Status: Completed

I Hate the Way You Say My Name, Like It's Something Secret

Chapter 23

Image

“C-Cass, what are you doing here?” He mumbled, his voice breaking.

“Uh, we need to talk.” She murmured quietly.

“Bloo, Bronx can you both go upstairs for a sec please guys.” Pete told them.

Bloo nodded, patting my shoulder before going upstairs, Bronx close behind him. Pete got up and walked over to us, standing directly opposite mom in shock.

“Taylor, how come you two are together?” Pete asked uncomfortably, turning to me. He looked so confused.

“My names not Taylor, Dad.” I whispered nervously. His expression was confused for a few moments before his eyes widened in shock again.

“Y-your S-Sky?” His voice came out in a small whisper as he studied my face. I nodded slowly, waiting for some sort of reaction from him.

“Pete, say something.” Mom said softly as he stood in silence, his mouth hanging open slightly. He closed it and shifted his weight to his other leg. I think he's about to faint. All the color had drained from his face.

“I-I, are you serious?” He questioned, rubbing the back of his neck.

“I knew you'd reject me!” I turned around and went to walk out of his front door but he grabbed my wrist.

“Sky, I'm sorry. Holy shit. Wow, I-I just can't believe your here and how much you've grown. You don't know how much I've missed you. I knew I recognized your big blue eyes!” He gushed, tears forming in his eyes.

“I've missed you too, dad.” I whispered, tears cascading down my cheeks.

He pulled me into his arms as I sobbed into his shoulder. I couldn't believe I was actually hugging him. I'd spent all of my life wishing I knew who he was and now I did.

“Um S-Sky, can you go and get Bloo for me please?” He whispered into my ear.

I nodded and let go of him, wiping my eyes and leaving my parents to go and get my twin. I walked upstairs and walked along the corridor until I came Bloo's room. I knocked and waited for an answer from him. He opened the door a few seconds later, fully clothed, and pulled me into a hug when he saw my tear-stained face.

“What's wrong doll?” He asked, letting go of me.

“Y-you need to come downstairs a sec.” I whispered, taking his hand and pulling him down the stairs.

He looked so confused as we stopped in the hall way, hearing shouts coming from the living room. I groaned and opened the door to see mom screaming at dad, tears flowing from her eyes. Even Pete was crying, his eyeliner smudged a little as was mine. They stopped arguing when they realized we were stood in the doorway.

“Uh Bloo, there's something you need to know.” Pete said softly, wiping his eyes.

“What? Dad, why are you crying?” Bloo asked, confused.

“Um, maybe you should sit down.” Pete suggested, looking over to the couch.

“I'm fine standing now can you just tell me?” Bloo said, irritation clear in his voice.

“T-this is your mom, and your twin sister.” Bloo looked at mom, then back at me, confusion written all over his face.

“Y-your my mom? And your my t-twin? I don't have a twin” He stuttered, looking backwards and forwards between us.

“I thought that too.” I whispered, looking up at him.

He looked down at me, he looked so damn confused. Suddenly he turned around and ran. We heard the front door slam and I ran too. I followed him out of the house, trudging through the thick snow. It was freezing but I had to catch up with Bloo. It was at times like this when I was glad Rach had forced me to do track with her. I eventually did catch up to him, grabbing his arm to make him stop. He turned to me with tears in his eyes before pulling me into a tight hug.

“Sorry, I just had to get out of there.” He mumbled into my hair.

“It's okay, I felt the same. It's too.. intense.” He nodded, knowing what I meant.

“So, Cass is my mom? And your my t-twin?” I nodded slowly.

“I know it's dead weird. I didn't even know I had a brother until last night. I found some pictures in my moms old room. Oh by the way, we were pretty cute babies.” I grinned, trying to lighten the mood a little.

“We need to go back there, other wise I think they might kill each other.” He nodded and slipped his hoodie off, wrapping it around my shoulders.

“You look like your about to freeze.” He whispered, shivering.

I slid my arms through the holes and we ran back to the house, both of us shivering. We walked back into the living room where mom and Pete were sat on the couch not talking at all instead of screaming at each other. I guess that was sort of better, in a way. Bloo walked over to mom slowly, before wrapping his arms tightly around her. She smiled as she hugged him back tightly. Even Pete smiled as he patted the space next to him, indicating for me to sit down. I sat down and the dog jumped up onto my lap. I giggled and stroked him as he curled up and licked my hand.

“That's Hemingway by the way, I don't think you've met him before.” Pete smiled softly.

“He's so cute.” I cooed, rubbing his stomach.

“Do you still watch Tom and Jerry?” Pete asked quietly. I turned to him and nodded.

“All the time, why?” I asked, confused.

“You used to watch it with me before you left. The bulldog was your favorite, hence Hemingway being a bulldog. I sort of got him to remember you by.” He smiled.

“The bulldog's called Spike, and he's still my fave.” I grinned.

A smile spread across his face and he hugged me tightly.

“I've really missed you Bubbles.” He whispered into my hair.

“Does anyone still call you that?” He asked, pulling away a little.

“Everyone but mom.” I sighed and he nodded understandingly.

“I've missed you dad, way too much.” I whispered into his shoulder.

His arms tightened around me and we stayed like that for a few minutes before the front door opened and slammed. Heels tapped against the wooden floor and Pete quickly let go of me, a worried look on his face.

“What. The. Fuck?” Ashlee screamed as she stood in the doorway, bags in her hands.

“Uh, Ash baby there's something you need to know. This is Sky, my daughter.” Pete bit his lip as Ashlee glared at me and my mom.

“What the fuck is that whore doing here?” She growled, glaring daggers at mom.

How fucking dare she?

“Whoa. What the fuck? How the hell can you call her a whore, you slag?” I yelled, jumping up and getting in her face.

Lets just say I got protective when it comes to my family. And well, Ashlee already knew how to push my buttons.

“Sky,” Pete hissed from next to me.

“Ew, get out of my face you little bitch.” She stepped backwards a little, making me even angrier.

I clenched my fists and Pete pushed me behind him, probably knowing what I was about to do.

“Don't ever fucking talk to her like that, ever again.” Pete growled to Ashlee.

“Whatever. Just get them out of here, now! Feel free to take the little emo over there with you.” She pointed to my twin brother.

I pushed my dad out of the way and connected my fist with her orange, foundation covered cheek.

“If you ever talk about my mom or my brother like that ever again, I'll break your fake fucking nose.” I hissed as she clutched her cheek in pain.

Growing up with guys who are a lot bigger, stronger and stupider than you, you learn how to defend yourself pretty damn well.

“Sky, c'mon.” Mom grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the door.

“Can I come?” Bloo asked quietly. Mom looked over to Pete who nodded slowly, giving me a weak smile.

Me, mom and Bloo hoped into the car, driving back to uncle Patrick's. My fist throbbed as we pulled up in the driveway. My cell vibrated in my pocket for like the millionth time today. Brendon had been calling and texting non stop since yesterday. I just needed a bit of time to think right now. This time I read the message.

Pete x

That's my girl. x

I laughed to myself and continued to read the other million texts from Brendon. Being the stubborn and head strong bitch that I am, I ignored every single text and walked inside, following mom and Bloo. Brendon had hurt me more than anyone else had about this and I didn't quite feel like forgiving him just yet. I just wasn't ready.
♠ ♠ ♠
SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING!
Feels like forever since I updated. I've just been so busy this weekend. Was out all day Saturday then revising and dealing with some stuff today.
My exams start on Thursday so updates might become a bit irregular, I'll try and keep it like it is with an update a day :L
Thanks for reading.
♥