Cyberspace Romance

Jessica

Image
The next day at work Zoey had informed Jessica on her decision of moving. Even though Jessica was losing her best worker, and one of her best friends, she thought it was the right move. She was looking forward to seeing Zoey open her own salon. She knew that the two of them would always remain friends, and she also let Zoey know that if things ever went sour in Pennsylvania then she always had a job with her.

Zoey had made a note to contact most of her regular clients and let them know of her move. Most were very disappointed, especially the elderly woman who had taken to Zoey. Several had tried to talk her out of it; but she knew what she wanted. She wanted to live in West Chester. She wanted Ryder to attend a good University. She wanted to own her own salon, and most of all she wanted to be with Bam.

There was only two months until summer classes took session at the University, she wanted Ryder to be settled in and comfortable by then. She had planned on looking online for a place to rent, or possible buy, and then go down and look for an actual place to buy/rent for the salon. Ryder was already planning all of the things he wanted to do when they arrived to West Chester, Zoey was surprised to find most of them contained Shianne's name. She had saw her brother interested in girls before, but normally he moved on after a date, he hadn't never found one who made him want to settle down, Zoey had hopes that Shianne would.

"So, how are you and Bam doing?" Jessica ask as she curled her client's hair.
"We're doing really good." Zoey replied.
"I listened to the Radio Bam episode with you. I was surprised by how cool you were. I figured you'd wanna rip her a new one." Jessica said.
"Oh, trust me. It was harder than ever to not just tell the world how I felt about her" Zoey said chuckling.

Zoey had a itching that the drama between Missy wasn't over. Something told her that it was just the beginning, but she really didn't care. She was prepared for anything, and she knew that Missy had no clue as to what she was getting herself into.

"So, when is the big move going to happen. I don't even wanna think about finding your replacement." Jessica said laughing.
"Not sure. I guess as soon as I find a place to live. I figured Ry and I could get settled in first, and then I could find a location for the salon."
"Yeah, that's a good idea. Could you imagine trying to get settled in and arranging a salon! Oh god, I wouldn't even attempt that."

Zoey laughed along to her friend. She was glad Jessica took the news of her leaving so well. She was really the only one she was concerned with. Jessica was really the only person she considered a true friend. She had lost many due to Kristen's obscene behavior.

Zoey watched as Jessica walked over and once again shut the door and locked it. She was going to miss Jessica so much when she moved away and worked in her own salon. Jess had taught her so many things, showed her what she was doing right and wrong when she had just got out of beauty school. She had even done her apprenticeship under her. She couldn't imagine working in a place where the amazing Jessica didn't walk around with her knowledge and skill.

"You're gonna have such an amazing shop. I can't wait to come down and visit it once you're finished." Jessica said.
"You promise you'll visit?" She ask.
"Of course, I'll visit, Zoe! You're one of my best friends. I'm not just going to forget you because you're moving an hour away." Jessica said laughing.

Zoey smiled at Jessica. Zoey walked out of the shop; leaving Jessica behind to work on some paperwork. She smiled as she passed by a few of her neighbors on the way. Thankfully the paparazzi had gave up snapping pictures of her weeks ago. Just as Bam said; they would get bored with their story and move on. She couldn't imagine what it must be like to be a celebrity who was always in the spot light.

Arriving at her apartment she smiled seeing Ryder talking to Jacob and Kyle. Kyle had plans of going to California, while Jacob was staying behind in New York for college. She had watched the three of them grow up together, and hated to see them part ways now, but was confident that they would remain friends.

"I'm fixing spaghetti tonight. You boys staying?" She questioned them. They both nodded their heads quickly. She chuckled and made her way into the apartment, slipping her shoes off at the door. She dropped her sack down and mumbled a song lyric as she walked over and pressed the button on her answering machine. There was 2 messages.

Hey Zoe. It's Bam, just calling to let you know I'm heading out to the ramps with Novak and Gee. Gee's wanting to record some footage and take some pictures. I'll call you tonight.

She waited for the next message to come on, while she placed the noodles on the stove.

Zoey, it's Greg. Just wanted to let you know that we've settled the case. Of course, I'll need your signature and such. They made us an offer we couldn't refuse. If we don't accept it now, we'll drag it out two or three more years, and possibly only get a few more thousand. Call me and I'll give you the details tonight.

Zoey walked over and picked up her cordless phone, and looked at the time. Greg, who was her father's best friend and partner in his law firm was off work by now. She waited patiently for him to pick up.

"Greg?" She questioned.
"Zoey! Hey darling. How are you?"
"I'm good."
"I bet you're calling about my message; well we got some good news, I think. Their offering 200,000 dollars, Zoe."
"Wow. That's so much." She said.
"There were two deaths, Zoe."

He then explained to Zoey all the details that came along with it. Greg refused to take any of the money as a payment; he was doing this for his best friend. Zoey just couldn't believe she and Ryder was getting 200,000 dollars. She was expecting maybe 60-75,000 from the accident law suit, since the drunken driver only had liability. But Greg was an excellent lawyer and got everything he could get from the insurance company, even though he was aware that no amount of money would make up for the passing of their parents.

Zoey walked over to the door and hollered for Ryder to come in. He walked into the house and looked at his sister.

"The lawsuit was settled today."
"Oh really?"
"Greg settled for 200,000 dollars." Zoey said.
"Are you fucking serious?" Ryder ask.
"Yeah." Zoey replied.
"It doesn't bring mom and dad back, but at least it'll help us with the move to West Chester, huh." He said smiling.

Zoey fought back a tear as she remembered her parents. She was just glad to be putting this all behind her. Every time someone mentioned her parents or the lawsuit they had going, she would tear up. She was glad everything was over. She was starting a new phase in her life. Moving to a new town. She couldn't wait to move. She was looking forward to finding herself a nice little apartment, or even a home. Taking some time off work, as she fixed up her own little salon, and spending time with Bam.

After dinner, Zoey sit at her computer and looked through some of the real estate of Pennsylvania. She was surprised to find how cheap housing there was compared to New York. She was paying nine hundred dollars a month to rent a two bedroom, one bath apartment. In West Chester, she could afford a three bedroom, two bath house for 700. That was also rent to own, meaning in eight to ten years, she could own that home.

She continued looking through some houses on various websites, and came across this beautiful little white home. She looked at the price tag, and her eyes nearly popped out of her head. It was only 60,000 dollars. She couldn't believe it was so cheap. Two bedroom, two bath. It was perfect for her and Ryder. She yelled for her little brother to come to her room.

"What?" He questioned.
"How do you like this little house. I know it isn't a mansion or anything."

Ryder looked down at the screen and smiled. The house was small and white and looked perfect for Zoey.

"I like it."
"I think I'm going to just buy it rather than rent or anything. I can afford it with my half of the money, and still afford to open a salon."
"I'll help you buy it, sis." Ryder offered.
"Nope! You're using yours for college."
"I've already got college paid for." Ryder reminded her.
"Then you're using it once you get out of college; one day I'm kicking your butt out, remember?" Zoey said laughing.

Ryder rolled his eyes and playfully shoved his sister. He was glad she was getting excited about their move to West Chester. Zoey typed an email to the owner, and told them she was very interested in purchasing the house. She ask if she could set up a date to view it. She turned off her computer and went over to her bed and settled under the covers.

Life was defiantly falling into place.