Cyberspace Romance

Brandon

Zoey rolled out of bed bright and early on Saturday morning. She knew Ryder wouldn't even be turned over yet, so she changed into some sweats and took advantage of the opportunity. She jogged to the park, and then placed her headphones on and jogged around the track a few times. It was pretty warm today. Many parents were out with their children enjoying the warm weather. Zoey traveled quicker around the track, and then started on her way back home. She pulled out her cell phone when she finally managed to slow down to a walk and called her friend Kristen.

"What's up?" She ask her friend.
"Nothing much, work. Blah." Kristen replied.
"Work? On a Saturday? Who are you taking pictures of?"
"Some local band. It's the only time they was available since their all in college and such. What are you doing today?"
"Nothing as of right now. I'm sure Ry has something up his sleeve though." Zoey answered turning the corner.
"As always. But I gotta go-- I'll call later, Zoe."

Zoey hung up the phone with her friend and then walked into her apartment. She laughed when she walked into the living room and saw her brother standing there yawning, hair sticking up all over his head.

"Rough night?" Zoey ask.
"I stayed up til four a.m. talking to Jacob and Kyle. We've got some plans for new videos."
"Hopefully these don't require me getting a phone call, informing me that my younger brother is at the local hospital getting stitches." Zoey said.
"Nah, Kyle's doing the dangerous stuff this time."

Zoey just laughed and shook her head at her brother. She didn't understand how slamming yourself into a brick wall, or jumping off a bridge onto the hood of a car was fun; but he seemed to enjoy himself.

Bam walked over to his computer and turned it on. He really hadn't used it since he purchased it. Missy was always the one who used it, he really had no idea how to do anything on it besides surf the net. He brought up a window, and then went to youtube. He typed in "Ryder Moore", and found the channel of Ryder and his friends. He then started watching the videos, hoping to catch a glance of the pretty red head.

He didn't know what it was about her, but there was something there. Something that caught his attention and wouldn't let go. It had been three days since he had saw the video of her at Frantz's house, and he hadn't stopped thinking about her since. What was her name? How old was she? Where did she live? So many questions plagued him about her. He pictured her to have an exotic name to go with such a unique beauty.

After hours of surfing through Ryder and his friends channel of videos, he finally came across one which probably had her in it. It was titled "Zoey Freak Out". He clicked on the link and waited for the video to load impatiently.

"Okay, so I took all my sister's clothes and hid them under my bed. . . which is the once place she wouldn't even dare look. So this is the Zoey freak out." The boy said into the camera.

Bam watched as the girl walked out of her bedroom in nothing but a towel. A white fluffy towel, she was clutching to her probably naked body, he thought mesmerized her beauty.

"Where the fuck is my clothes, Ryder!" The beautiful woman yelled.
"I have no idea!" The skater kid said back.
"You're a fucking liar! Kyle has that damn camera, and you have a god awful smirk on your face. Now where are my clothes!"

Bam chuckled as she started looking all around the house for her clothes. The stove. The washer. Under the couch. She clutched onto the towel the entire time though, so Bam knew he wasn't going to see anything that would tickle his fancy. He smiled when she finally tossed her hands up in the air and grabbed some dirty clothes from the laundry basket.

"If you think I have a problem with wearing the same thing twice you're wrong Ryder Joseph!" She screamed slamming the door in his face.

And with that the video ended. Bam sit back into his chair with a smirk, placing both hands behind his neck for support.

"Zoey." He mumbled now knowing the name of the mysterious red head who held his attention.

Zoey sit on the couch checking out various shops online. She had already ordered several things from Victoria Secret, and Wet Seal. Ryder came bouncing into the room; Cheeto's in one hand, and a Pepsi in the other.

"I'm going out with Katie tonight." He announced munching down.
"Isn't she a little too young for you, Ry?" Zoey ask.
"She's fifteen!"
"And has the maturity of a eleven year old."
"But she has a rack of a nineteen year old." He protested.

Zoey rolled her eyes. Even though at times, her brother was still a caring and sweet guy. He was still just a guy. She reached over and grabbed her purse from the counter, inside her wallet she pulled out a fifty dollar bill and then handed it over to him.

"Thanks sis. I won't be out too late. I'll be home before midnight."
"Alright, just call if you're gonna be any later." Zoey said.

Ryder nodded his head and then slipped on his adio shoes and headed out the door. Zoey decided to surf the net a bit more before.

Bam found the home page of Ryder and his crew. He went to the members page, and actually found a profile picture of her, and some information below. He scanned over the details, and felt like a stalker of some sort.

Zoey Moore
Twenty Four
Relation to Videos: Ryder's sister and Victim.
Location: New York
Contact Information: zoezoesahairdresser@yahoo.com

Bam chuckled at her email address. From just that small amount of information he found out so many things. She was a hair dresser, twenty four years old, and lived in New York which was only a little over an hour and half away. He looked down at his icons beside the time, and realized it was a little after nine at night. But what caught his attention was the yellow smiley face. The Yahoo messenger symbol. How could he not know? Missy used it to chat with her friends all the time. He opened it open, and saw a button which said "Create Account Now." He clicked on it and followed the instructions.

Nearly an hour later, he was signed into the messenger with an account. It took him a few minutes, but he eventually figured out how to add Zoey to his friends list (which contained no one, but Zoey). As soon as he added her, a box popped up in the corner of the screen which announced "Zoey is Online!".

He found himself faced with a decision. He could message her, and hope she would reply. Or he could shut the computer off, while he's ahead. He knew nothing about this woman, but her age, what she looked like, and where she lived. Why was he so caught up in finding out about her?

He decided anything was worth a shot. She might not even reply, he reminded himself. He grew some balls, and then typed her a message.

"Hey, I'm Brandon. Wanna chat?"

Zoey took a bite of her snickers bar and then looked down at the flashing box on her screen. She maximized the window and saw that it was a chat box, from someone she didn't recognize. His name was Brandon and he wanted to chat. She placed her candy bar down on the table beside the couch and popped her knuckles.

"Zoey. What's up?" She replied to his message. It took him a few minutes but he replied.
"Nothing, bored. You?"
"Surfing the net. Bored also. If you don't mind me asking. . . how did you find my email?"

Bam stalled for a second. What was he suppose to say? The truth was the only thing he could come up with.

"I saw your brother's videos and thought you were cute, somehow I came across your contact information and added you. I hope you don't mind."
"Not at all."

Zoey didn't mind talking to stranger online-- she actually found them much more entertaining than most people she met on a day to day basis. She chatted with Brandon for hours. He was easily to talk to; and had a lot to say. For the first time in a long time-- she found herself losing track of time by being occupied with a conversation. She looked up noticing Ryder walk in the door. She peeked down at the time on her computer and saw it was almost midnight.

"You waited up for me?" Ryder ask.
"Oh no, I was just chatting online. How was your date?" She questioned her brother.
"Fine, but I'm gonna hit the sack. Night, love you sis." Ryder said walking away.
"Love you too, night." She said to her brother, returning back to her conversation with Brandon.

"I can't believe it's midnight. Ryder just came home from his date. We've been talking for hours!"
"I know, I guess I should let you go to bed, huh?"
"I think sleep is nice. We'll chat again?" She questioned him.
"Of course. Tomorrow night?"
"It's a date." She typed and then said her good nights to her new Internet friend.