Status: Completed. Sequel is up.

Can't Stay Away

Friend

When I woke up, I didn't move. I was so comfertable. I just layed their, my eyes closed, and enjoying the warmth of Brendon's bed. At first, I didn't even notice the arm wrapped around my waist and the warm breath hitting my ear. But when I did, I freaked out. I pushed Brendon hard as I sat up. Brendon sat up as well, though slowly, while rubbing his eyes.

"What's wrong?" he asked, yawning.

"Your arm was wrapped around me is what's wrong," I said.

"Oh. Sorry," Brendon said, smiling sheepishly. "I forgot to warn you that I tend to cuddle things while I'm sleeping."

"Yeah," I said. "That would have been nice to know beforehand."

"Ah, don't be mad Ry," he said. "I'm really sorry."

I sighed.

"It's ok," I said. Brendon smiled.

"Ok," he said. He got out of bed and stretched. "What now?"

"I was actually thinking of heading back home," I said, also climbing out of bed. I looked at Brendon. "If it's ok with you, of course."

"Yeah, it's fine," Brendon said. "Do you want some breakfast before you leave?"

"Nah," I said. "I'm not hungry."

"Ok," Brendon said. I went over to my bag to get some clothes as Brendon went to his dresser. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Brendon lift his shirt over his head before replacing it with a new one. I changed my shirt as well before pulling on my jeans. I looked over and jumped a little when I saw Brendon watching me. I felt my face flush and I looked away.

"Sorry," Brendon said. I didn't say anything and just shoved my things into my bag. When I finished, I picked up my bag and looked at Brendon who was still watching me.

"I'll see you later?" I asked. Brendon smiled.

"Of course," he said. "You do live right next door."

I chuckled softly.

"Yeah," I said. Brendon walked over me and quickly wrapped his arms around me, hugging me. After a moment, I returned the hug.

"Thanks again for staying," Brendon said.

"It's no problem," I said. "I actually had a lot of fun."

Brendon let go of me and stepped back.

"I'm glad," Brendon said. "We'll have to do this again the next time my parents are gone."

"Yeah," I said, smiling.

"To be honest, I don't like staying home alone," he said. "It really makes you feel lonely."

"Yeah," I said, thinking back to all the times I'd been home alone. I had never felt lonely during those times, but as I thought about it, I realized I had been lonely.

Brendon smiled at me.

"Well," he said. "I'll see you later."

I smiled at him before heading out of his room and towards the stairs. Brendon wasn't following me, so I didn't have to say anything as I walked outside and headed back to my house.

I went straight up to my room when I got home and set my bag on the floor. I looked out of my bedroom window, and saw Brendon in his room looking at me. He smiled when he saw me and waved. I smiled back, returning the wave. It was hard to believe that I had really hated Brendon when I first met him, because right now I was thinking of him as a friend. And that thought made my smile grow.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm on a roll with this story :]
Comments??
~Sally