Cyberspace Romance

Open House

Image
Zoey and Ryder stood on the porch of the small house, along with three other couples. She was meeting up with Bam after the open house for lunch at Duffer's, while Ryder went off with Shianne.

"Let's go in." The pixie haired blond real estate woman said opening the door.

Zoey walked in behind the balding man in the suit and smiled when she looked around the living room. The floors were a beautiful glossy wood, while the walls were painted a bright white. In the middle of the room was a beautiful fireplace. Zoey could just imagine curled up on a couch, reading a book in the winter, while the fire kept her warm. She continued to walk through the house, taking in every aspect of it. It was absolutely perfect for her and Ryder. The kitchen was a little different than what she would have liked-- but that could easily be taking care of with a coat of paint and a new kitchen table.

"I don't like it." She heard young woman report to the elderly man. She assumed the girl had caught herself a sugar daddy. He was probably trying to get off easy by buying this small house, instead of a two story or something much larger. The blond wasn't going to have it though, she walked out the front door without even seeing the entire house.

The real estate lady, whose name was Linda opened up the back door, and allowed Zoey and the rest of the small group to walk out and view the back yard. It was empty and plain, but Zoey could see much potential for it. She could easily have a flower garden, or even possibly a pool. She looked over in the corner of the property and saw a large apple tree. Living in New York, she never had the possibility of having an apple tree. Even when she lived with her parents; their yard space was very small.

"We could so build a ramp back here!" Ryder said beaming with joy.
"Or we could have flowers and tree's planted. A nice wooden bench over in the corner, to come and read books." Zoey suggested.
"Who are you? Martha Stewart? A ramp sounds way cooler." Ryder said walking over and looking over the white fence to see who the neighbors were. Zoey rolled her eyes.

About twenty minutes later, Zoey stood in the living room as everyone else was leaving. Ryder had already walked out to the car where he was waiting on her. She wanted to talk to the real estate woman one on one.

"Zoey, right?" Linda questioned.
"Yes." Zoey replied professional.
"Are you interested in the home?"
"Very. . . It's beautiful. I was wondering if anyone else has showed interest?"
"A few, but none serious. ." The woman said.
"Good! I've got to deal with financial things this up coming week. Hopefully no one buys it by next week." Zoey said smiling.

She could have easily used the money her dad had left behind-- but she didn't want to tap into that. It was in the bank, collecting interest. She knew no one at the open house seemed interested enough in buying the house today to actually put forward a bid, so she knew it was safe. The house would be hers in a week.

She walked outside and got inside her car. Zoey started backing out of the drive way when she noticed a short, dark haired girl walk up the steps of the house. She ignored the girl-- figuring that she was some sort of relation to Linda.

Ryder looked at the girl, studied her appearance. He had saw her before, he just couldn't figure out where from. He continued to think about her the whole way to the place where he was meeting Shianne. Just as they pulled into the parking lot, he remembered the name of the girl.

Jessica Rothsetin.

Missy's little sister. She had been in a few episode's of Bam's Unholy Union. He didn't know why she was at the house; possibly to visit the real estate woman? He didn't want to mention this to Zoey, he didn't want her to stress out.

"Is this the place?" Zoey questioned.
"Yup. There's her car. I'll meet you back at Bam's tonight." Ryder said.
"Call me if you need anything." Zoey said watching her brother open the car door and climb out.

Once Ryder was out of sight, and inside the building where Shianne was waiting for him, Zoey pulled back out onto the road and headed towards Duffer's. She couldn't believe that the house was so perfect. It was everything she wanted. She smiled as a happy pop song came on the radio. Normally, she would become annoyed by the music, but today nothing could bring her down.

She pulled into Duffer's and parked her car beside Bam's blue hummer. She got out and adjusted her jacket. She knew Bam would probably tease her about her appearance. She was wearing a pair of black pin stripped pants. A white top, and a black pin strip jacket. Her hair was curled and her make-up looked very professional. She wanted to make a good impression on the real estate lady. She walked though the parking lot, allowing her black heels to click. She hated the feeling of wearing them-- she couldn't wait to change into her converse.

Bam was sitting at a booth talking on his cell phone when she walked in. He grinned widely when he saw her walk over. He ended his phone conversation and stood up, and embraced her in a hug when she got near him.

"What are you wearing?" he said looking her up and down.
"Don't you dare tease me." She said sitting down and slipping her feet out of the heels.
"You look like a teacher or something." He said laughing.
"Just because I'm not in jeans and a t-shirt doesn't mean I look like a teacher." Zoey said.

Bam chuckled, and then the waiter came over and took their orders. He reached across the table and took her hand into his.

"So, how did it go?" He questioned, waiting to hear her gush about the house.
"Oh my God!" She exclaimed, "It was amazing!"

Bam chuckled, as she started talking quickly about the house. Within five minutes she had told him every single detail about it. He hadn't caught most of it, due to how quickly she was talking.

"So, the question is, are you buying it?" Bam questioned.
"Yes! I'm going to get this lawsuit paperwork done, and then I'm buying it." Zoey said.
"Did you tell them to hold it?" Bam ask
"Hold what?" She questioned dumb folded.
"The house! Did you at least tell them you were buying it next week?" Bam ask.
"No, I don't think anyone else is interested in it, Bam. It's small." Zoey said.

He just shook his head-- though she was probably right. People normally didn't want the small houses for some reason. The house that Zoey had looked at had been on the market for nearly two years, and no one had even tried to bring the owner down on the offer. So clearly, it didn't live up to anyone's expectations.

After lunch, Bam and Zoey decided to go and visit his parents. He knew how much Ape liked Zoey, he thought bringing her by for a small visit would be a wonderful surprise for his mother.

"Zoey!" Ape cheered from the porch, where she and Phil had been sitting.

Zoey smiled as she walked through the grassy yard, and up on the porch. Ape engulfed her in a hug. She hugged back and then she and Bam joined them on the porch.

"How was the open house?" Ape questioned.
"It was good. Everything I wanted in a home."

Zoey then explained how perfect the house was to Ape. Bam smiled ear to ear. He couldn't wait for her to live in West Chester-- only seeing her a few times a week at most was getting to him. He wanted to be able to kiss her, hold her, touch her, anytime he wanted.

"So, moving to West Chester soon huh?" Phil ask.
"Hopefully by the end of the month." Zoey said smiling.

If she bought the house next week-- then she hoped to make the move from New York two weeks later. She had hopes of being out of her apartment by the end of the month. If she stayed one day over the first she knew her landlady would make her pay for an entire month's rent.

Zoey couldn't wait to make the move; she just knew it was going to be an exciting experience.