Cyberspace Romance

Annoying Clients

Zoey walked into her brother's pig pen of a room and rolled her eyes when she saw him still sleeping, drooling on his pillow, with only fifteen minutes before he had to be at school.

"Ry, Wake your ass up. You're gonna be late for school." She yelled.

The boy slapped his face and then looked over at his sister.

"I'm not going today." He groaned.
"And why not?"
"I've got the shits, or something. I don't know, I don't care, I'll make something up tomorrow."
"Ry, I thought you was taking off that Friday for your birthday!" Zoey said not wanting her brother's attendance to drop.
"Zoe, chill. That's nearly a month from now, trust me. It's going to be okay, take a chill pill. My grades are fine, my attendance is amazing compared to most seniors. Go to work!" Ryder said.

Zoey sighed, and then walked out of her brother's room. Shutting the white door with the "Skaters Only" sign on it. She walked into her room and then took a seat at her vanity where she prepared her looks for the day. Her job required her look her best at all times. She was a cosmetologist and bullshit was 90% of her job. If she didn't look good, then what would make her clients think they'd leave her looking good? She done her make-up, and combed through her long red locks. She looked at her roots, and knew she would need to dye them soon.

She was dressed and ready to go within an hour. She grabbed a bottle of water from her refrigerator instead of stopping by Star Bucks this morning. She grabbed her purse and then yelled goodbye to her brother. She walked down the street to the salon. She didn't feel the need to drive, since it was only two blocks away. It would take more time for her to get her car out of the apartment parking garage and drive to the salon, than it would to actually walk there. Plus, she always enjoyed the scenery of New York City. It was a fabulous place to live; even though sometimes life here in the city did get hectic.

She walked into the salon and flashed Jessica a bright smile.

"I guess Ryder didn't unplug your clock this morning?" She said with a chuckle, noticing Zoey's hair and make-up was flawless.
"Nope, he decided to be an angel and skip school instead." She said with a laugh.

Zoey walked over to her station, and prepared it much as she did every other day. She did a few cuts and then a color before a style came in. She looked over at the woman and recognized her, but couldn't put her finger on from where.

"Yes, yes. I have an interview with a magazine in two hours. I need to look my very best. Thank you." The woman said with her high pitched voice.

She was skinny enough to be a model, but not nearly good looking enough. Her face reminded Zoey of a horse, and the scarf around her neck made her think she was trying to hide something, possibly the bones sticking out from her small frame, or hickey's placed on her neck. Of course, Jessica told her to go over to Zoey-- who was the quickest stylist in the salon. She took her seat, and Zoey draped her.

"Any idea on what you want?" Zoey ask with a smile.
"Uhm. Hold on Jess." The woman said holding her cell phone down.
"I just need to look amazing! I'm doing an interview today, and I want to make a good impression." She said in her annoying voice once again.

Zoey nodded her head. The woman didn't answer her question. Why would you come to a salon if you had no idea what you wanted? Zoey decided to just curl her hair. She placed the curling iron on her hair, and nearly gagged due to the build up of oil in the woman's hair. Normally, she would kindly ask her client if they wanted their hair washed, but something about this woman just made her mad. She wanted to get her out of the way as soon as possible. She worked through the oily mess of hair, reminding herself to wash her hands with bleach later.

"Yes Jess! I know. . ." She spoke into the phone as Zoey continued to curl her hair.
"Bam won't know what hit him. Oh god, he's going to be so pissed. I can't wait."
"That's what he gets for divorcing me! I'm going to put his dirty laundry out in the open for the world to see."
"Ha! I'll make something up, I don't know. What do you think? Rumors that he slept with Ryan's girl? That would be good!"

Zoey didn't know what to think. She just continued to curl her hair. Once she was done, she teased the crown a bit, and then placed some bobby pins in place which held her style. She sprayed the hair and then took off the woman's drape. The woman looked in the mirror and gave a sour look.

"Oh, I guess it will do. I've had better though." She spat getting up from her chair.

Zoey rolled her eyes and rushed off towards the back. She had to wash her hands. She was scared she caught something from touching that mess of hair. As she was scrubbing her hands she heard the bell ting which meant the woman had left. Jessica came back through the hallway and into the kitchen where they stored color and supplies laughing.

"You have no clue who that was do you?" She questioned Zoey.
"No clue! But I swear Jess-- you give her to me again, and I quit!" Zoey joked.
"She's Bam Margera's ex wife. She's been in here a few times. Normally, when she's visiting the man she had the affair with. David Hill, you know the guy who comes in here and thinks he owns the place, flirts with every girl?" Jessica said.

Zoey thought about the man for a minute, and then she dropped her mouth into an "O" shape. She knew exactly who Jessica was talking about. Just last week he had left her a hundred dollar tip after she gave him a clipper cut.

"I remember him." Zoey said.
"Yeah, well Missy got caught cheating on Bam with him. I can't believe someone's actually going to interview her. She's such a gold digging cunt." Jessica said.
"She got on my nerves." Zoey admitted.

The rest of the day went by slowly. Zoey done a few more cuts, and one more color before the end of the day calm around. She said her goodbyes to Jessica and grabbed her things and headed on her way home. She laughed when she turned the corner to her apartment and saw her brother along with his friend Jacob doing skate tricks on the side walk.

"You know. . . our insurance doesn't cover getting ran over my a taxi while doing a skate trick, Ry!" Zoey joked.
"Hey Zoe. How was work?" Her brother ask doing yet another kick flip.
"Pretty good. I had an annoying client. You'll never guess who." She said sitting down on the steps of her apartment watching her brother and Jacob do more tricks.
"Who?" He questioned.
"Take a guess! You just said how much you hated her yesterday?"
"Britney Spears?" Ryder ask confused.
"No." "Katie?" Jacob ask with a laugh.
"No!" Zoey said with a giggle.
"Missy?" Ryder said remembering all he done yesterday was watch DVDs with his sister.
"Yeah." Zoey replied.
"Shut up! Did you fuck her hair up? Tell me you did sis." He begged.
"No! I didn't even know who she was until after she was gone."
"Damnit, I'm disappointed."
"She's doing an interview. That's why she got her hair done. I guess she plans on bashing her ex husband, she was on the phone the entire time I curled her hair." Zoey said.
"That bitch is probably going to try to make Bam out to be the bad guy, when in reality she's just a whore." Ryder said walking over and taking a seat on the steps beside his sister.

Jacob said his goodbyes to the two and decided to walk home before his mom realized he was late. Zoey leaned back on the steps and watched as the cars passed by.

"Whose Brandon?" Ryder ask out of nowhere.
"Huh" Zoey ask confused.
"I kind of signed on your laptop today because I couldn't access the net, mine was updating. . . and it automatically signed me into Yahoo, and some Brandon guy messaged you, well me. I told him I was your brother and you was working." Ryder said.
"Oh, he's just a guy I started talking to a couple nights ago. He's from Pennsylvania." Zoey said.
"No shit, that's pretty cool. You gonna meet up with him when we go there for my birthday?" Ryder ask.
"Uhm, probably not." Zoey said, not sure if she wanted to meet some stranger from the Internet.

Hours later, Zoey turned on her computer. She smiled when she saw Brandon's message pop up as soon as she signed on the messenger.

"Hey woman. How was work?" He ask.
With a smile she replied. "Funny, actually. I done a semi-celebrities hair."
"Really? Who?"
"Some Missy girl. She's the ex wife of that Bam guy from where you live."

Bam's heart dropped to the pits of his stomach. She had done Missy's hair today? What were the odds of that? He pounded his head against the computer desk. Not knowing what to say. Missy probably shit talked him the entire time Zoey done her hair.

"Brandon?" She typed after minutes of no reply.
"Wow. . . I've heard of her." He typed. "heard she was a liar."
"Yeah, Ryder's pissed cause I didn't trash her hair. I didn't know who she was until after I done her hair. My friend Jessica came laughing, and told me. Her hair was so filthy and oily. I was just excited to get rid of her so I could wash my hands."

Bam laughed. Maybe her doing Missy's hair wouldn't be too bad after all.

"I wonder why she was there." He typed.
"Something about an interview. She was on the phone during the entire time I curled her hair, with some Jess girl. Saying the Bam guy won't know what hit him-- I think she plans on making up shit about him. Poor guy." Zoey typed.

Bam smiled when he read her response. So Missy didn't feel her head with negative thoughts about him, that was probably the only plus side of her walking into the salon at that point. Now he would need to do damage control with whatever Missy went to the media about.

Like the nights before, Bam and Zoey spent a few hours chatting. He was amazed by how much she entertained him. He never pictured he could sit in a chair longer than ten minutes and stare at a screen with merely text on it, but with her it was simple. When it was nearly eleven at night, he said his goodbyes to her once again knowing she had to get some sleep for her day tomorrow. He needed to sleep too. He had a book signing with Novak at fairmans at noon.