Cyberspace Romance

Shianne

Image
Zoey fumbled with the knobs on the Mercedes radio as Bam drove over to Frantz house. He had arranged for Ryder and Frantz' sister Shianne go view the university together. Bam and Zoey were going to go meet up with a large group of friends and family for lunch. Zoey ran her fingers through her hair once she had finally found a song she liked. Bam just chuckled, as he pulled into his friend's drive way.

"Try not to flirt too much." Zoey told her younger brother.
"She likes to skateboard, it's not like she's going to be attractive." Ryder said.

Bam had told him Shianne liked to skateboard, was very out going, and would keep him on his toes. He had a mental image of what she looked like. A body like a boy, mousy brown thin hair kept up in a messy bun or a pony tail, jean shorts that do her body no good, and some sort of t-shirt, no make-up on her plain freckled face. He had a whole vision of what Shianne was going to look like.

Zoey stepped out of the car, and then held open the door for her brother. Ryder stuck his hands in his pockets as they walked into Joe Frantz' house. He didn't get nervous about meeting anyone famous now. . He had met Bam, and he didn't really care about anyone else. Ryder's eyes bulged out of his head when he saw a dark haired beauty sitting on the couch texting. The girl looked up from the couch, allowing her chocolate brown eyes to penetrate his cool blue ones.

He knew that couldn't be Shianne.
She was far too gorgeous to be interested in skateboarding.

"Hey Zoey!" Frantz said looking her way.
"Hi." She said smiling.

Shianne raised up off the couch and walked over and stood beside her brother. The two of them looked like complete opposites, and would never pass as siblings. Zoey couldn't believe how beautiful the girl standing in front of her was.

"Shi, this is Ryder. . . he may be going to the University too." Bam said.
"Hi Ryder." Shianne said, her angelic voice nearly making Ryder nearly crumble to the floor.

The teenage boy ran his fingers through his shaggy hair and then looked at the beauty standing in front of him.

"Hi" He said squeaky, due to how nervous he was.

Zoey bit down on her lip to stop the giggle that was forming. Bam allowed his chuckle to escape.

"You got gas in your car, right?" Frantz ask his little sister.
"Yeah. I've got it. The tour's over at three." She said.
"We'll be back around five, right Bam?"
"Yeah." Bam told him.
"You could show him around town." Frantz suggested.

Zoey winked at her little brother and then walked out of the house with Bam and Frantz. She just hoped her brother and Shianne hit things off. Bam got into the back of the Mercedes and then the three of them headed off to the location where everyone was meeting up.

"He was totally blown away by your little sister." Zoey said.
"Yeah. She was nervous too. Texting her little bitch ass friends telling them she had first dibs if he was hot." Frantz said shaking his head.

Normally, Zoey hated any girl that might seem interested in her brother. No one ever seemed good enough for him. But, she could see herself actually getting along with Shianne. She seemed very down to earth, and she was defiantly Ryder's type.

"So, after lunch and we're heading over to Chad's studio to record Radio Bam, right?" Frantz ask.
"Yeah."
"Why aren't we recording it at your house?" Frantz questioned.
"Because, Chad didn't feel like driving to my house." Bam said laughing.

Chad wanted to play a big role in Radio Bam. He actually wanted to be the one who ask Zoey her opinions on Missy's article. However, he had some work to do on the cKy album, and didn't want to leave home. So, Bam had volunteered to bring her, along with some others to him instead.

They arrived at the restaurant about twenty minutes later. Zoey, Bam, and Frantz made their way inside and over to the back of the room that had been reserved for them. Zoey smiled, and waved to some of the familiar faces she saw. Some others weren't so familiar, but she assumed she would be knowing them soon.

Bam slipped his hand into Zoey's and smiled at her as they ordered their food. Everyone had finally arrived and he decided to introduce her to the crowd.

"Dip shits. . ." He said, and received a glare from his mom "And Ape. . ." He said.

"I just wanted to introduce Zoey to the ones of you, who haven't met her yet." Bam said.

Zoey smiled at some of the unfamiliar faces. Bam introduced them all one by one, by pointing when he said their name. She tried to remember the names as best as she could, but she had trouble after the sixth person.

"Don't worry. . . You'll remember sooner or later." Bam whispered in her ear.

Dinner was going quite well. Zoey was getting to know Novak's girlfriend Mandy quite well.

"I'll be right back." Bam said kissing her cheek, and getting up from the table. Once he was away from the table Ape made her way over and took the seat where Bam was sitting.

"Hi Zoey!" Ape said excitedly.
"Hello." Zoey said with a smile.

Ape frowned after saying her hello's. She liked Zoey a lot, and hated that Missy was dragging her into the mess of her and Bam's relationship. Ape felt the need to apologize for it, just encase Bam didn't.

"I just want to apologize for all the mess you've been dragged into with his ex wife." Ape said.
"Oh, Ape. Don't sweat it. I'm not worried about her." Zoey said.
"You're such a nice girl though. I really wish she wouldn't bring you into it. But, I guess we all knew she would. She's such a vindictive little wench." Ape said.

Zoey was surprised by how Ape felt towards Missy. The elderly blond seemed like the type of woman who got along with everyone. It was funny that even his mom hated her.

"Don't worry about me, I can handle myself." Zoey said with confidence.
"I'm so glad he found you." Ape said smiling as she looked over at her soon, who was smiling as he punched his friend Novak in the shoulder. The old Bam had finally returned.

Bam soon came back over to the table and sit opposite of Ape and Zoey. He joked around with his mom-- telling her she wore a constant frown and needed to cheer up.

"How am I suppose to smile with a kid like you?" Ape ask with a grin.
"Oh shut up." Bam said.

The rest of the lunch and get together was spent laughing and joking around. Zoey felt really comfortable with Bam's family and friends. It was almost as if she fit in perfectly with them. Ape and Phil reminded her of her own parents. She found herself starring at them and smiling when she realized how in love they were. She hoped one day to have what they had.

"You ready to go do this Radio show?" Bam questioned.

Zoey got up and nodded her head. Bam announced that a few of them were leaving. He gulped down his drink and then pulled his car keys from his pocket. Zoey gave Ape a hug-- promising to visit her soon, and walked out of the restaurant with Bam and about six of his friends. She had remembered three of their names, but was pretty clueless as to who the other three were.

"Hanna, you riding with us?" Bam questioned his child hood friend.

The man nodded his head, and climbed in the back seat with Frantz.

"We'll meet you there." Called Ryan Dunn who was getting inside the vehicle with Brandon Novak, and Pro Skater Tim O'Connor.

Zoey got inside the vehicle and waited for Bam to tell everyone else goodbye. She tapped her hands nervously against her knee. She didn't know if she was prepared to talk on the radio or not. What if she said the wrong thing? Stumbled on her words? What if his fans hated her just like they hated Missy?