Status: Completed. Sequel is up.

Can't Stay Away

Vegas

One thing I cannot stand is pain. Any form of pain, physical or emotional. It's my biggest phobia. Like the emotional pain I was feeling now as I left my childhood home, forced to move to a new city and leave my best friends behind. Like the physical pain I now felt in my head after hitting my head off of the car as I got into the backseat of my parents car.

If you're wondering, my family (including me unfortunately) had to move because my father was transferred to another branch of the company he worked for. We were currently on our way to Las Vegas, Nevada. Oh joy. Another plus! (Please note the sarcasm.) It's the middle of July, and I'm sure Nevada is freaking hot. No. Correction. It's probably fucking hot in Nevada.

And better yet (Still, note the sarcasm), it's my senior year of high school. So instead of spending my last year of high school with people I know, I get to spend it with a bunch of people I don't know. I'll probably be a loner this year because it's pointless to make new friends at this point.

It'd probably actually be good to not have any friends this year. No emotional attachments. I could focus on school, do really well. Maybe I could get into whatever college I decide I want to attend. But I was really liking the idea of no emotional attachments. I'd do anything to avoid pain. Even be alone.

We passed a sign and I happened to read it. Las Vegas: 500 miles. I groaned silently. Who's idea was it to drive?
♠ ♠ ♠
Decided to update again. Sorry this is so short. And kinda crappy. I'll try and write a longer update soon.
Comments?
~Sally