Status: Completed. Sequel is up.

Can't Stay Away

Next Time

I sat down carefully in a chair across from Brendon at the dining room table to have dinner. I flinched as I finally sat on the chair and smiled at Brendon, who had been watching me. He smirked before winking at me. My mom walked in then, carrying in whatever it was we were having for dinner.

I watched her as she set the food down, trying to see if she was acting any different. Brendon and I had tried to be quiet...but we weren't that successful. My mother looked over at me and smiled. Her eyes then traveled down very slightly and her eyes widened.

"Ryan!" she said. "You're bleeding."

"What?" I said. I touched my hand to my neck for a moment before pulling my hand away. Sure enough, I was bleeding. Only a little bit though. I looked at Brendon, who just smiled sheepishly. My mom looked at him too, and he stopped smiling. She sighed and shook her head.

"Boys," I heard her mutter as she went back into the kitchen.

"Was it really necessary to bite me that hard?" I whispered. Brendon smirked.

"You liked it," he whispered back.

"Well, yeah," I said, blushing slightly. "But you could have told me that I was still bleeding."

"I could have," he said. "But I think the blood makes you look so much hotter."

"Shut up," I said. My mother came back into the room. Brendon winked at me. I just rolled my eyes. My mom sat down and started putting food on her plate.

"Did you two get any homework done?" she asked.

"No," I said. "Not yet."

"No?" she said. "What were you two doing while I was cooking dinner?"

"Nothing," I said. "Just hanging out."

My mother nodded, not wanting to ask any more questions about it. I think she suspected that we were...doing things that she did not want to know about. And she was completely correct. Not that I was going to tell her that anytime soon. After eating in an awkward silence (she definitely heard me and Brendon earlier), I finally spoke.

"Dinner's good, Mom," I said.

"Thank you, Ryan," she said. We finished eating dinner and Brendon and I decided to work on homework. I told Brendon we'd work on it in the living room to spare my mom's imagination. But she kept checking on us and making small talk...which eventually became annoying. So we had no choice to work in my room. I kind of felt bad for probably scarring my mom, as I saw her nervous face peeking at us as we moved upstairs.

But not too bad. Just cause I had enjoyed it immensely. But I'd be more careful next time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that this is a filler. I still don't know how much longer this sequel is going to be, but I decided on the title for the sequel. :]
It's going to be called You're Everything I Need. I can't wait to start writing it...but again, I have to finish this one first.
Comments?
~Sally