Cyberspace Romance

Kristen

Zoey sit in the living room and listened as Ryder talked about all the colleges he had applied to. She was proud of her little brother, and couldn't wait for him to make something of himself.

"So I applied at a lot of colleges around here, but also a few in Pennsylvania. . ." He said slyly.
"You're gonna go off and leave your sister here?" Zoey said with a small pout, playfully.
"Zoe! Come on. . . It's only an hour away. I could drive!" He said excited.

She just smiled at her brother as he talked about some of the perks of the different universities he had applied to. College for Ryder was already taking care of. Zoey's parents made sure she and Ryder both had an amazing college fund when they were still in alive. Not to mention, Zoey and Ryder both had plenty in the bank due to her father being a lawyer, and then they were suppose to be receiving money for the accident that took their parents lives. She didn't care about that money though-- she knew it couldn't bring them back, so she didn't want it. However her lawyer (Her father's old partner) said they should milk it for everything it's worth. She knew it was just the lawyer in him talking, so she went along and allowed him to handle everything.

"Phone, Zoe." Ryder said waving the white cordless in front of her.

She shook herself from her thoughts and grabbed the phone.

"Hello?" She answered.
"What the hell, Zoey?" Kristen's annoying and loud voice flooded her ears.
"What?" Zoey ask hatefully.
"Why didn't you tell me you and Bam Margera were seeing each other." Kristen ask.
"We're not. . . we are friends." Zoey corrected her.
"Still! Why didn't you tell me? God, Zoe! You're such a dumbass. Call him up and let's go out and party tonight. Tell him to bring all his friends along." Kristen said.
"Are you kidding me, Kris?" Zoey ask unbelieving her friend.
"Zoe. . . I know you're only talking to him because he's still got a bit of fame attached to his name. He's a wash out! Come on, invite them over. We'll party it up and maybe I'll land in a magazine like you!" Kristen said thinking up a plan.
"Never speak to me again, Kristen." Zoey spat as she hung up the phone.

She couldn't believe the nerve of Kristen. Calling and wanting to hang out with Bam and his friends, and then calling him a wash out only seconds later. Finally, Zoey was seeing the true colors of her friend. The side of her she had been warned about by so many people. She was done with that friendship, it wasn't worth it to her anymore. She placed the cordless down on the counter and then got up and walked into her kitchen to prepare dinner.

Bam looked over at Ape-- who was scanning through the week old magazine that had just became popular in West Chester. A small smile was creeping on his mother's lips as she studied the picture of him and Zoey in the park. One was of them laughing, another of him holding her as she tried to balance herself on the board, one of him smiling.

"I can't believe it." Ape said rubbing her finger over her son's face.
"What?" Bam ask with a smirk.
"You look happy." She said looking up from the magazine.

Bam scrunched his eyebrows up in confusion, and ran his hand through his curly locks. He looked back at his mother and chuckled a bit.

"I'm always happy, Ape!" He said laughing.
"No, you haven't been. . . not for over two years." She said looking down at the picture again.

Ape didn't know much about this Zoey girl-- all she knew was what she looked like. But that was really all she needed to know. She saw everything she needed in Bam. The girl brought back the sparkle to his eye, and the smile to his face. He was no longer drinking as much, and his smoking had slowed down. She even noticed he was back on the ramp more than usual. Zoey had somehow dug Bam out of the cave he had been in since he married Missy.

"When can I meet her?" Ape ask.
"Uhm. . . I don't know when she's coming back to Pennsylvania. She works Monday through Thursday at a Salon in New York." Bam said.
"Invite her down for the weekend then!" Ape said smiling.
"I just don't wanna rush things. . . I don't wanna scare her off." Bam admitted

Ape smiled once again and nodded her head. This was also very unusual for her son. He didn't want to scare a girl off? She couldn't believe it. He always moved rather fast with women, and now he was taking time, and actually respecting Zoey.

"Do you like her?" Ape ask after a few moments of silence.
"Isn't it obvious?" Bam ask laughing.
"Very. . . Does she like you?" Ape ask.

Bam laughed uncomfortably. He and his mom had never had this discussion before. Ape normally never had the chance-- he would just bring the girl home, she would move in and live off him. He had no time for anyone's opinions and thoughts on her.

"I think she does. . . but like I said, I'm just going to take it slow with her." Bam said.
"I think that's a good idea. . . is she okay after the paparazzi basically attacked her?" Ape questioned.
"Yeah, she's been riding to work with a friend, and they've laid off a bit." Bam said smiling.

Zoey rubbed her stomach as she sit back from the kitchen table. She had ate more than her share, and was now feeling extremely full. She sighed, once she felt able to move, and then got up and placed the left overs in the refrigerator. She knew Ryder and his friends would get hungry throughout the week and go searching for food. She washed her hands off on a rag and then walked into the living room when she heard a phone ringing. She looked up at the clock and noticed the time, with a smile she answered.

"Hey Bam." She said smiling.
"How'd you know it was me so quick?"
"You call around the same time every night." She said smiling, as she sunk back in the recliner.
"Oh, yeah. . . I guess so. How's your day been?" He questioned.

She debated on if she should tell him about the phone call from Kristen. She wondered if it would hurt his feelings or if he would want to know. She decided, to just go ahead and tell him about it.

"It's been one hell of a day. Kristen and I had a disagreement over the phone." Zoey admitted.
"Over what?"
"She called, wanting me to invite you and your friends out to party." Zoey started "Then she tried to tell me the only reason I'm talking to you is because you have fame attached to your name. . . and then she proceeded to call you a wash out." Zoey said.
"What the hell is her problem?" Bam ask.
"You just got to know this girl, Bam. That's how she is." Zoey reassured him.
"So what did you say then?" He ask wondering if she took up for him.
"I told her to never speak to me again." Zoey said.
"Zoe. . . I don't want to be the reason you and Kristen aren't friends anymore." He said feeling bad for her losing a friend over him.
"You're not, she is." Zoey said.

Zoey and Bam carried on a conversation for several hours before they finally decided to call it a night.

"Oh shit, I completely forgot. The New York demo is coming up next week. Are you coming?" Bam ask yawning.
"Of course, Ryder wouldn't miss it." Zoey said laughing.
"I knew he'd be there. . . just wanted to make sure you come."
"I'll be there, Bam." She reassured him.
"Okay, Zoe. I'll let you go to bed. Talk to you tomorrow."

She smiled, ending the phone conversation with Bam. Like most times when she hung up her phone, her chest was tight and her stomach was fluttering with butterflies. She walked into her bedroom and went to sleep peacefully like she had so many nights when she spoke with Bam. She was slowly falling in love with a Jackass.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image