Status: Completed

I Hate the Way You Say My Name, Like It's Something Secret

Chapter 2

Image

“No.”

“But mom..”

“I said no Sky and that's final!” She said stubbornly.

“Ugh, I just want to see Grandma and Grandpa. Why do they always come here? Why can't we go there for once?” I yelled, frustrated.

Uncle Patrick lent against the counter looking awkward. He was probably feeling really uncomfortable right now. I knew he hated me and mom arguing.

“Because.. because I said so Sky, now go and get ready for bed.” She replied angrily. I let out a frustrated scream and ran upstairs to my bedroom, slamming my door as hard as I could.

She was such a bitch at times. Why couldn't she just give me a straight answer instead of 'because I said so' all the time? I hated it, I just wanted to know the truth.

Someone knocked on the door, distracting me from my thoughts.

“Come in if your not my mom.” I called angrily into my pillow. I heard the door open, then close again. The bed sunk to the right of me as whoever it was sat down on it. They rested a hand on the small of my back, rubbing it slightly.

“C'mon Bubbles, you know how she can get sometimes. She just doesn't like Chicago very much and has no intentions of ever going back there.” Travis comforted me. I sat up and wrapped my arms around him, burying my head into his chest.

“I just.. I'm sick of being lied to all the time, T. I want straight answers not lies.” I sobbed. He hugged me tighter, resting his chin on my head. I heard my door open again and Travis looked up.

“Travis can you give us a minute please?” My mom asked softly. Travis nodded and squeezed me before getting up and leaving.

“What do you want?” I growled.

“Don't be like this Sky or I wont let you go.”

“Your not letting me anyway so why should I stop?”

“Because I am letting you, thanks to your uncle Patrick.” My head flicked up, my eyes searching her face for any signs that she was playing a sick joke on me. Nope, no sign. I jumped up and wrapped my arms around her as she hugged me back.

“Just promise you'll ring me on Christmas day, okay?” She asked into my hair. I nodded.

“Hell, I'll ring you everyday. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I love you so much!” I gushed, still hugging her. Someone chuckled from the doorway and I let go of my mom, jumping into my uncles arms.

“You are the best uncle ever!” I squealed in excitement. Him and my mom laughed and I let go of him.

“Your flight is at 1am Sunday morning and you'll stay with Grandma and Grandpa for one night, until I get back from LA, okay? I'll pick you up on Monday and you can come back to mine and see Hayles and Nix.” Uncle Patrick told me. I nodded vigorously, anything to go to Chicago.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short. I know it's pretty boring right now, but it gets better over the next few chapters (:
Please comment
x