Status: Completed. Sequel is up.

Can't Stay Away

Hope

Ryan's P.O.V.

I waited for Brendon to come home, impatiently pacing in front of the front door. When I heard a car pull into the driveway, I ran outside and straight to Brendon who was getting out of the police car. I took his hand gently in mine and started to lead him back to my house.

The officer that had brought Brendon back followed us to my house. My mom was waiting for us. I led Brendon upstairs and we went into my room.

"Do you want to lie down?" I asked. I could only imagine that Brendon was very tired.

"Yeah," Brendon said, kicking off his shoes. He laid down in my bed and I laid down next to him. I stared into Brendon's brown eyes that were usually cheerful and bright...but right now they were dull and sad.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked quietly. Brendon's eyes fluttered shut.

"Not right now," he said. "I just want to sleep for a little bit."

I stayed silent. A few minutes later, Brendon was sound asleep, snoring lightly. I closed my eyes and soon drifted off as well.

---------------------------------------------

When I woke up, it was dark. I turned on my side and saw Brendon was awake. He was watching me.

We just stared at each other before Brendon finally spoke.

"He beat up my mom," Brendon said. "I think she was cheating on him. He got angry...and then, he just beat her up."

Brendon's eyes glazed over for a moment before they focused back on mine.

"Will you come with me tomorrow to go see my mother?" Brendon whispered.

"Of course," I said. "Why wouldn't I?"

"I don't know," Brendon said, and a tear fell out of his eye. I wiped it away quickly and leaned forward, pressing my lips to Brendon's forehead.

"Everything will be alright," I said. Brendon's arms snaked around me and he hugged me to him, sobbing into my chest. I stroked his back until he finally calmed down and fell asleep again.

I knew Brendon would be questioning my words. I didn't blame him either because I was questioning what I had said. There was no way to actually know if things would get better. You could only hope. And that's what I was doing. I was hoping. A hope created by the fact that Brendon's father would never get to touch Brendon again. That Brendon would never be abused again. That fact alone was what made things seem that everything could only get better.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kinda short...Oh well.
Comments?
~Sally