Status: Completed. Sequel is up.

Can't Stay Away

Hate At First Sight

The car slowed down before coming to a complete stop. As soon as I heard the engine shut off I opened my eyes. My parents were getting out of the car already, chattering happily. I got out after them, seeing that we were in a driveway. Presumably the driveway of my new home. I looked at the house, crammed tightly between two other houses. At least the house was decent looking from the outside. I was hoping it looked decent inside as well. I looked toward the street and saw the moving truck parked next to the curb. My parents were talking to the mover's, probably discussing where things should go.

I shoved my hands in my pockets and leaned against the car, shutting my eyes and missing the air conditioning in the car. It really was hot here, just like I had assumed it would be.

"Ryan?" I heard my mom calling my name. I opened my eyes and looked at her. "Could you help carry stuff inside?"

"Yeah," I said, stepping away from the car, towards the truck. The mover's were unloading boxes and sorting them on the lawn. I looked down at them. "Which one's do you want me to take and where do you want me to take them?"

"Oh shoot," my mom said. "I forgot that you haven't seen the house before. Here."

She picked up a box that had my name written on it.

"Take one of your boxes and I'll show you where your room is," she said. I picked one up and turned to follow my mom into the house. When we were inside I couldn't help but notice that it was unbelievably hot in here. Definitely hotter than outside. I assumed the room we were in now was the living room, seeing as our couch was in here. Our larger furniture had been moved here last week. It was weird at my old home without the usual furniture. I followed my mom to a set of stairs that were to our left. When we got to the top of the stairs she turned right and I followed her to the end of the hallway where she turned to the door on the left. My new room. I entered and scanned it quickly. Not too bad. Two windows. One on the wall across from me, and one on the wall to the right. My bed was set up under the window in front of me. My desk with my computer by the window to the left. My mom set the box she was carrying on the floor. I set mine next to hers.

"So," my mom said. "What do you think?"

"Not bad," I said. She smiled a little.

"Well," she said. "I'm assigning you the task of getting the rest of your stuff up here."

"Okay," I said. I followed her back outside. I slowly started bringing box after box of my stuff up to my room. How much shit did I have?

I smiled when I saw I had only one box left. I picked it up. It was heavier than the others. I sighed as I realized this. I headed for the house. Luckily I managed to trip over another box, sending the box I was carrying out of my hands. It hit the ground as I hit also hit the ground. My hands hit the ground hard as I put them out in front of me to try and stop my fall.

"Fucking bitch!" I yelled, not caring who heard me. I really do hate pain. Then I heard it. Laughter. I looked up, glaring. Someone was laughing at me. My eyes landed on the culprit, standing on the stoop of the house directly to the right of mine. A tall, thin guy who looked to be about my age. I continued to glare at the boy as I stood up. I looked at my jeans seeing that the knees were covered with dirt and grass stains. Great.

"Hey!" the guy next door said as I went to pick up my box. I turned to look at him.

"What?" I asked, already hating this guys guts.

"You just move here?" he asked. I stared at him in disbelief.

"You think?" I asked gesturing towards the boxes. He looked at them before laughing.

"Oh duh," he said. He came down the steps and started towards me. "Sorry. I'm not very observant."

"Obviously," I muttered. When he was close enough, he held out his hand.

"I'm Brendon," he said. I stared at his cheerful expression and then at his hand. After a moment he lowered it. "And you are...?"

"Ryan," I said. I turned around and picked up my box, and headed into my house, leaving Brendon standing in the middle of my front lawn. I already really, really didn't like him.
♠ ♠ ♠
A bit longer for you :]
Comments?
~Sally