Status: Completed. Sequel is up.

Can't Stay Away

Then He Fell In Love

I didn't stay in Brendon's room for long. I wanted to...but I was worried about when his father would come home, and also, everything seemed awkward now. I had a feeling that Brendon was a bit annoyed with me.

When I was back in my own room, I began to realize just how much I hated that Brendon's window was now boarded up. Especially since I knew he was there. It had been somehow comforting to me to be able to see Brendon when we couldn't be together.

And now, I kept believing more and more that Brendon was mad at me. There was no way for me to know that he wasn't. I couldn't look over into his window and see him smile at me. Or wave at me. Or make some sort of funny face that always managed to make me laugh. I couldn't stand it.

And I was sure, so sure, that Brendon was furious at me. Why had I been so stupid? He probably hates me now. He probably never wants to see me again.

I hadn't realized it before, but I was crying now. I wiped at my face angrily. This is exactly why I didn't want to be with Brendon. More tears streaked my face. I just wanted them to stop; but they wouldn't.

What a great day this has been. Brendon hates me, and now I'm crying.

A few minutes later, I could hear my phone ringing. I moved towards it and looked at the caller I.D. I was still crying and it didn't help that it was Brendon who was calling me. He probably wanted to officially end things. After a moment, I decided to answer the phone.

"Hello," I said, trying to make it less obvious that I was crying.

"God, Ryan," Brendon said. "I can't stand these boards over my window. I hate not being able to see you."

I sniffled. He wasn't mad at me?

"Ryan?" Brendon said, sounding worried. "What's wrong? Are you crying?"

"I-I thought you hated me," I said.

"Why would I hate you?" he asked.

"Because of what I said earlier," I mumbled. I heard Brendon sigh.

"I'll admit that I was annoyed," Brendon said. "But I could never hate you. In all honesty, I love you Ryan. And nothing is going to change that."

My breath caught in my throat.

"Y-You love me?" I asked after a moment.

"Yeah," Brendon said. "I didn't want to say it over the phone...but I don't have much of a choice."

I laughed. My tears forgotten, I couldn't help but grin.

And now, I realized that all of the feelings toward Brendon recently could definitely be described with one word. Sure, we hadn't been together long, but there was just this...connection. I could feel it.

"I love you too, Bren," I said, the phone pressed tightly to my ear. And I knew Brendon was grinning too. I could feel it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments??
~Sally