Brendon and I actually had a lot in common.

I was surprising myself by having positive thoughts about Brendon. Things like, he's funny. And smart. Cool, in a kind of geeky way. And his smile. His smile just made him a million times more ador--. No. I wasn't having that thought. I shoved it to the back of my mind. There was no way I was going to start thinking things like that about anyone. I didn't want to get attached. If my feelings about Brendon started to change into more good ones, I'd have hopes of a relationship, which I knew would probably lead to a relationship just because I knew Brendon had a thing for me. Why else would he have kissed me after only our second meeting? And the relationship probably wouldn't last, and I'd end up hurting. And we all know how I feel about pain.

I yawned loudly, causing Brendon's attention to be directed away from the movie we were watching and over to me. I saw Brendon glance at the clock.

"It is kind of late," Brendon said. "Are you ready for bed?"

"I'll be ok," I said. "I'm pretty sure I can make it to the end of the movie at least."

Brendon smiled.

"You sure?" Brendon said. "There's probably about an hour left."

"Yeah," I said. "I'll be fine."

That was a lie. I awoke to Brendon poking me. I looked over at him, bleary eyed, to see him smirking at me.

"I thought you said you'd be fine," Brendon said. I looked at the TV, seeing the credits playing.

"I guess I lied," I said, smiling sheepishly. Brendon laughed and stood up.

"Well, let's go to bed then," he said. I stood up and followed Brendon up to his room. "So, my bed is big enough to fit both of us, but if that makes you uncomfortable, I have no problem sleeping on the floor."

I yawned.

"You're not sleeping on the floor," I said. I had changed into my pajamas earlier, so I just crawled into bed, snuggling into Brendon's blankets. Brendon chuckled before shutting his bedroom light off. I felt the bed move as Brendon climbed in beside me. "Good night Brendon."

"Good night, Ryan," Brendon said. I heard him yawn. I laughed a little. "I'm glad you stayed and gave me another chance."

"Me too," I said. And before I knew it, I had fallen asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kinda short, but oh well. :P
Comments??
~Sally