Status: Completed. Sequel is up.

Can't Stay Away

Accident

I was on my way to the bathroom when my mom stopped me in the hallway. Brendon was asleep in my room.

"What happened to your face?" she questioned, eyeing the rather large black eye I had. Instinctively I reached up and touched the bruise, enjoying the tingling pain I felt as I pressed my fingers to it.

"Nothing," I said, trying to sound normal. "It was an accident."

"Ryan," my mother said, lowering her voice to a whisper immediately. "Does Brendon hurt you?"

"What?" I asked, slightly shocked. "No, Mom. Of course not."

She looked like she was trying to believe me.

"Ok," she said, sighing. I could tell that she still wasn't sure. But whatever. "You'd let me know if he was hurting you, right?"

"Yeah," I said. "But don't worry about it. Brendon wouldn't harm a fly."

She nodded her head and walked away.

After I went to the bathroom, I returned to my room. Brendon was awake and sitting on the edge of my bed. He looked up at me when I entered and I shut the door behind me.

“What was your mom saying to you when you guys were just talking?” Brendon asked.

“She asked me if you hurt me,” I said, pointing the bruise I was sporting.

“What’d you say?” Brendon asked.

“Well I said no, of course,” I said. “I told her it was an accident.”

“Did she buy it?” he asked.

“Yeah,” I said. I went and sat next to him, sighing as I did so. I groaned as I laid back. Brendon was next to me after a moment. “It sucks that we start school tomorrow. At least it’s senior year.”

“What?” Brendon asked, whipping his head to the side to look at me. “You’re going to be a senior?”

“Yeah,” I said, looking back at Brendon. “Why?”

“Well,” Brendon said. “I’m only a junior.”

“What?” I asked, sitting up. I groaned again. “Well, I guess this means I can’t hope to have any classes with you.”

“We might have lunch together,” Brendon said. “Besides, even if we don’t see each other much during the day, you have to remember that I do live with you.”

“Yeah,” I said.

“Plus, I know one Senior,” Brendon said. “I know I told you I had no friends, but I actually have one kind of friend. We’re not super close, but he’s cool.”

“Yeah?” I asked.

“Yeah,” he said. “I’ll introduce you to him tomorrow.”

“Ok,” I said, hoping that this guy was actually cool. And if he was, I hoped that we had classes together. I laid back next to Brendon, sighing. After several minutes of silence, Brendon spoke again.

“Hey Ryan?” he asked.

“Yeah,” I said.

“Why is your father practically never home?” Brendon asked.

“He works a lot,” I said.

“Obviously,” Brendon said.

“Yeah,” I said. “He’s a bit of a workaholic. His job is his life.”

“Oh,” he said. “Do you have a good relationship with your father?”

I shrugged.

“I don’t know,” Ryan said. “It’s not great. But it’s not bad either. We hardly talk—or spend any time together. It’s kind of like we’re on different planets entirely…but we don’t mind.”

“Oh,” Brendon said. It was quiet once again, and I shut my eyes enjoying the silence. Soon I heard Brendon’s soft snores and found myself being pulled into a comfortable sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the wait. I've been having a little bit of writers block.
Comments?
And I have a few links for you, cause I've written 3 new one-shots:
Stutter Something Profound - Brendon Urie
Choices - Ryan Ross
The Finest Thing - Brendon Urie
And, if you like contests, or want to join one I have created my own contest.
Check any of those out if you want. :cute:
~Sally