Cyberspace Romance

Decision

Image
Zoey tied her hair up and walked over to the table where Ryder had all his college papers scattered. Today he was going to make the decision of where he wanted to attend college. Part of her already knew what he was going to say though.

"So, how did you like the community college?" She questioned him.

He had just had a tour of it yesterday, while she was working. He shrugged his shoulders.

"It was okay." He said.
"You liked West Chester University, didn't you Ry?" She questioned.

Ryder nodded his head. WC University was where he wanted to go, but he knew going to college there meant leaving Zoey behind. He could get himself a job and a small cheap apartment, but leaving behind his sister wasn't what he wanted to do.

"I liked it, Zoe. But I don't know. . . It's pretty far away."
"It's only an hour and a half." She reminded him.
"Yeah, but Zoe. What about you? I'm not going to abandon you." He said.

Ryder and Zoey had always stuck together. Even before the death of their parents, the two were close. Then with the passing of their parents, they both promised to never leave each other. Ryder, knew WC University was just an hour away, but he wouldn't be able to see Zoey during week days, and he didn't know if he could handle that.

"Didn't you and Shianne hit it off?" She questioned him, hoping to not let her hold him back from making his own choice of where he wanted to attend school.
"Yes, we did. But still, I don't wanna leave you, Zoe." Ryder said.

Zoey groaned. She really didn't know what to do in a situation like this. She knew Ryder wanted to go to WC University more than anything. She was scared if he decided to just go to a community college in New York, then he would be unhappy, and if he was unhappy, then he wouldn't put a hundred percent into his school work.

She left the room, and walked into her bedroom and grabbed her cellphone. She decided to call Bam, who would hopefully have some insight on what to do. It only took him three rings to pick up.

"Yo?" His voice rang in her ear.
"Bammmmm. I need your help." She whined.
(Laughing) "What's wrong, babe?" He questioned her.
"Ry don't wanna go to WC University because it means leaving me behind, but I know it's what he wants. How I do convince him?"
"Move here as well." Bam said
"I'm being serious." She said.

Bam chuckled. This was exactly the delimma he was hoping for.

"I'm being serious, Zoe! Moving here sounds like the best option. Ry could go to college-- you could get a job. You'd get to see him all the time, you'd see me all the time. Tell me one down fall of that plan?" He said.
"Uh. . . I live in New York." She said as if Bam suggesting that she move was the most insane idea ever.
"That's the only thing, Zoe! Come on, It's just an hour away."
"I have a job, Bam." She reminded him.
"Didn't you always say you wanted to open your own salon. Isn't this the perfect opportunity to do so?"

Bam was completely right. Zoey had always dreamed of opening her own Salon, but in New York that was almost impossible. She had the money-- but the space and competition was a problem. If you could find a place to possibly open a salon, then there was the issue of there also being five other salons on the same block. While visiting in West Chester, she hadn't saw but one Salon in the entire area.

"I don't know, Bam..." She said thinking about how scary it was to move away from the only place she had ever known as home.
"What are you scared of? You know I'll be here right behind you every step of the way."

Moving to West Chester seemed like the reasonable decision. Her parents had left her enough money to build a salon, and take the time off while building it. She also had the law suit coming in from her parent's death, so money wasn't the issue. But was she prepared to leave behind her life in New York?

She told Bam, she'd think about it and then walked back into the living room. She caught Ryder looking down at a West Chester brochure. He jumped a bit when he saw her and tucked it under a community college piece of paper.

"I decided." He said "I'll go to the local community college."
"I decided too." Zoey said. "We're going to move to West Chester at the end of the summer."

Ryder's mouth fell open in delight.

"Are you serious?" He ask excitedly.
"Yeah. . . I can open a salon there, and you can go to school." She said still not believing how quickly she had made her decision. She had made it when she saw Ryder tuck the brochure under the other. She wouldn't allow her brother to be unhappy because of her.
"Zoe. . . you're not just doing this because of me, right?" Ryder ask.
"No." She lied. "I want to move."

She really didn't want to move-- moving away to a new town was scary. Though, she knew she shouldn't be scared. She almost knew more people in West Chester than she did in New York. The opportunities in the small town were endless, and she would be spending more time with Bam. Slowly her fear of moving started to fade. She couldn't believe she didn't look at the upside of moving.

She and Ryder could find them an apartment about the size of the one they have now. She was positive the living expenses would be much cheaper. She could find her a place to open a salon, and transform it into the salon of her dreams. She couldn't believe the idea of moving away didn't come to her sooner. It was an excellent idea, and she was glad she made the decision.

She walked into her bedroom once again and called Bam back. She wanted to let him know about her decision. He picked up quickly.

"Ello?" he said.
"Bam!" She said excitedly.
"Hmm?" He ask knowing what she was going to tell him.
"We're moving to West Chester! You're right. I could open a salon, find an apartment, and Ry could go to school, and I'd be close to you. It's crazy not to move!" She said quickly.
"I think that's a great idea. You don't even have to get your own place. You and Ry could live with me." Bam suggested.
"Oh no, I'm getting my own place." She said, she liked being independent.
(Laughing) "Damn, it was worth a try." He said chuckling.
"Keep an eye out on me a place to buy or rent for the salon, will you?" She ask.

Bam said he would keep an eye out on a future salon location. Zoey was excited as she talked to Bam. She couldn't believe that she had made the decision so quickly. Most people would take months, sometimes years to decide about moving, but in less than an hour her mind was made up. She knew there would be a lot of things she needed to do before she moved. She would need to find a place to rent in West Chester, find a location for a salon, quit her job at Jessica's salon, have her cosmetologist license transferred over from New York to Pennsylvania.

But she knew this was the right decision.