Status: Completed. Sequel is up.

Can't Stay Away

Starting Over

"Ryan?"

I turned in my desk chair to see my mom standing in the doorway.

"Yeah?" I said.

"Brendon's here to see you," she said. I sighed, suppressing a groan for her sake.

"Can you tell him I'm not here?" I said. Now it was my mom's turn to sigh.

"I'm not going to do that," she said. "I think I raised you better than that. I'm going to send him up."

"Please Mom," I said. "Don't do this."

"Ryan," my mom said, her voice hard. "You have no reason to be rude to Brendon. You barely know him."

"But Mom--," I started.

"No but's," she said, starting to close my door. "I'm sending him up."

I let out a groan as my bedroom door closed. A moment later, I heard quiet footsteps coming towards my room. I stood up as Brendon knocked twice on the door before opening it. He grinned when he saw me.

"Hey Ryan," Brendon said.

"Hi," I said. Brendon came into my room and closed the door behind him. His eyes moved over the room, taking in everything.

"Nice room," he said. "You sure unpacked quickly."

"I wanted to get it over with," I said. I glanced at a few boxes in the corner. "I still have a few things to unpack though."

I watched Brendon as he walked slowly over to my bedside table. He picked up the book I had placed there, flipping it over to glance at the back before setting it back down.

"So," I said. "What'd you come over for?"

"Well, I think we got off on the wrong foot," Brendon said. "I wanted to start over."

"Start over?" I asked. Brendon came over to me and held out his hand.

"I'm Brendon," he said. I looked at his hand warily, before finally deciding to go along with this.

"Ryan," I said.

"It's nice to meet you Ryan," Brendon said, letting go of my hand.

"Same here," I said.

"I think we're going to be great friends," Brendon said smiling. I looked at him skeptically. "Maybe even more than friends one day."

"I doubt that," I said, smirking. Brendon smirked back.

"You doubt now," Brendon said. "But I tend to usually get my way."

"Ok, then," I said. Brendon started to move towards the door.

"You'll see," Brendon said. He opened my bedroom door. "See you later."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments??
~Sally