No Fear

Fallen Angels and Crows

It was the alarm clock on her bedside table that saved Saphire from her nightmare. Moaning sleepily, she reached out a hand from underneath the bed clothes and felt her way to the beeping clock. Finding it, she hit the ''off'' button on it and the beeping stopped.
Today was the day, she realized as she forced herself out of her cozy bed, the day of the moment of truth. Would what happened in her dream become reality at her first day at her new school? She hoped not, but... What if it did?

''No.'' She told herself on her way downstairs. ''No negative thoughts. You'll be fine.''

She made her way to the dining room where she was greeted by Rain who came bounding over towards her from where she'd been laid by the back door.

''Hey girl'' Saphire said, trying to prevent her dog from knocking her over.

Her parents had bought her Rain for her fifth birthday, so the two of them had basically grown up together. Saphire loved her to bits.
Rain followed her into the dining room, trotting along loyally by her side. Reaching the dining room table, Saphire sat down at it just as her mum came in from the living room.

''Oh, morning, Saphire.'' She said, looking almost surprised to see Saphire up and running without her having to wake her up first.

''Morning mum.'' Saphire said, stroking Rain's head when she came over to sit beside her.

''Oh, The Angels are on if you wanted to-''

''Really?! Thanks, mum.'' Saphire said, leaping up from her seat and dashing into the living room to see.

Rain chased after her, leaving Saphire's mum to stand in the dining room, shaking her head in amazement.
Saphire sat down on the couch next to her dad even though she'd hardly noticed him, Rain leaping up onto the couch beside her. Saphire's eyes lit up as she watched her favorite band rocking out on the T.V to one of her favorite songs, Midnight.

Saphire's dad blinked at her. ''Um, morning, love.''

''Morning.'' Saphire muttered, not looking at him, her eyes fixed on the T.V.

Her dad shook his head, smiling and went back to reading his newspaper.

It wasn't like Saphire was disrespectful or anything, but she was a huge fan of her favorite band, ''The Fallen Angels'', and when they were on, nothing else mattered. They were like Saphire's heroes. Her favorite member was Aero, because he was a bit like her, even though he was a little older. You know, closed up, doesn't talk a lot... but unlike Saphire, he was a guitarist in a extremely big band and no one dared take the mickey out of him.

''Ok, Saphire, go get ready or you'll be late.'' Saphire's mum said, walking in the room when The Angels had finished their song and Saphire was left beaming at the T.V as they ran off the stage.

Saphire's face immediately fell. ''You're kidding.'' She said.

''No, it's almost time to leave. Go and get dressed, quickly.'' Her mum instructed, walking out of the room again.

Saphire groaned as she stared down at her feet. Her dad rubbed her back in comfort.

''Nervous?'' He asked.

Saphire shot him a grateful look. ''You have no idea.'' She said, managing a half grin.

***

''Come on, keep up, will ya!'' Raven called over her shoulder.

''Raven, wait! We shouldn't be this far away from home!'' Lauri called after her.

She'd dragged him out of the house at around five this morning and now the both of them were soaring across the sky, Raven pulling ahead of him at top speed. Lauri was keeping his wing beat as slow as possible on purpose. He knew if anyone found out that they'd ''flown the coop'', they were both as good as dead.

''Chill, will ya?'' Raven said, her powerful brownish red wings beating the air as quick as she could make them. ''No one's gonna know!''

Lauri sighed and sped up a bit to keep up with her. At least the sun had risen now, lighting things up a bit. He followed his little sister across the tree tops of the forest below, hoping and praying that Raven wouldn't crash land into one of the taller trees. The outcome of this couldn't be good. Dad was going to kill him for letting his little sister fly so far without supervision.

''Raven, I really don't think we should-''

''Lare, please, give it a rest, we'll be fine!'' Raven interrupted her brother's warning, letting herself drop until her feet touched the top branches of one of the trees.

She pushed down on it, then bounced back into the air again, flapped her wings a few times and then dropped on top of another tall branch and repeated the process.
Lauri hated it when she did that. What if the branch snapped? Then she'd end up on the ground, god knows how far below... That would suck.
♠ ♠ ♠
...Yeah, it would suck... Anyway, there's chap 2 for ya, hope u like it! ;)