Cyberspace Romance

Tears

Zoey looked over at the gown hanging in Ryder's closet and nearly broke down crying. She couldn't believe her little brother was graduating from high school tomorrow. Things just seemed to flash before her eyes. She could remember when he was younger, and would wet the bed and then run to her room, scared of their father's reaction. She remembered his first 'girlfriend' that he took to his eighth grade prom. She was so proud of him, and knew her parents would be too.

She let a few loose tears fall from her eyes when she thought about her parents and how they would miss this. How Ryder must feel to know that the only family member he has at his graduation, is his older sister. She wished her parents were still around at times like this. To help her along with him. She was doing everything she could to let Ryder have a good life, just as they did but sometimes she felt as if she was a failure.

She remembered back to the day she received the call. She had been working at Jessica's salon for a little over three months, and was happier than ever. On that particular day she had just washed a color out of a woman's hair, and placed the towel on her head when Jessica told her she had a phone call. Little did she know, but that day, and that phone call would flip her world upside down. It was her father's best friend on the other line, and from that second, she knew something terrible had happened.

Once he told her the news of her parents being involved in a car accident, and not making it through, she fell to her knees and broke down. She didn't know how she was going to make it without them. They were her strength, and shoulder to lean on during everything. But she was most of all worried about Ryder-- he had just started Junior year when they received the news. She knew it must have been harder on him, than it was for her. For them to miss so many things. She just wished they could see him now, and see what an amazing man he had grown into.

"Sis, why are you crying?" Ryder ask leaning against the door way watching the tears trickle down Zoey's face.

She looked over at him, smiled weakly, and then rubbed her eyes clean. He gave her a smile and then walked over to her and pulled her into a hug. He knew she was probably thinking about their parents. Sometimes he would catch her crying when she looked through old photo albums, or when something big in his life happened. She had bawled the entire night before his senior prom.

"Are you okay?" He ask patting her back in the hug. She simply nodded.
"You know you're the best sister I could have ever ask for, right?" He ask.

She smiled wide, and kissed him on the forehead.

"You excited about graduating?" She ask, her voice pitching since she had been crying.
"Yeah, I am. I can't wait to go and make something of myself, so I can let my sister retire at an early age and then take care of her." He said smiling.

Zoey laughed and walked out of the room, Ryder following behind her. She walked into the kitchen and saw the many boxes of cake mix sitting on the counter. Little did Ryder know-- But Bam had rented him a mansion to have a party at. It had everything teenagers could want, and Zoey had decided to make enough cup cakes for his senior class.

"So, what's this surprise Bam has for me?" He questioned.
"You'll just have to wait and see." Zoey said smiling.
"Are you involved in on this one?" He questioned.
"Nope, Bam wanted to do all by himself. I'm just helping with a little part of it." Which was just cupcakes. Bam was handling everything else.

Ryder nodded his head and laughed. He couldn't believe his sister was dating Bam Margera, his hero, and now Bam Margera was doing something special for his graduation. He knew life worked in mysterious ways, but never in his dreams did he picture life dealing him, or Zoey this hand.

"So what did you get me?" He questioned with a smirk.
"Nu-huh. Don't even think about pulling it out of me. You get it tomorrow before we go to graduation." She said smiling.

Zoey had bought Ryder a red Crotch Rocket which was something he had wanted since he was sixteen years old. He thought he was finally mature enough to handle it. She was going to give it to him tomorrow before graduation, since they wouldn't have time to after, since they was going straight to the mansion Bam had rented.

"Oh come on, What did you get me?" Ryder said with a smile.
"Nope! I refuse Ryder Joseph Moore!"

Ryder knew once she pulled out the full name that he had no hope in getting it out of her. He would just have to wait until tomorrow day. He told his sister he was going to go out with Kyle and Jacob tonight, since Jacob's parents were taking them out to celebrate. She nodded her head, and gave him money even though he said he didn't need any. Once he was gone she looked back towards the cake mix on the counter and sighed. This was going to be a very long night.

After three hours of non-stop baking her phone began ranging. She wiped her hands on her apron and then walked into the living room and grabbed it before the person hung up. She answered the phone out of breath.

"Don't tell me my girlfriends in a room with another man while I'm stuck here in West Chester?" Bam joked.
"Ha-ha. Very funny. My fingers are going to bleed from baking so much!" Zoey said.
"I told you, I'd handle it." Bam said laughing.
"Well! I should have let you. I've still got to bake nine more dozens." She said making sure she had enough for everyone.
"You can handle it. Is he suspecting a party?" Bam ask.
"Nope. He tried to get the details out of me, but he has no clue." She said smiling, as she leaned back on the couch to take a break.
"Are you positive you can pick the bike up from the Honda shop?" She questioned him.
"I'm positive, Babe. Chill out. There's a trailer on the back of the hummer for it right now." He said chuckling.

Zoey really just wanted everything to go perfectly for Ryder. He deserved a good graduation, a remediable graduation, and she was glad Bam was helping her give him one. She talked to Bam a bit longer, before ending the phone conversation and returning to the kitchen where she was making a army of cupcakes.

Everything seemed to be falling into place perfectly. She had the man of her dreams, her younger brother was graduating high school, and then going off to college to make something of himself, she had a great job. The only thing that could make this better, would be to have her parents around. She knew that wasn't going to happen.

She let a few tears fall out of her eyes once again as she iced the final cup cakes. Somewhere deep down inside of her, she knew her parents would be proud of her. Proud that she had stepped up to the plate, and took on the task of raising a teenage boy. Proud of all that she had accomplished, and proud that she had finally found someone who made her happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image