Status: Completed. Sequel is up.

Can't Stay Away

Questions

Brendon's P.O.V.

I was sitting in a room with a table and chairs in the middle. They had told me to wait here.

I was still crying, but silently now. I was still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that things had gotten this bad.

I jumped when there was a quick knock on the door, and Officer Smith came in.

"How are you feeling Brendon?" he asked as he sat opposite of me. I shrugged my shoulders and looked at my hands. It was true though. I wasn't sure how I felt. "I understand that this is hard for you, but I want to ask you some questions and I need you to answer them as best as you can. Can you do that?"

I nodded my head.

"Do you want to say anything before we start?" he asked. I looked up at him and our eyes met.

"How--How is my mom?" I asked quietly. My throat hurt from yelling earlier...my voice was hoarse. Officer Smith's eyes looked away from mine for only a second before he answered. I noticed his lips tighten into a grim line.

"She's not good," he answered quietly. "We have her in the hospital now, but the doctors don't know if she'll make it. She's in a coma right now."

I looked away quickly, placing my hand over my eyes as felt more tears threatening to spill. I stayed that way for a few minutes. Officer Smiith was silent, and when I was finally able to look up, he started the questions.

"Could you tell me what happened?" Officer Smith asked. "Start from when your dad came home, please."

"Well...," I started. "He came in. I was in my room. I heard the front door slam, so I knew he was angry, so I stayed in my room. I had been talking to Ryan when I heard the front door slam, so I hung up. My father doesn't like Ryan. Anyways, a few minutes later I heard yelling. I was wondering who he was yelling at...so I went to the stairs and--and he was yelling at my mother--"

I stopped for a minute as it all came rushing back to me and I let out a sob. I took a few deep breaths before continuing.

"She was--she was apologizing to him over and over," I said. "But he wouldn't lesson. He kept telling her she was a 'dirty slut.' And then--then he raised his arm and I knew he was going to hurt her. And he did. He was just beating her and she was screaming. And then I realized I was yelling. I was yelling at my father, telling him to stop. I ran downstairs..and I tried to push him away from my mother, but he just shoved me away and continued to hurt her. And that's when I left the house and went over to Ryan's."

I looked at Officer Smith and I could see the sympathetic look in his eyes. I wiped my eyes, but it was no use. I couldn't stop crying.

"Has your father ever hit you?" Officer Smith asked. I looked down.

"Yes," I whispered hesitantly. I somehow felt guilty for saying that. But this was for the best. My father would no longer be in his life.

"Was he the reason for your recent stay in the hospital?" he asked.

"Yes," I said.

"And your arm? He broke it?"

"Yes," I replied.

"Thank you, Brendon," Officer Smith said. I avoided looking at him and just nodded my head. "I'll have an officer you return you to the Ross' home."

"Ok," I said. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Officer Smith stand up. After walking around the table, he stood next to me, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Everything gets worse before it gets better, Brendon," Officer Smith said. "Things will get better now."

Officer Smith left and I was by myself again. I let my tears fall freely now, wondering. Would things be better?
♠ ♠ ♠
I decided to update again. :]
Comments?
~Sally