Status: Completed. Sequel is up.

Can't Stay Away

Not Interested

I had now unpacked most of my boxes, but there was still a few left to empty. I had gotten to the point where I was tired of unpacking, so I was taking a little 'break'. I was sitting on my bed, reading a book that I had unpacked and realized I hadn't yet read it. I was interrupted by a knock on my closed bedroom door. I lowered my book.

"Come in," I said. My door opened and my mom poked her head in to look at me.

"How's the unpacking coming, Ryan?" she asked.

"Fine," I said. I held up my book. "I'm just taking a break."

My mom nodded.

"Well, your father and I have been talking with the neighbors for a while," she said. "They're really nice."

"That's good," I said, looking back at my book.

"They asked if we wanted to come over for dinner," she said. I didn't say anything, distracted with finding where I had left off in my book. "We're going over in about half an hour."

"Ok," I said. I heard my mom sigh. I looked up at her. "What?"

"Nothing," she said. "Just start getting ready, at least. I want you to look nice."

------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course my parents met his parents. And of course I got to sit next to him, and listen to him talk nonstop; not that I was actually listening to him. I learned quickly that he never shut up. And he apparently couldn't sit still for long either.

"Ryan?" I heard my mom say. I looked at her. "Are you ok? You've been awfully quiet."

"I'm fine," I said. "I'm just tired."

"Ok," my mom said.

I didn't even get to enjoy the minute of silence my mom had created. As soon as my mom said ok, Brendon was talking again. After dinner, coffee was served.

"Want to see my room?" Brendon asked. I looked at him for a minute. Were we fucking 5 year olds now? I looked at my mom. She was giving me a look that said to be nice. I sighed.

"Sure," I said. Brendon grinned and jumped up.

"Follow me," he said. I got up slowly and followed Brendon out to the hallway and up stairs. We turned left down the upstairs hallway until we reached the end of the hallway, entering the door on the right. I looked around. His room was messy. The blankets on his mess was a twisted pile at the end. He had dirty clothes scattered around on the floor. Piles of CD's on his computer desk. I looked out one of the windows and couldn't help but notice that it looked right into one of the windows of my room. I would definitely be investing in some blinds.

"Sorry it's such a mess," he said. "But you might as well get used to it. My room is always a mess."

I nodded disinterestedly. Brendon was standing next to me, just looking at me and smiling. It was nice that he wasn't talking right now, but he was creeping me out. I looked at him.

"Well," I said. "I think I'm going to go back downstairs."

Before I knew what was happening, Brendon had jumped on me sending me crashing to the floor, my head hitting the floor hard. Brendon's lips pressed to mine in I assume was supposed to be a kiss. I pushed him off forcefully and jumped up, rubbing my mouth with the sleeve of my shirt.

"What the fuck?" I said angrily, trying to be somewhat quiet. My head was throbbing. Brendon was sitting on the floor, looking up at me, his head tilted slightly to one side. Brendon smiled sheepishly.

"Sorry," he said. "I couldn't help it. I was pretty sure that you were gay."

I groaned.

"Look," I said. I sighed. "I am gay. I just don't like you; nor do I like being attacked by some guy I just met."

I turned and left the room before he could say any thing. I entered the dining room to thank Brendon's parents for dinner before telling my own parents I was going to go home and go to sleep because I was tired.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments??
~Sally