Status: Completed. Sequel is up.

Can't Stay Away

Serious

We heard the sirens of the police cars approaching quickly, and when they finally arrived, my mother let out a gasp as she looked through the window.

"What is it, Mom?" I asked as I continued to rub Brendon's back. He was clinging to me, holding onto me tightly as if I would slip away at any moment. "Mom?"

She had brought her hands to cover her mouth, and her eyes were wide. I sighed because I knew she wasn't paying attention to me. My mother started to head for the front door, where there was a knock the moment she reached it. She pulled it open, but I couldn't see who was there. I assumed it was a police officer.

"Hello, Mrs. Ross?" he asked.

"Yes," my mother said, her voice strained.

"You made the call, is that correct?" he asked.

"Yes," my mother replied.

"Well, I'm glad you did," he said. "It looks like things are pretty serious over there."

I felt Brendon shudder.

"I'm Officer Smith, by the way," the police officer said. "Now I understand the Urie's have a son. Is he here?"

"Yes," she said. "He's here."

I heard footsteps and watched as my mom entered the living room with a police officer following behind her. My mother stood by Brendon and I and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"This is my son Ryan," she said. "And this is Brendon."

The police officer nodded and stepped forward.

"Brendon?" he said. Reluctantly, Brendon looked up at the police officer, his eyes bloodshot. "I know what you're going through is tough, but I need to ask that you come down to the station to answer some questions."

I could hear shouting coming from next door. The police officers eyes darted toward the window for a second before returning to Brendon.

"Once things settled down, we'll head downtown," the police officer said. Brendon nodded his head, before burying his face in my shoulder again. Officer Smith looked at my mother. "I think it would be a good idea for me to find a place for Brendon to stay for now other than at his house."

"He can stay here," my mother said quickly. The police officer nodded, and I could feel Brendon's fingers digging into my back.

"You're sure?" the police officer said.

"Yes," my mother said. "Brendon is welcome to stay here for as long as he wants."

A moment later there was a knock on the door. Officer Smith moved towards the door before my mom could. When he opened it, we could hear the low murmur of their voices. A few minutes later, Officer Smith returned with another officer.

"Brendon," Officer Smith said. "We can go to the station now, if that's ok."

Brendon pulled away from me, nodding. I grabbed his hand and gave it a quick squeeze.

"Can Ryan come with me?" Brendon asked, his voice quiet and hoarse.

"I'm sorry," Officer Smith said. "He'll have to stay here."

Brendon nodded and stood up slowly. He looked back at me, and I gave him a smile which I hope was reassuring. He tried to smile back, but it looked more like a grimace. He turned around and followed the two policemen out of my house. I really hoped that Brendon would be ok. I couldn't stand seeing him like this.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think I'm going to do the next chapter in Brendon's point of view. :]
Comments?
~Sally