Status: Completed. Sequel is up.

Can't Stay Away

Plans

I woke up in the middle of the night yet again. I looked up to see Brendon standing next to my bed.

"Brendon," I groaned. "I thought I told you not to fucking come through my window."

"You did," he said. "But I needed to let you know that I don't appreciate the fact that you treat me like shit."

I sat up, sighing.

"I'm sorry, okay?" I said. Brendon stared down at me. He didn't say anything. "Well?"

Before I could react, Brendon's hand came flying toward my face, slapping me hard. I fell back on my bed, my cheek stinging. I sat back up quickly after a moment.

"What the fuck?" I spat, my eyes watering from the pain.

"Don't let it happen again," Brendon said. He placed his hand gently over my own, which I had placed over my throbbing cheek. I flinched away slightly. "I'll see you later, okay?"

I didn't say anything. I just stared at him.

"Okay?" Brendon said again, his eyes hardening.

"Y-Yes," I said. Brendon's hand left mine.

"Good," he said, smiling. He went towards the window, climbing through to his own room. Before shutting my window, he said quietly (but loud enough for me to hear), "You don't need to keep putting that blanket over your window."

He closed my window, then his. I lay back down, staring at my ceiling, my hand still clutched to the side of my face. What was with him?

---------------------------------------------------------

"Ryan!"

My eyes snapped open. I sat up slowly rubbing my eyes.

"Ryan?" my mom's voice said, outside my bedroom door now. She knocked softly before opening the door. "Brendon's here, honey. He said you two have plans?"

I thought hard about that. What plans? My mom noticed my confusion.

"He said that you're staying the night at his house," my mom said. What? Then I remembered last night. Not something I wanted to repeat. And I'm sure if I denied this plan of his, it could happen again.

"Oh," I said. "Yeah. Sorry. Took me a minute to remember."

My mother smiled.

"Can you tell Brendon I'll be down in a few minutes?" I said. "I have to get dressed and pack a few things."

"Yeah, sure," she said. She closed the door, leaving me alone again. I closed my eyes, and touched my hand to where Brendon had hit me. It wasn't sore, so I supposed he didn't leave a bruise. I got up and got dressed. Then grabbed a bag and put some clothes into it. I couldn't believe I was actually going to go along with this.

I made my way slowly down stairs, finding Brendon standing by the front door. Waiting for me. He grinned when he saw me.

"Hey Ryan," he said. "How'd you sleep last night?"

I just stared at him for a moment before answering him.

"Fine," I said. "And you?"

"Great," he said. "I'm really glad that you agreed to stay at my house tonight. We're going to have a lot of fun."

"Yeah," I said flatly. My mom came out of the kitchen, smiling when she saw us.

"Heading out now?" she asked.

"Yes," I said. She smiled at me giving me a quick hug. I sighed. "I'm only going to be next door, Mom."

"I know," she said. "Can't I hug my son?"

I rolled my eyes.

"Ready Ryan?" Brendon asked.

"Yeah," I said. "I guess."

Brendon opened my front door and stepped outside.

"Be good," my mom said as I followed Brendon. I shut the door and followed Brendon over to his house.

"Oh, and just so you know," Brendon said. "My parents aren't home. They went to go visit my Grandmother and they won't be home until tomorrow night."

Great, I thought. Tonight ought to be so much fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, just so you know, it'll probably be a little over a week before I update, just cause I'm going on my Senior Trip this Tuesday.
So leave some comments :]
~Sally