Status: Completed. Sequel is up.

Can't Stay Away

Learning

I woke up before Brendon did. We were facing each other, and now that it was light out, I could see his face more clearly. He looked so peaceful while he slept. So innocent. But the bruise around his eye...it hurt me to just look at it.

We didn't bother with blankets last nigt. I looked down to see that Brendon's shirt had ridden up a little. I almost broke down when I saw the edge of what I assumed was a large and ugly bruise on Brendon's stomach. I gently lifted his shirt a little, only to find that my assumption was correct. As I let go of his shirt, Brendon stirred, and his eyes fluttered open. He smiled when he saw me. But his smile quickly faded.

"You saw the bruises didn't you?" Brendon asked.

"Yeah," I said quietly. Brendon sat up and crawled over me to get out of bed. I sat up. "Where are you going?"

"I should get back over to my room," he said. "Just in case...you know."

I nodded my head.

"Brendon," I said as he reached my window. "If you can get over here later, feel free to crawl through my window."

Brendon smiled at me before crawling out of my window and through his own. I waved at him before he closed the window and covered it with the curtains. I assumed he did that so that his father didn't notice that my window was right next to his.

During the day, I spent as much time as I could in my room. I know I couldn't see into Brendon's room, but I felt better if I had some idea that Brendon was okay. I'm sure if Brendon's father was angry, I would be able to hear him. His yelling wasn't exactly quiet.

I grew tired at some point and fell asleep on my bed. I was realizing that it was very boring when I didn't have Brendon around.

----------------------------------------------------------

I woke up very suddenly gasping for air, and clutching my stomach which was now aching. I felt like I had just been punched in the stomach. It was dark and I sat up, looking around. I saw a figure and before I could see who it was, their fist had connected with my face. Ok, so I had definately been punched in the stomach.

When I saw the persons fist coming at me again, I was ready this time, and tried to stop it. The person was strong.

My eyes finally adjusted to the dark, and I could now see who my attacker was.

"Brendon?" I said. He was still struggling, trying to wrench his arms out of my hold. "Brendon. Stop."

But he wouldn't stop. I made the mistake of loosening my grip on one of his arms and his hand slapped my face hard.

"Brendon," I said again. I wanted to yell at him, but I didn't want my parents to hear. He swung at my face again, but I ducked and stood up. I was trying to ignore the dominent pain in my head, but it was hard. He punched me in the stomach again, hard, and I doubled over, gasping for breath. I felt arms pushing me backwards and I fell back on my bed. Before I knew what was happening, Brendon was on top of me, kissing me in what could only be described as a violent way. He bit my bottom lip and I tasted blood. I was ready to fight him off, but...all the parts of me that had been screaming in pain, were now screaming in an odd, tingling pleasure. I let out a low moan and bucked my hips towards Brendon's.

I was so confused.

Brendon pulled away and smirked at me.

"See you're learning," Brendon said. "Pain isn't bad."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment?
~Sally