Status: Completed. Sequel is up.

Can't Stay Away

Pain

We were now just laying in Brendon's bed. I had my head resting on Brendon's chest and he was absentmindedly playing with my hair. It felt amazing.

"Ryan?" Brendon said quietly, breaking the silence.

"Hm?" I said, my eyes closed. I was ready for sleep.

"What made you change your mind?" he asked.

"Mm, I was hurting because of the fact that I couldn't see you," I said. "I decided I'd risk any pain that could come in the future."

"Oh," Brendon said. "I forgot about your fear of pain."

I chuckled softly.

"It's alright," I said. I felt Brendon's hand grip a chunk of my hair.

"I want you to know," Brendon said. "That pain isn't always bad. I can help teach you that."

My eyes snapped open.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

Before I could even react, Brendon was pulling on my hair, pulling my head up. I felt my eyes water from the sudden pain. But my pain was forgotten as Brendon pulled my face to his, covering my lips with his own. I was surprised to find that now the tugging on my hair felt good. As Brendon pulled on my hair harder, a soft moan escaped my lips and Brendon pulled away, letting go of my hair. He was smiling.

"See," Brendon said. "Not so bad."

I smiled back, before resting my head in the crook of Brendon's neck. I wrapped an arm around Brendon's waist and yawned. I took a deep breath, filling my nose with Brendon's scent. He was so warm, comfortable. And he smelled amazing too.

Before I knew it, I had fallen asleep.

------------------------------------------

I was awoken quite suddenly to loud knocks on my bedroom door. I opened my eyes and sat up suddenly. Then I remembered that I was in Brendon's room. Someone was knocking loudly on Brendon's bedroom door.

Brendon was sitting up now too and when I looked at him I was worried. He looked scared.

"Brendon!" It was his father. "Get out of bed."

The door opened and Brendon's father was looking at the two of us. As he looked between Brendon and I, I couldn't help but notice the blood rushing to his face.

"You," he said, anger evident in his voice. He was talking to me, pointing a finger straight at me. "Home. Now."

I looked at Brendon who nodded once, ever so slightly. I got out of Brendon's bed and quickly made my way to his bedroom door, not bothering to climb back out of the window. Brendon's father stepped back as I rushed out. I ran down the stairs and out the front door, rushing back to my own house. As I ran through my own front door, my mom jumped in shock.

"Ryan?" she said. "I thought you were in your room."

I ignored her and rushed upstairs. When I entered my room, I could hear the yelling.

"I'M NOT RAISING A FAG. I'M NOT HAVING THAT IN MY HOUSE."

I looked out my window into Brendon's room. The curtains were there,but they weren't closed completely. I could see most of Brendon's father. His face was red and he looked livid. I couldn't see Brendon.

"I DON'T KNOW WHY THAT ROSS KID WAS HERE, BUT I DON'T WANT HIM OVER HERE ANYMORE. UNDERSTAND?"

I couldn't hear if Brendon answered.

"DO YOU UNDERSTAND?"

Both of our windows were still open, and I could just barely hear a low mumble. I don't think Brendon's father liked his answer though. I flinched as Brendon's father raised a fist, and I looked away as I saw the fist start to move quickly toward where I assumed Brendon was. I flinched each time I heard fist hitting soft flesh. After a moment, I realized I was crying.

Finally the hitting stopped, and I heard Brendon's father speak. Not yelling, but his voice was still loud.

"As long as you live under my roof, you'll do as I say."

I heard heavy footsteps, then Brendon's bedroom door slam. There was a soft knock on my bedroom door and I wiped my eyes quickly as it opened.

"Ryan?" My mom looked at me, a worried expression on her face. "Oh honey, are you ok?"

"I--I'm fine," I lied. She knew I was lying and I looked away from her as her expression became pained.

"I love you Ryan," she said. "And I'm always here if you need someone to talk to."

I nodded my head, feeling numb. After a moment, I heard my door close. I moved closer to my window. I could hear soft sobs coming out of Brendon's window.

"B-Brendon?" I said, my voice shaking. There was no response. I sat on my floor next to my window, listening to Brendon crying as tears of my own slipped down my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really love this story :]
Comments?
~Sally