Status: Completed

I Hate the Way You Say My Name, Like It's Something Secret

Chapter 10

Image

Cassidy's POV

I led on the bed in Patrick's spare room, staring up at the ceiling. I had to get out of here. Letting Sky come here was such a mistake. I knew she'd already met her ass hole of a father. I hadn't wanted her to, what if she realized who he was. I shouldn't of let her come here, I had to get her home before she found out or I bumped into him. I didn't want to see him, not now, not ever. I'd gone sixteen years without seeing that pathetic excuse of a man and I wanted to go the rest of my life without ever having to look at his face ever again. I couldn't see my own son because of him. Simply because he wanted a quick fuck with Ashlee fucking Simpson. God, I hated the two of them. I think they were the only two people I would kill if given the chance.

“Mom, I'm home.” Sky called, walking into the bedroom.

“Hey baby, I'm sorry about earlier.” I sighed as she led down next to me.

“It's okay. Look Mom, I want to talk about it, without all the screaming. Please, I don't want to argue with you.” She said seriously. I groaned mentally, knowing what was coming next.

“Sky, sweetie you have to come home. I know you don't want to and I know you like it here..”

“I love it here Mom. Honestly, it's for one Christmas. Please, just trust me. I just want a little bit of independence and space. I'll be back home for New Years. Please let me stay.” She begged. I looked over to her, her big blue eyes sparkling.

“Sky,” Ugh, I couldn't exactly tell her the truth.

She was being so mature about this. Maybe I should just let her stay here. Maybe I should just tell her the truth. I knew she wanted to find her father badly. We never spoke about it though, she understood I didn't want to.

“Mom, please.” She pleaded.

“Okay, fine.” I gave in. I was weak.

“Oh my God, thank you!” She grinned, wrapping her arms around me.

“Just keep out of trouble. I'm leaving in three days. All flights until then have been canceled due to bad weather so you think you can put up with me until then?” She laughed and nodded.

“Why don't you just stay here for Christmas? I don't really like the idea of being away from you at Christmas.”

“Nah, you need your space remember? Besides, you know I like staying at home for Christmas.” She nodded slowly.

“Bye Taylor!” An all too familiar voice called up the stairs.

“Bye Pete!” Sky called back.

Oh my god, he's right downstairs!

“Hey Mom, I saw the photo of you and Pete in your old room at grandma and grandpa's house. You never told me you two were friends.” Sky commented, a smile on her face.

“That was a long long time ago, Sky.” I replied, biting my lip.

I hadn't cleared all of my things out of there yet. It was mostly just stuff to do with Pete. I'd left it all there, just like I'd left the past in the past. Where it should stay.

“I think you two looked cute together, much better than him and Ashlee anyway.”

I winced as the memories came flooding back. Everyone used to say we looked cute together, that we should of got together a lot sooner and that they'd expected it etc. I bet they didn't expect things to end up like this. I know I definitely didn't.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this is short but I wanted to update before I finish off my coursework and go to sleep (:
Comments?
xo