Cyberspace Romance

Liar

Zoey stood there a few minutes just looking at him not believing what she had just discovered. He began walking towards her slowly, she just looked towards the ground. He had lied to her about who he was, what else did he lie to her about?

Bam approached Zoey slowly and watched as her head dropped. He had so many emotions rushing through him right now. He didn't know if she was pissed, angry, upset, or happy. He was glad the guilt of lying was off his shoulders, but he knew he needed to do damage control.

"Zoe. . ." He whispered when he got close enough to her.

She looked up at him and he could tell she was fighting back tears, that broke his heart.

"So you're Brandon, I'm assuming?" She said crossing her arms and looking at him.
"Y-yes." He choked out.
"You lied to me." She said walking away.

Bam sighed, and then grabbed her arm as she was about to turn away. He wouldn't allow her to just walk away from him, he needed to explain himself.

"Zoe, I didn't lie. My name is Brandon." He said calmly.
"No! Your name is Bam. Bam Margera." She said hatefully ripping her arm away from his.
"I didn't know how to tell you, Zoe!" Bam nearly screamed.
"You think this was the right way? By me accidentally hearing your cell phone go off?" She ask.
"No, I don't." Bam said quietly.
"You're a jackass." She hissed walking back inside the building.

Bam cursed loudly and walked in behind her. He saw her pushing her way through the crowd up to where her brother and his friend was sitting. Bam followed close behind, ignoring all the fans and people screaming his name.

"Let's go." Zoey said reaching the table.
"Okay--okay." Ryder said sensing something was wrong, and then he saw Bam Margera standing two steps behind Zoey.
"Holy fuck, Dude. You're Bam Margera." He said unable to control his excitement of being that close to his hero.

Zoey spun around quickly and looked into the piercing blue eyes of a man she had begin falling for. She couldn't believe he had lied to her about so many things.

"Leave me alone." She stated.
"We're going to talk about this, Zoe."

Ryder and Jacob both just looked at each other very confused for a moment. Ryder didn't know why his sister was telling Bam to leave her alone, nothing made sense.

"Sis, why are you being such a bitch to BAM MARGERA." He said stressing Bam's name.
"Because he's a liar." Zoey said looking at Bam in the eyes.
"We need to talk." Bam said once again.
"We're done talking, Brandon." She said, hissing his name out as if it was some sort of disease.

Ryder's mouth dropped to the floor when she called Bam Brandon. He now understood why she was so pissed. He also connected all the dots together and mentally slapped himself for not figuring it out. 29, Brandon, Pennsylvania, Owns a club. He couldn't believe his sister was talking to Bam Margera online this entire time.

Zoey turned around and ask Ryder and Jacob if they was ready to go. Ryder nodded his head, knowing his sister was upset. She walked right past Bam. Bam shot Ryder a look of apology as he and his friend walked past him. Bam turned around and watched as she disappeared from the bar. He couldn't believe he let this happen. If he would've just told her the truth from the beginning then this would have never happened.

Bam walked over to the bar where his friends were sitting, he took his seat and dropped his head hard against the wood of the bar counter. He couldn't believe she just walked out like that. He figured she would be upset, but he also figured she would at least give him a minute or two to explain.

"What's wrong with you?" Frantz ask.
"Zoey knows." Bam said raising his head up.
"How'd that go?" Novak ask
"She wants nothing to do with me." Bam said.
"Just give her some time to get over the shock, Bam. I'm sure she'll come around." Frantz said.

Bam hoped so. He decided he had enough excitement for one night. His night of avoiding Zoey had turned out horribly. She ended up finding out his secret, and wanting nothing to do with him. He decided to call it a night.

Zoey walked into her hotel room and tossed her purse to the corner of the room, making many of it's contents spread across the floor. She ran her fingers through her hair and sighed. She couldn't believe he lied to her! Why wouldn't he just tell her the truth? Was he scared she'd treat him differently? She shook her head, not knowing what to do or think about what had happened tonight.

"You okay sis?" Ryder ask opening her door.
"Fine, Ry." She said sitting down on the bed.

He walked in and joined her. He knew she probably needed someone to talk to, especially after finding out that sort of news.

"So. . . did he tell you? Or what?" Ryder ask
"Nope. . . I called Brandon and that's when his cell phone went off. . . Oh god, what do I even call him Bam or Brandon?" She ask laying back on the bed.
"I think the world calls him Bam, sis." Ryder said.
"Why did he lie, Ry?" She ask.
"Maybe he thought you'd either think he was lying and not talk to him again, or possibly go a bit psycho because he's famous. He might've just wanted to get to know you without having to be the Bam Margera the world knows him as. . . he probably wanted to be real with you, Zoe." Ryder said thinking about why Bam would lie about who he was.

There was many options as to why Bam would lie. But Ryder could only think of the last reason to be real.

"Are you gonna hear him out?" Ryder ask.
"I don't know. Part of me says yes, and another part says just go back home and avoid his messages and calls." Zoey said.
"But Zoe, you like him." Ryder reminded her.
"I liked Brandon." She corrected him.
"He is Brandon, just add more to him." Ryder said "I promise sis, he's not as bad as you'd think. Yeah, he's a jackass, but just give the guy a chance." Ryder pleaded.
"You're just siding with him because he's like your hero." Zoey said laughing.
"Kind of, but really though. I see how happy you are when you two talked. It's worth a shot, right?" Ryder ask
"I'll think about it. Now get over there and go to bed. I want you to show me around town before we go home!" Zoey said happily.

Ryder laughed and then gave his sister a hug and a kiss on the cheek before he walked out of her hotel room and over to his. Zoey reached over and grabbed her cell phone from the floor where it had fell out of her purse. She had turned it off after the incident outside the bar. She turned it on and saw she had three voice mails. She listened to them.

"Zoe, come on. Hear me out, I'm sorry. Please call me back."

"Zoey, come on. Pick up. You can't avoid me forever, Please."

"Please pick up, Zoey. I just wanna explain things. That's all I'm asking, then I'll leave you alone. Just let me explain things, I'm sorry, please. . ."

She sighed, and then looked at the time's on each of the calls. They were fifteen minutes apart, which meant that he should call back again in two minutes if he is going according to time. She decided she would answer this time if he called back.

She got up and cleaned around her hotel room for a few minutes. Minutes, upon minutes passed and he never called. She changed into some pajamas and decided that sleep was probably the best thing right now. She pulled back her covers and just as she was getting ready to crawl under them her cellphone started ringing. She reached over and picked it up, her stomach tying into knots when she saw his number blinking. She slowly flipped it open.

"Zoe? Zoe?" Bam ask.
"Yeah?" She questioned
"Before you hang up, please hear me out. . ." Bam started
"I will, but tomorrow. Okay?" Zoey ask "I'm pretty tired, and was just getting ready for bed."
"Where can we meet at? You'll talk to me in person right?" He ask.
"If that's what you want." She said.
"It is, I'm so sorry Zoe. I really am. I'll call you tomorrow, we'll go out to lunch and I'll explain things, okay?" He said.
"Okay, Bra--Bam." She said.
"I'll see you tomorrow Zoe." He said before hanging up.

She placed her phone on the night stand and then got under her covers. She didn't know why she planned on hearing him out, something just told her it was the right thing to do. She went to sleep looking forward to seeing Bam tomorrow, looking forward to hearing his excuses.