Cyberspace Romance

Alcohol

Image
Zoey crossed her leg as she watched Bam and Novak drown themselves in liquor once again. She and Angie were sitting at the bar, while the guys were a couple booths down. She had never been around Bam when he was drunk; so this was going to be a new side of him. As of right now-- he was fun loving, and loud. She could deal with a loud and lovable drunk, but she wouldn't tolerate angry drunks.

"Oh God, now Ryan's starting." Angie, Ryan's girlfriend said watching him follow the lead of Bam and Novak.
"Is it bad when they drink this much?" Zoey ask.
"Only sometimes-- sometimes they all laugh, and then fall down on top of each other, which is hilarious, but other times, they tend to take things too far." Angie explained.

Zoey groaned, and took a sip of her fruity drink. She was fine as long as Bam stayed playful like he was now-- if things started getting aggressive then she would remove herself from the situation. She watched as Bam ordered another round of drinks. She didn't think it was humanly possible to drink that much alcohol.

"Hey pretty thing." A voice came from behind Zoey. She turned around and saw a blond haired man taking a seat beside her. She ignored him; thinking he was talking to someone else. "Shy, I guess?" He ask, placing his elbows on the counter of the bar.
"No." Zoey said, hoping he would take notice that she wasn't interested.

He laughed, and then ordered his drink. She could feel his eyes on her the entire time he gulped down his beverage, it made her feel very uncomfortable.

"You and I should visit next door." He said winking.

Zoey hadn't lived in West Chester long enough to know what was located next door to Filthy Note, so she just ignored his advances towards her. She looked over at Bam, hoping he would notice her discomfort, but he was too busy laughing at Novak who was puking in a bucket. She then felt a hand on her shoulder.

"Come on, I promise it'll be a good time." The blond man said.

Zoey reached up and peeled his hand off her shoulder, and then got up from her stool and walked over to where Bam and Novak were sitting. Bam looked up at her, his eyes swimming around in his head.

"Wh-what's wrong?" He slurred to her.

She didn't know if she should tell him about the guy hitting on her or not. She didn't know how he would react with the liquor in his system.

"I wanna go home." She said.
"H-home?" Bam questioned, and waved his hands in the air. "We just got heere." He slurred out.
"Please." She begged to him, knowing in his drunken state, he wouldn't understand how uncomfortable she felt.
"N-noo, a bit longer." He said taking down another shot.

Zoey groaned. She had rode with Bam to the bar, which meant she had left her car at his house. The blond guy started walking towards her again. She cursed softly, hoping no one noticed her discomfort.

"So, are we heading out or not?" He ask.

Bam looked up at the blond man, and then over to Zoey's face. Even in his drunken state, he could now see how uncomfortable she was. He instantly got mad-- and it was almost as if he sobered up. He stood up and walked in front of Zoey.

"What'd you just ask her?" Bam ask, his hand on the table for support. Even though, his mind was straightening out; his body was still feeling drunk and off balance.
"I'm trying to take her next door. She's a hottie, man." The blond said, not yet catching on that Bam was mad that he was making moves towards Zoey.

Jared, who was only tipsy by this time stood up and got between the two of them, before it got physical.

"I think you should just go away." Jared said.
"Come on, man. I'm just trying to tap that." The blond urged.

Bam's eyes were growing with rage, and his hands were clutched into fist.

"Get out." Bam said.
"You can't tell me to get out." The blond said, clearly not knowing who Bam was-- or knowing that Bam owned the bar.
"GET OUT OF MY BAR." Bam yelled.

Zoey stood there, embarrassed and scared. Everyone's eyes were on them. She was standing behind Bam, while he and the blond stood directly in front of each other. Jared's strong arm was in between them, stopping any punches that one might throw. The blond was about to say something, but then closed his mouth and turned around. He stormed out of the bar angerily.

Bam turned around and looked at Zoey-- the incident had really sobered him up and he could now think more clearly.

"Let's go, Zoe." He said.

She nodded her head quietly, not knowing what he was thinking. Was he mad at her for ruining his night? Was he mad at her for killing his buzz? She watched as he grabbed his keys off the table, and then the two of them walked out to the hummer in silence. He tossed her the keys, and she climbed inside the driver's side slowly.

Bam didn't say a word the entire way back to his house; which led her to believe that something was actually wrong. He kept his attention on the window, focusing on the trees flying by. She pulled into his drive way and turned off the hummer. She watched as her furiously walked inside the house; she now knew he was mad.

She followed in behind him slowly; wondering if tonight would be their first fight. She followed him up the stairs and listened outside his bed room door as something broke. She then heard a string of cuss words float out of his mouth. She bit down on her bottom lip, as she pushed open the bed room door, ready to confront this fight head on. It was better to get it over tonight, rather than go to sleep thinking about it, and dragging the delimma over til tomorrow.

"I know you're mad at me right now. . ." Zoey started. Bam spun around quickly, and looked at her with disbelief.

She thought he was mad at her? He was mad at himself for not noticing a douche bag was putting the moves on his girlfriend. He shook his head as he walked towards her. Taking her hands in his and laughing lightly.

"You think I'm mad at you?" He questioned.

She scrunched her brows up, wasn't that apparent?

"Mhm." She said quietly.

He placed his hands on both sides of her face and moved her head slightly-- she was now looking into his eyes.

"Zoey-- I'm not mad at you. I'm mad at myself for not even noticing it." He explained.

She nodded slowly, letting him talk. She was relieved to know he wasn't mad at her.

"Don't ever think I'm mad at you, okay? I love you." Bam said leaning down and placing a soft kiss on her lips. She nodded her head once again. "I love you too." She said quietly.

"Stay the night." Bam pleaded.
"Okay. I'll call Ry and let him know I'm not coming home." Zoey said.

Bam nodded and then walked into his bathroom. He needed to get the taste of liquor out of his mouth. Zoey phoned Ryder and let him know she was staying at Bam's, and waited for Bam to walk out of the bathroom. He walked out, toothbrush still in his mouth. Foam from the tooth paste was coming out of the corners of his mouth, but he still looked amazing to her. He reached in his drawer and pulled out a long element t-shirt and tossed it her way. She smiled, and then watched as he returned back to his bath room to wash his mouth out. She tore her t-shirt off her body, and then placed the element one on. Unbuttoned and unzipped her jeans. She looked in the full length mirror on his door. She liked wearing one of his shirts; for some reason it made her feel special.

Bam walked out, and saw Zoey standing there in just his t-shirt. He had every intention of finding her a pair of sweats or pajama pants to sleep in. But that element shirt wasn't getting any company. He liked the way her long legs looked without pants on. He walked over and wrapped his arms around her and pulled her back into him.

"You ready for bed?" He questioned, his breath now minty fresh.
"Yeah." She replied quietly.

The two of them crawled into the bed. Bam wrapped Zoey up in his arms, and she placed her head on his chest and closed her eyes. She always slept better when Bam was present. She knew tonight would be a good night for sleep.