Status: Completed

I Hate the Way You Say My Name, Like It's Something Secret

Chapter 24

Image

I walked down the stairs after getting Nix bathed and ready for bed in a complete daze. I still couldn't believe last night and today's events, but my bruised, swollen knuckles proved that it had all happened. I walked into the living room where Bloo was shoving his cell back into his pocket, a worried expression on his face.

“C'mon, we have to get to Brendon's.” He gushed, pulling me towards the door.

I slipped on my shoes as quickly as possible and followed him out to uncle 'Trick's car confused as hell. He'd already picked up the keys as I was putting my shoes on.

“Bloo, slow down. What's going on?” I asked, climbing into the passenger seat.

“Er, Dad's beat Brendon up. I don't know why but Ryan just called to tell me. I thought you'd wanna see him seeing as he's your boyfriend and stuff.” He spoke quickly, reversing out of the drive.

I sat, stunned for the whole ride to Brendon's. How could I forget? I'd confessed to my own father about me sleeping with one of his close friends.

We jumped out of the car and practically sprinted to the door.

“Where's Bren?” I asked before Ryan even had the chance to say hi.

“Bedroom.” He replied simply.

I slid past him and opened Brendon's bedroom door to see him lying on his bed motionless.

“Bren..” I whispered, walking over to the side of his bed.

His lip was swollen and bleeding as was the cut on his eyebrow. He also had blood around his nose and purple bruises were starting to form on his face.

“What are you doing here?” He sighed, wincing as he spoke.

“I just heard what my dad done.” I replied, sitting on the edge of his bed.

“I'm so sorry Bear.” I whispered, tears sliding down my cheeks.

“Don't cry, Bubbles.” He soothed as I hugged him, burying my face into the crook of his neck.

“I can't believe he done this to you.” I sobbed.

He rubbed my back, staying silent.

“Sky,” He whispered after a few minutes.

“Yeah?” I replied, sitting up.

“This is really hard for me to say but, we uh.. we can't be together.” He stated simply.

My face fell.

“What? W-why?” I sobbed, the tears starting to fall again.

“A number of reasons. Your parents, the fact that you live in Florida, the age gap..” He trailed off.

“Yeah, and there's a number of reasons we should stay together.” I replied stubbornly.

“Like what?” He sighed, staring up at the ceiling.

Why the hell was he acting like this? Surely he knew the reasons we should stay together.

“We love each other..” I started.

“I-I don't love you.” He sighed, not even looking at me.

Hearing him say those words made me feel like my heart had been ripped out, stabbed, stamped on, played soccer with then handed back to me a broken, pulpy mess.

“Look me in the eye and tell me that you don't love me.” I choked out.

“Why? How is that going to help?” He groaned.

“Just do it, Brendon. If you honestly don't have any feelings for me whatsoever, look me in the eye and tell me that you don't love me.” I whispered.

Please don't do it!

He sat up, his eyes glued to the floor. He stayed like that for a few seconds in silence before his eyes met mine.

Please don't say it. Please don't say it.

“I-I-I don't love you.” He whispered.

I nodded slowly, got up and ran out of his room, bumping straight into Ryan's chest. I couldn't see, tears were currently blurring my vision.

“Whoa, Sky what's wrong?” He asked worriedly, placing both of his hands on my shoulders.

“G-get o-off m-me.” I choked out, pushing past him and running out of the apartment door.

“Bubbles, wait up!” Bloo called, chasing after me.

“J-just drop me off at u-uncle 'Trick's please.” I sobbed uncontrollably.

He nodded and led me back to the car, jumping into the drivers seat.

We pulled up in the driveway and he followed me inside. I ran up to the bedroom, pulling my suitcase out from underneath the bed.

“Sky, what the hells wrong?” Mom asked worriedly, shutting the door behind her.

“I'm going home. Coming here was a mistake. I should of listened to you, I'm sorry.” I sobbed as she knelt down beside me, pulling me into her arms.

“What happened baby?” She asked quietly after letting me calm down.

“You were right, Dad does fuck everything up. Can we just go home?” I asked, wiping the tears from my eyes.

She nodded slowly and started packing up all of our stuff with me.

Brendon's POV

Next day!


“Bren, you want something to eat?” Ryan called, coming in to my bedroom.

“I'm not hungry.” I replied lifelessly.

“You haven't eaten all day. Now get the fuck up and we'll order take out.”

“I don't want to, Ry. She's gone, okay.” I sighed.

“What do you mean she's gone?” He asked, sitting down on the end of my bed.

“She left, back to Florida.”

I'd received a text from her four or five hours ago saying she was leaving, I couldn't stop re-reading the text over and over in my mind.

I'm sorry about my dad, Bear, & I'm sorry for sleeping with you. It was a huge mistake and never should of happened. It doesn't matter now anyway, I'm going back home in a few minutes. When we see each other next I think it's best we don't speak. Sorry again. Er, hope everything goes okay for you and the band. Tell Ry, Jon and Spence I love them. Bubbles xo

“So that's it then? It's just over between you two? What happens when you see her next, which you will?” Ryan questioned, annoyed.

“I. Don't. Know. Can you just drop it, I need some time to think.” I whispered.

He got up in frustration and walked out again. I missed her so badly already. Her smell, her smile, her eyes, her laugh. I just wanted her back in my arms like we were the other night. That was perfect, but nothings ever that simple.

I reached over to my bedside table and opened the second drawer, pulling out Sky's shirt she'd left here the other night. I placed it on my bare chest and looked at it. It was an electric blue Hey Monday t-shirt and it still had her light floral scent lingering in the material. I shut my eyes, taking in the smell and relaxed for the first time since last night. I hadn't slept at all last night, worrying because I'd pissed her off and upset her by not telling her that I knew who her dad was. Then I had Pete come round at dinner time today acting like some crazy guy. I could understand where he was coming from. If I'd just found out who my daughter was and that one of my friends had taken her virginity I'd probably kill the guy. He'd asked, well told me really, that if I stayed with her or ever so much as touched her then he'd kill me slowly and painfully. She definitely got her temper from him. I knew that by telling her I didn't love her she'd leave it and not keep trying to get us back together. Even if it did mean that it tore her heart up. I didn't want to ruin her relationship with Pete. She'd spent her whole life wanting to find him. I wasn't going to be the guy who stood in between them. That wasn't me.
♠ ♠ ♠
o_0 my Internets not working & not getting it fixed until at least Monday ! So that's the reason for the lack of updates.
HOWEVER, I have been able to write some more on this story.. I'm now up to chapter forty three. + I've also wrote some new stuff for You're Not Going Home Alone - My other Pete story + Oh Please, I'm In Love - My Robert Pattinson story. So please read & comment this chapter !
♥