Cyberspace Romance

Confrontation

Image

Zoey laughed along with Ape as the two of them walked through the garden aisle. Zoey had bought a swing for her front yard, and wanted some flowers to make the landscape look good. Ape volunteered to help her-- since she had a green thumb. Zoey reached down and picked up two pairs of brown gloves and placed them in the buggy.

"These flowers are pretty." Ape said pointing to some white flowers which Zoey had never saw before. Zoey nodded her head and picked them up and placed them in her buggy.
"Oh no." Ape mumbled.

Zoey scrunched her eyebrows up and then looked to where Ape's eyes were glued. There standing were three women; one familiar, one vaguely familiar, and one who she had never saw before. The familiar one was Missy; the vaguely familiar one was the girl she had saw on the porch of the little white house; and the other was an older blond woman.

"Should we turn around?" Ape questioned, not wanting to put Zoey into a situation she didn't want to be placed in.
"No." Zoey said. She was done with being nice-- Missy was the one who wanted the war.

She and Ape walked further down the aisle, picking up things they would need for the small garden and placed it in the buggy. Zoey could tell Ape felt uncomfortable with the two of them being so close.

Missy let a awful cackle out.

"Oh! Jess! Look who it is." She said sarcastically to the dark headed girl by her side.
"Oh! Is that the girl who jacked your hair up?" The small girl said.
"Yeah!" Missy said, and then began walking towards Zoey.

She tossed her ratty scarf over her shoulder and smirked when she got close to Zoey. Zoey placed her flower into her buggy and then looked at Missy dead in the eyes.

"What are you doing here? Buying dirt? Can't you scrub that off your face?" Missy hissed.
"I'd rather scrub it off yours." Zoey said bitterly.
"Heard you were interested in a house here in West Chester-- looks like someone beat you to the punch." Missy said laughing.
"Actually-- I own a house here in West Chester already. Let me guess-- you're talking about that small white shack that I looked at to pass time?" Zoey spat. She loved the little white house-- but she wasn't about to let Missy know that.

Missy's face with wide with shock when she found out Zoey owned a house. She had went into debt by buying the small white house to keep it out of Zoey's hands. She turned around and looked at her mother for help. The blond woman stepped forward.

"God, April! Your son's taste has went downhill since he and Melissa split." Marian-- Missy's mother said.

Ape could tolerate Missy and Zoey having words, but she could not tolerate Missy's mother stepping in and tossing her two cents in; especially when Bam was involved.

"I actually think his taste has improved." Ape hissed.

Missy's face turned to shock once again. A smile was upon Zoey's lips. She didn't want Ape to get involved in this cat fight between her and Missy-- but it did feel good to know Ape was on her side.

"Now, if you'll excuse us, Marian." Ape spat, "We have some things to buy for Zoey's house."

With that Ape pushed the buggy down the aisle. Zoey placed her hand on her hip and smirked at Missy. She wasn't about to walk away if Missy intended on saying anything else. She wouldn't want to have a bad reputation in a new town by being arrested for fighting in the garden aisle of a store; but if that's what it took for Missy to understand that she wasn't one to mess with, then so be it.

"I hope you're happy with a dead beat like him." Missy said.
"I'm very happy with him I have you know-- and he's not even close to being a dead beat." Zoey said, holding her ground.
"You're ignorant for moving here-- he's going to cheat on you just like he has everyone else." Missy said.
"What's it any of your business if he does? Why do you care? It's pathetic that you care what goes on in his life after the divorce has been finalized, it's like you're stalking him."
"I'm not stalking him-- you stalk me." Missy said.
"I stalk you? Sweet heart, I've got better things to do than follow around a greasy haired, money hungry tramp." Zoey said pushing past her. "If you'd like for things to get physical, then I'll meet you in the parking lot-- if not, just go on your merry little way." Zoey said.

Missy looked over at her sister and shuddered. She had always thought that Zoey wouldn't be the type to stand up for herself. She hadn't saw this side of her-- she was horrified by just looking at the rage in Zoey's eyes. Clearly she had pushed the auburn beauty to her limits.

"I guess you won't be visiting the hospital today then." Zoey said with a grin, once she noticed Missy wasn't going to take her up on her invitation. She walked off to go find Ape-- who was probably phoning Bam to let him know there could possibly be a cat fight in the middle of a store.

"What happened?" Ape questioned.
"We had words-- I told her to meet me in the parking lot if she wanted it settled physically." Zoey said.
"And?" Ape ask.
"She didn't say a word, or even move." Zoey said with a light laugh, piling all of her garden supplies up on the counter.

Missy didn't even glare at her as she checked out on the register beside her. Zoey figured she'd probably run to some magazine and tell them that Zoey threatened her and such, but honestly she could care less. America had probably already based their opinion on her through Missy's previous interview and her Radio Bam episode. She though, could care less about what people thought about her; as long as she stayed true to herself that's all that mattered.

Zoey and Ape arrived at her house nearly thirty minutes later. She laughed seeing Bam's hummer parked there once again-- it seemed like he stayed over her house more than he stayed at his own. He and Ryder were sitting on the porch.

"You guys could help!" Zoey yelled from the yard. Bam and Ryder didn't move an inch though. She laughed, and rolled her eyes as she and Ape packed the potting soil, and everything else inside the shed. They planned on planting the flowers on the next pretty day-- they had just wanted to go and get them today.

"Okay hun. I'm going to go home and make Phil dinner-- I'll talk to you soon." Ape said hugging Zoey good bye. She waved bye to Bam and then got inside her PT cruiser and drove off. Zoey walked up on her porch and starred down at Bam, who was still sitting in the chair, sipping away on a beer.

"You jackass. You could've came and helped me unload the car." She said, taking a seat on his lap.
"I was sipping on my beer." Bam said.
"Is that your excuse?" Zoey said, laughing.
"Yup." He declared.

Zoey giggled and wrapped her arms around his neck. She figured he would get a laugh out of her running into Missy so she decided to go ahead and tell him about her event.

"Guess who I ran into today while picking out flowers?" She said.
"I dunno-- Ryan Dunn? He sounds queer enough to be in the garden center." Bam said, with a light chuckle.
"Ha-- No, Missy!" Zoey said.

Bam's face immediately dropped. Was Missy ever going to let him and Zoey have a normal relationship? He couldn't believe she was still trying to impact his life.

"What happened?" He ask, taking on a serious tone.
"We had a couple words-- and I told her if she wanted to take it to a physical level then she could meet me in the parking lot." Zoey explained
"And. . ." Bam said
"And she didn't meet me." Zoey said.

Bam laughed. He knew Missy wouldn't dare fight with Zoey. It wouldn't be a fight, it'd be a slaughter. He never wanted it to turn physical between the two of them; but if a threat from Zoey would keep Missy away-- then he's glad that it happened.

"I really hope she just leaves us alone." Bam mumbled.
"Who cares about her?" Zoey said, leaning in and pressing a soft kiss on his lips.

It was going to take a lot more than an angry ex girlfriend to make Zoey and Bam have problems, though the drama was getting old. Zoey wanted to move forward with Bam-- without having to worry about Missy trying to come in between them.