Cyberspace Romance

Plain Jane

Image
Zoey laughed as Bam held onto her hips tight and tried to show her how to balance on a skateboard once again. It seemed as if she had forgot everything that he taught her from one of their first days together.

"I really can't do this! I'm a hair dresser, not a skate boarder!" Zoey yelled between her laughs.
"Come on, land at least one skate trick!" He pleaded.

She attempted to do several different tricks, begging him to stop in between. She finally started getting a hold of balancing, and then managed to land an Ollie after two hours of playing around on the skate board. She knew she'd have a few bruises, but that didn't matter. She had actually had the time of her life. Bam smiled as he watched her walk off the ramp. Gulping down the contents of the water bottle she looked back up at Bam and smirked.

"Why don't you show me what you got?" She said with a cocky smile.

Bam chuckled, and then jumped down on his board. She took a seat on the grass and watched him skate. It still mesmerized her how he went around the ramps so quickly. Up and down, doing tricks, grinding. Her phone started ringing from her pocket. She reached down in it and pulled her cell phone out. She saw her brother's name and number blinking.

"Hey Ry." She said flipping the phone open.
"Hey sis! I just found a building you might wanna check out for a salon." Ryder said.
"Really? Where?" Zoey stood up off the ground, and dusted her jeans off as Ryder described the location to her. It was right outside town. and it was going to be available on the first of the month. Bam noticed she was distracted by a phone call, and got off the ramp and walked over to her. He listened as she talked to the person on the phone.

Zoey closed the phone and a grin appeared on her lips.

"What is it?" Bam questioned.
"Ry found a building that's going to be open for rent, and possibly to own at the first of the month." Zoey said.
"Awesome. Let's go check it out." Bam said taking her by the hand.

She nodded her head. She couldn't wait to get a salon up and running. She never thought she would miss working as much as she did. Doing hair was a stress reliever for her-- she loved her job, and being away from it; even for a short period of time was taking a toll on her.

She and Bam arrived at the location Ryder described about twenty minutes later. Bam laughed while he parked the hummer. Zoey scrunched her eyebrows up in confusion.

"What?" She questioned.
"That's Hanna's mom's flower shop-- I forgot about her closing this month!" Bam said.

Zoey didn't know why that was funny, but decided not to ask. She opened the hummer door, and walked inside the building with Bam. She looked around, and noticed that if she did buy it, or even rent it-- it was going to take a lot of work. It was so plain. Bam smiled at the woman behind the small counter.

"Jane!" Bam said.
"Bam! What are you doing here?" The woman questioned.
"My girlfriend is actually looking for a place to open a salon soon. Her brother called, describing this place. I completely forgot you're retiring after this month." Bam said.
"Yeah-- I just wanna spend some time with my grand kids." The woman said.
"Hanna has kids?" Zoey questioned out loud.

She couldn't picture the guy with the Mohawk laying around in the floor playing with toddlers.

"Oh no. My other two children. Amanda, and Jordan have two children each." The woman said, pointing to pictures that were hanging on the wall. Zoey nodded her head and studied the beautiful children in the pictures.
"So, what are you wanting to do-- rent it out, or sale it?" Bam questioned.
"Either really. It's 400 a month to rent, or I'm selling for 20,000." Jane said.

Zoey looked around the building. There was three rooms. The front was very spacious, and could easily be turned into a salon, with a lot of work. The parking in front of the salon was decent; about fifteen cars could be parked their easily.

"That's with the parking land as well, correct?" Zoey questioned.
"Yes. That's all of it."

Zoey knew twenty thousand wasn't a bad price, even though it would take thousands more to get the salon part of it up and running. But she wasn't worried about the price; a salon would pay for itself over time, so that money would return to her quickly. She just wondered if this plain building was big enough for what she wanted. She looked against the wall, and could picture stations. She could see eight stations in the room-- which was pretty big.

"Excuse me." Jane said hearing the phone ring.

Bam walked over to Zoey and noticed she was starring at the decor.

"What do you think?" Bam questioned.
"It's big enough-- but it's going to take a lot of work." Zoey said. "Is the location good?" She ask
"It's right outside the busy part of town; so yeah. We're only three minutes away from The Note." He said.

Zoey turned around once again and studied the building. It was probably her best bet-- a good location, and a decent price. Not to mention, she would own it, and not just be renting it month to month. She sighed, as she ran her fingers through her hair. The first step in getting back to work was finding a location. She nodded her head towards Bam.

"I think it'll work out just fine." She said.
"You sure you don't wanna look for anything better?" He questioned.
"No-- I think this is perfect. . . I wanna do a lot of work to it, so maybe it being plain will be a good thing." Zoey said giggling.

She then waited for Jane to get off the phone so she could talk some details over with her. The woman ended her phone conversation and Zoey questioned her about the building. Jane gave her a tour, and Zoey was glad to see it contained three rooms in the back. One could be transferred into a kitchen/storage area. One could be a break room, and another could be a office or place for a sectary to work.

"I think I'd like to buy it then." Zoey said.
"Really?" The woman questioned "That's great."

Zoey and the woman worked out the details-- Zoey would be purchasing the building at the end of the month. The woman had plans of having a clearance sale on her flowers until then, hoping to get rid of as much as she could.

Zoey and Bam walked out of the building, and she smiled.

"Why are you so smiley?" He questioned.
"I'm just happy." She said.

She was glad she finally had herself a building to transform into a Salon. She could now start picking out colors, and ordering stuff online. She also needed to get her license transferred over from New York. She had a lot of work ahead of her over the next couple of months-- but she was looking forward to it.