Cyberspace Romance

Karma

Zoey groaned as she loaded yet another load of laundry into her washer. She was spending the afternoon cleaning her home. It had been three days since had returned home from West Chester, and home to a messy house. Ryder and his friends, Jacob and Kyle ended up staying over at her apartment during the whole weekend. Which meant they wore Ryder's clothes, cleaned out her refrigerator, and never picked up after themselves. Which she didn't mind, it kept her busy.

She grabbed her purse off the counter and then scribbled down a note to Ryder, letting him know she was going grocery shopping and would be back soon. She walked out the front door, and down to the parking garage and climbed inside her car. She fought through the New York traffic until she arrived at a small little grocery store.

Walking inside, she went up and down each aisle, picking up everything she and Ryder liked. She made sure to get two boxes of cereal, which was enough to last him through his final weeks of high school. She couldn't believe his graduation was just two weeks away. It seemed like just yesterday she watched him go off to first grade, and now he was graduating from high school. Smiling, she continued to push her buggy down the aisle and pick up food. She remembered Bam was coming over this weekend, and picked up the stuff to make pasta.

She walked down another aisle and decided to make hot fudge cakes while Bam was over. She gathered everything she needed for that, and then headed off towards the counter. She mentally cursed herself for forgetting the nuts. She turned her buggy around and walked back down another aisle. She keep her eyes on the food, hoping to not over look what she needed.

"Ugh. Look who it is. I guess you just can't get enough of me can you?"

Zoey turned her attention to the voice, and rolled her eyes seeing Bam's ex standing there. Her hair was once again oily and matted to her head. The huge green scarf was snugged around her neck, and she looked as skinny as ever.

"Excuse me?" Zoey ask, keeping her cool.
"Apparently you're striving to be like me. I mean, you're dating my ex husband, now you're shopping in the same store as me. Oh, let me guess. Next you'll rip off my style." Missy spat.

Zoey forced herself to not laugh at her statement. She would never rip off her style-- she didn't even have a style!

"You've got it all wrong. and trust me, I have better taste than to rip your style off." Zoey said picking up her bag of nuts.

She wasn't one to let someone walk all over her. If Missy wanted a war, then Zoey was the one to pick a fight with.

"I hope you have fun with my sloppy seconds." Missy hissed.
"Oh thanks, I've not failed to have fun with him yet. So thanks, for getting out of his way and allowing a real woman to take charge." Zoey said with a smile.

She was aware that she probably should have corrected Missy, and told her that she and Bam were not together right now. But what she didn't know wouldn't hurt her. Missy rolled her eyes, groaned, and then stormed off with attitude.

Zoey just shook her head and pushed her buggy down to where the cashier was. She didn't care if she was missing anything else or not, she wasn't about to turn around. She stood in the line, as it slowly moved, and wondered if Missy would turn what she said around. She was cut from her thoughts by the sound of her phone ringing from inside her purse. She slowly pulled it out and answered it as she sit the food on the counter.

"What are you doing?" Bam questioned her.
"Grocery shopping and trying not to pounce on your ex." Zoey said.
"Ponce on my ex? Did you run into Missy again?" He questioned with a laugh.
"Mhm. She told me to have fun with her sloppy seconds." Zoey said laughing along with him.

Bam rolled his eyes, he couldn't believe Missy had changed into such a horrible person. He remembered her from back in junior high. She was sweet, caring, and considerate. Now she was just money hungry, and a bitch.

Zoey promised to call Bam back once she got home. Walking out of the grocery store, she looked over in the direction of a purple Lamborghini. She groaned seeing Missy flaunt it to everyone. Bam had mentioned she received it through the divorce. She rolled her eyes as she placed her bags into her trunk. Once everything was placed in her trunk, she shut it, and then turned around and looked over to where Missy was now flying out of the parking lot. She couldn't believe she was driving so quickly; especially in New York.

She watched as Missy drove right out in front of a Range Rover. The large vehicle smacked into the Lamborghini in just a matter of seconds. The sound of the collision was loud, and powerful. Zoey rushed over to the accident. There was already four people trying to get Missy out of the lambo, so she walked over to the Range Rover. There was a honey colored blond in the front seat with a bleeding forehead.

"Get my baby, please!" The blond groaned.

Zoey rushed to the back and saw a beautiful child in a car seat. She couldn't have been over two years old. She opened the door, and then crawled into the seat, and unbuckled the baby and held her tight in her arms as she got out of the vehicle. A man was now helping the mother out.

The mother took the baby from Zoey's arms and thanked her. Zoey told her to take a seat and rest until the ambulance driver got there. Police had already arrived at the scene and were questioning Missy.

Zoey over heard Missy tell the cop that she had just got out of a divorce, and hadn't had time to put any insurance on the vehicle.

The mother and child wasn't injured bad, but the mother was defiantly going to need stitches, and her vehicle was messed up. The cop let Missy know that she was going to be held responsible for all damages, since she had no insurance.

Once the ambulance came, Zoey left the mother and baby's side and then returned back to her vehicle. She couldn't believe that Missy was dumb enough to pull out into a busy street at those speeds. Now Missy was going to be held responsible for the doctor bills, and buying the woman a new Range Rover. Not to mention repairing the Lamborghini if she ever wanted to drive it again.

Zoey hated to sound like a bitch, but the other thing that came to her mind was the word Karma.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image