No Fear

Dreaming

''Why can't you just leave me alone?'' She screamed as they all surrounded her, spitting insults like bullets at her.

They all laughed at her desperate expression. Saphire was back again. Back to the same place she had left behind ages ago. Her old school, with all of it's big kids and bullies that were always after her lunch money or just to watch her cower in a corner while they laughed at her for no particular reason. She wanted to leave, but she couldn't. Something kept her there, rooted to the spot, watching the kids laugh at her. At that moment, she just wanted the floor to just swallow her up so it could be over with.

''Hey, Saphire! Find any feathers lately?'' One of them yelled in her direction.

Saphire groaned. It had been no secret while she'd been at that school that she'd been known to collect black feathers. There was no particular reason for it, it was just something she'd done since she was little. Old habits die hard.

''Maybe she's trying to build wings so she can fly away.'' Another one said.

Saphire could no longer make out any of their faces, they all seemed to just be a huge blur to her. Like a swirling mist from Hell.
She covered her ears as their laughter grew louder and louder until it was almost deafening.

''Leave me alone! I've done nothing wrong!'' She yelled.

Why was she always the main target? Maybe because she was the shy girl of the school that hardly ever spoke a word to anyone, but that wasn't her fault, it's just the way she was.
Surely there must be someone out there who wouldn't pick on her at first sight? Someone cool, someone who liked the same stuff as her, like, music and the same fascination of anything with wings or feathers... There's just gotta be somebody.... After all, anyone, even a bird or something, was better than no one at all, right?
♠ ♠ ♠
*Sigh* Yeah, I know it's not that good, but I might edit it later or something... well, let me know what you think!