Status: Completed

I Hate the Way You Say My Name, Like It's Something Secret

Chapter 9

Image

“No!” I screamed, running out of the front door.

I attempted to zip my hoodie up with my good hand and failed. I left it in frustration and stormed down the road. Topic of latest argument with my mother – going back home. She had wanted me to go back home with her and the guys simply because I got hurt. She could go home if she wanted to but I was staying right here. I loved it here, it was awesome. The snow, the people, everything. My cell vibrated strongly in my pocket as someone was calling me. I pulled it out to see Brendon's name on the screen.

“Bear?” I sobbed walking into a park near my grandparents house. I sat down on one of the swings, rocking backwards and forwards.

”Bubbles, where are you sweetie?” He asked softly.

“A park.” I replied.

”You wanna come back to mine for a bit to calm down?”

Mom must have called him. I nodded, even though he couldn't see it.

“That sounds good. Where is yours anyway?” I asked, wiping the tears off my cheeks.

”I'll come pick you up. Your at the park by your grandparents, right?”

“Yeah.”

”Okay, see ya in a sec sweetheart.” With that he hung up.

I sat on the swings until Brendon came and picked me up, taking me straight back to his apartment that he shared with Ryan.

“Hey Bubbles, what's up?” Ryan asked, concern clear in his voice.

“Nothing, I'm fine.” I smiled weakly at him. He gave me a sympathetic look before picking up his jacket.

“I'm going to Kelties. See ya later kid.” He smiled, ruffling my hair and giving me a quick hug and kiss on my cheek.

Keltie was Ryan's girlfriend of three years. She was sweet and funny, perfect for him.

“Do you want something to eat or drink?” Brendon asked once Ryan had left.

“No thanks.” I murmured, shaking my head. I walked over to the couch and collapsed down onto it, sighing heavily. Yes, I could be rather dramatic at times.

“Right, so what's up?” Brendon asked, sitting down next to me and pulling my legs over his lap.

“Mom wants me to go back to Florida with her and the guys. I don't want to go Bear, I like it here, a lot.” I sighed, playing with one of the cushions on the couch.

“Well just tell her that then. Instead of having a screaming match with her, sit down and explain to her that you want to stay for a bit. Tell her you'll be back home soon, you just need a break. If your mature about it, she'll listen. Just make sure you don't end up screaming your head off at her. I know what your like Bubs, you have quite the temper just like your... mom.” His eyes looked shocked at what he had just said but what was so shocking about that? It sounded as if he was going to say something else.

“My mom doesn't have that bad a temper.” I replied, confused.

“Er, sometimes. What do you wanna do?” He quickly changed the subject. I looked around the room, searching for something we could do.

“Um...” My eyes landed on a small rectangle box sitting in the corner. “That.” I grinned, pointing to it.

“Twister? You want to play twister?” I nodded, grinning as he looked at me weirdly.

“C'mon, it'll be fun.” I jumped up and got the box whilst Bren moved the coffee table out of the way.

“Wait, what about your wrist?” He tilted his head to the side. Shit.

“I just wont use it.” I laid the mat down and spun the spinner.

“Right hand green.” I told him as he put his hand on one of the green spots.

We'd been playing for about twenty minutes now and Brendon had won twice and I had won four times. Right now we were in a very compromising position. I was beneath him with my right hand on red, my left foot on blue and my right on red. He was hovering above me with his left hand on yellow, his right on blue, his left foot on yellow and his right on green.

“I'm gonna fall!” He exclaimed, a grin on his boyish face.

“No! You can't!” I screamed, trying not to laugh so I wouldn't fall.

If he fell he would land right on top of me. I stuck my left arm out just in case he did fall. I didn't want to hurt it anymore than it already was. He started laughing, wobbling as he did so. He couldn't stop laughing and toppled over, landing right on top of me.

“Bren!” I yelled, laughing from under him.

“I'm sorry.” He chuckled, his face hovering above mine.

“I won, again. Five to me, two to you. Queen of twister!” I beamed, proudly.

He laughed at me, his face moving dangerously close to mine.

He propped himself up onto his hands so he wasn't putting too much pressure onto my body. God, his perfect pink lips, his straight white teeth, those deep chocolate eyes. Everything about him was gorgeous. I couldn't help but smile at how perfect he was. He stopped laughing and stared into my eyes, neither of us breaking the gaze. He lent down, closer to me. His lips were now millimeters from my own. His hot breath lingered on my lips, making me want to feel his on mine so badly.

“RYAN!” Someone yelled, walking into the apartment. “Oh shit, sorry!” Pete slapped his hand to his eyes.

“Fuck.” Brendon mumbled quietly.

“Sorry, I uh, didn't mean to interrupt.” Pete said, his hand still over his eyes childishly with a smirk on his lips.

“Pete, what are you doing here?” Brendon sighed, sitting up onto his knees. I stood up and readjusted my top.

“Came here to see Ry. We were gonna go out for a drink.” Pete removed his hand and sat on the arm of the chair.

“He's gone to Kelties.” Brendon told him. Pete bit his lip and stood up again.

“I should get going.” I mumbled.

“I'll take you back to 'Tricks, see if he wants to go out for a drink.” Pete smiled happily.

“Sure.” I gave Brendon a quick hug before me and Pete left and went out to his car.

“So, you and Bear huh?” Pete smirked, wiggling his eyebrows from the drivers seat, breaking the awkward silence between us.

“We're just friends.” I told him, looking out of the window.

“Oh c'mon Tay, I know what I saw. I think you two look cute together.” He grinned, turning a corner.

“Yeah, well we're just friends.” He got the message and left it at that, dropping me off at uncle Patrick's.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is for HEARTSnWRISTSintacts who will probably be drunk whilst reading this :L
Holmzes - I'll let you take a wild guess (:
xo