Status: Completed. Sequel is up.

Can't Stay Away

Take The Fight From The Kid

I was awake before Brendon. I knew because I could still hear his light snores. I rolled onto my back and let out a low groan. My body ached. It was sore. I would complain about the pain, but I was glad to notice that I enjoyed the feeling. It made it much better, remembering last night and how Brendon had caused my body to ache last night.

I rolled on my side to look at Brendon. His mouth was open slightly as he continued to snore softly. I smiled warmly at him. He was so adorable. So peaceful looking. I reached a hand forward to push some of his hair out of his face.

Finally I decided that I should probably get out of bed and wake Brendon up. He should get back to his own room before we get caught. I climbed out of bed, feeling suddenly cold despite the fact that this was Vegas and it was always hot. I shivered and reached down to pick up my discarded boxers and slipped them on. Out of habit, I looked out of my window and into Brendon's room. I regretted that decision and felt all the blood drain from my face.

Staring back at me was Brendon's father, a look of disgust and anger very clearly evident on his face. He turned around, leaving Brendon's room and slamming the door behind him. I'm surprised it didn't break.

And then I started to panic. I turned to my bed and saw Brendon. Brendon sleeping so peacefully not even yet aware that his father knew he was here. I could've cried. I was shaking as I leaned forward and shook Brendon, trying to wake up. He opened his eyes slowly, blinking a few times before looking at me and smiling. But his smile faltered as he took in the panicked expression on my face. He sat up quickly, gripping my arms to steady me.

"What's wrong?" he asked. He shouldn't be asking me what's wrong. He shouldn't be worrying about me.

"I--Y--your father," I choked out. Brendon's eyes widened.

"What happened?" he asked in a whisper and I knew he didn't want to hear what I said next.

"He saw me," I said. "He was in your room. I'm sure he knows you're over here."

Now Brendon was the one looking worried. His face paled and he was shaking looking around nervously. He looked like he was going to be sick and his grip tightened on my arms.

"What should we do?" I asked after a moment. I wished that this was all just a really bad nightmare...but I knew it wasn't. No matter how much I wanted it to be. I had already witnessed Brendon's father taking his anger out on Brendon and I didn't think I could handle it happening again.

I looked at Brendon who was shaking more. I had never seen him so scared before. I had never seen Brendon so...well, not Brendon. It's like the Brendon I knew didn't even exist in this very moment. His eyes met mine and a tear slid out.

"I have to go back over there," he said quietly, looking away from me. I shut my eyes, fighting my own tears. Brendon let go of my arms and I took a few steps back as he got out of the bed. He pulled on his boxer's and I watched him as he found the rest of his close. He saw me eyeing the bruise that I had not given him and he touched it gently.

"You know," he said, looking up at me with watery eyes. "The only time I feel the pain is when he's hitting me. It's not as strong, though, when I think of you."

I felt my eyes watering as well and I stepped towards him wrapping my arms around him tightly, pulling him to me.

"You still shouldn't have to deal with this," I choked out, my voice muffled because my face was pressed against his chest. I felt Brendon's hand on my back, rubbing it gently. I stood back after a minute to let him finish getting dressed.

Fully dressed, he stood by the window he stared at me. He had a large smile on his face, but it didn't reach his eyes.

"Everything will be fine in the end," he said, trying to make me feel better. It didn't work. I watched him climb out of my window and back into his room. He gave me a strained smile as he closed his window along with the curtains. I closed my window as well. I didn't want to hear what was going on in that room, but I knew I would anyways. There was no way to get away from this. It was going to happen, and there was nothing that could be done about it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments??
~Sally