Status: Completed

I Hate the Way You Say My Name, Like It's Something Secret

Chapter 27

Image

I sat in the back of a different cab, waiting to arrive back at uncle Patrick's. I'd been gone for two days now. I hadn't bothered to turn my cell on, I knew it would be ringing non-stop and I just needed time to think.

I paid the taxi driver and took my bags, walking into the house.

“BUBBLES!!!” Nix screamed, running up and wrapping her arms tightly around my legs.

“Sky, oh my God. Where the hell have you been?” Mom yelled, coming over to me and wrapping my in a tight hug.

“Just stayed in a hotel a few miles away. I just needed time to think, I'm sorry.” I sighed.

“It's okay. I understand.” She said softly, stoking my hair.

Cassidy's POV

I sat in Patrick's living room with Pete and the twins. It was so awkward and hard being around him after all this time. He was the only reason I wanted to get back to Florida asap. Just seeing his face, hearing his melodic velvety voice made me want to throw up. I swear, if he ever hurts Sky again I'll fucking kill him. After her making her little get-away I was watching her like a hawk. I couldn't go through all that worry again. I don't think I've even cried so much in all my life.

I looked over to my sixteen year old daughter staring into space. She kept checking her sidekick every now and again, probably seeing if Brendon had called or text her. She looked so heartbroken. She'd told me what he'd said to her, after spending an hour trying to get it out of her before we went to the airport the other day. She was so cut up. I knew Brendon, he wouldn't of slept with her if he didn't love her. He just wasn't like that.

“So, um what's gonna happen when you guys go back to Florida after Christmas?” Bloo asked quietly.

I couldn't believe I was sat in the same room as my little boy. Well, he was hardly little anymore. He towered over me. I don't know where the hell he got his height from but it definitely wasn't me. Pete wasn't even that tall either. And well, Sky's practically a midget.

“Um, I don't know.” I replied quietly.

“I guess you could come and stay with us whenever you want to and for as long as you want.” I smiled weakly.

I'd love for him to come and live with us back in Florida.

“Would I be able to come here and stay with you?” Sky asked, looking up at Pete from the floor.

“Whenever you want to. Your always welcome.” He smiled warmly at her.

I watched as her face lit up. She had his mouth, his smile, his pout. God, his pout was adorable. She always used to pout when she was younger, she still done it now and it always reminded me of him. How adorable he looked when he pouted and used his puppy dog, brown eyes.

Shut up brain! Do not start thinking like that again.

“What about Ashlee?” Sky questioned.

Watching her punch Ashlee last night was incredible. For someone so short and with not much muscle, Sky sure as hell could throw a punch. Then again, Travis, Ryan, Joe, Elliot, Mike, Jersey and Alex were always play fighting with her. I guess she had to learn to defend herself otherwise the guys would end up accidentally murdering her or something.

“I'll talk to her about it. But the answer is still the same. You're always welcome here, Bubbles.” He smiled again.

Sky nodded slowly before checking her cell for the millionth time. It was starting to do my head in now.

“I'll be back in a sec.” I smiled to the twins, getting up and walking out into the kitchen, closing the door behind me. I couldn't stay in there with him any longer.

Sky's POV

I sat cross-legged on the floor, looking at my dad and my twin brother. I wouldn't say we were identical. He had different colored eyes to me, and my hair was a more chocolate color where as his was black. Although, I think he'd mentioned that he'd dyed it that color.

I hadn't heard anything from Brendon at all. I guess he really did mean what he'd said. I thought he was the one. I know that might sound stupid but I really did. I'd known him since I was born, he'd always been there for me and I'd loved him for so long now. I guess the feeling wasn't mutual.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sixteen tomorrow - comments as a present? (:
♥