I Can’t Make It On My Own

Chapter Seven

I stood in front of my mirror checking and re-checking all of the details that I'd gone over and over. I smoothed my hands down the front of my shirt trying to calm my nerves. I'd always had a thing for Ryan but my brother had always been in the way. Although what really scared me was I wasn't sure if Ryan was just getting closer to me because of Brent’s death or because he actually liked me. The doorbell rung and I heard my father answer the door. He'd been so down on himself lately but with my mother drowning herself in red wine who could blame him?

I was still standing in front o my mirror when Ryan cam in my room. "You look great." he said in almost a whisper. "Are you ready?" He asked leaning against the doorframe.

I looked down at my grayed jean skirt and Nickasaur! shirt that Brent had bought me a while back. "Um. Yeah, I guess. Unless I need to be more dressed up or anything." I said crossing my arms in front of me. I didn't like feeling like this around Ryan, he'd never made me nervous till he asked me to do this.

He just kinda laughed at me, "You're perfect now come on before I ruin the surprise." He said with a no so subtle wink. I gave him a funny look wondering just what he had up his sleeve. I slipped on my shoes and grabbed my keys which Ryan proceeded to take out of my hand and shove into his pocket. "You won't be needing those tonight." I raised an eyebrow at him but he offered no further explanation.

I couldn't help but wonder just where we were going as Ryan drove down the familiar streets. I would have made small talk but I knew everything there was to know about him so I settled for flipping thought the radio stations. I couldn't see where we were going since it was pretty dark as, as soon as I gave up on trying to figure this out Ryan stopped the car. He got out and walked around to open my door, "My lady." He said with a fake British accent.

I got out of the car, "Who knew you could be such a gentleman Ry?" I teased. I looked at him and rolled my eyes, he was holding a blindfold in his hands. I let him tie it so I couldn't see, he took my hand and stared walking me towards where ever we were going. "Don't run me into anything." I said carefully feeling the ground in front of me with the two of my chucks. All of the nervousness that I'd been feeling was gone now, I don't know how he did it but Ryan had that effect on me.

We came to a stop and I felt Ryan's hands un tie the blindfold, when I opened my eyes I was surprised to find we were standing in out field. But what shocked me more was the picnic blanket surrounded by tones of little candles, food covering the majority of the blanket. "I thought it was time to give this place a new meaning." Ryan said taking my hand in his, "Come on." He said with an adorable crooked smile.

Okay so I thought I knew everything about my Ryan but turned out there was something I didn't know about him, his amazing cooking skills. He made everything that we ate that night and for once I was glad that he knew that I ate like a pig because if he hadn’t he wouldn't have brought enough food. We were laying down looking up at the stars, I was laying with my head on Ryan's chest. I have to day for a skinny guy he was one of the most comfortable people that I'd ever gotten to lay on like this.

I felt his hands in my hair I looked up at him just as he leaned down to kiss me. He was the one that pulled back this time, "We've talked about everything but what the point of this night is." Ryan whispered. I knew he was right, I was avoiding that conversation.

"What to do you want Ry?" I asked him while trying to focuses’ on anything but him. I wanted him but I didn't want to lose him or hurt him. And I was terrified to take that chance after losing my brother.

"I want you." He said pulling my lips to his again. I Swear that boys kisses were enough to make me melt right then and there. He pulled back again making me want more. "But what do you want?"

I smiled, "I want you." I said kissing him roughly.

Maybe, just maybe this one time, everything would work out.
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENTS?