Cyberspace Romance

Tangles

Image
Zoey bit down on her bottom lip as she studied the different shades of red that were on the color swatch. She and Seth were getting all the paint for the salon today. She was painting the top half of the walls a solid white-- while the bottom was red, and the middle would have a black border. She just didn't know what red she wanted. She was stuck between a dull dark red, and a bright fire engine red.

"I think the dull one will work better." Seth said "The bright one may hurt the customer's eyes." He said laughing.
"Yeah, you're probably right." Zoey said laughing.

In two weeks they would start the remodeling on the shop. She was going to go meet up with Jane this Monday to fill out all the paper work. She couldn't wait to get started on everything. The color she ordered would be delivered in a couple weeks; and the things she ordered from online had already started being delivered.

"So, what are you going to do about workers?" Seth ask.
"I figured I could put out some flyers and such-- I guess I should really be doing that soon huh." Zoey said.
Seth laughed "Yeah, cause I think we'll have the salon opened pretty soon. We work quick." He said.

She smiled, and nodded her head. She would go home this afternoon and sit down on the computer and put together a flyer/help wanted sign. She figured she could start off with about four other cosmetologist, and one sectary/office manager could do the job. She didn't know how popular the salon would be, or how busy. So five cosmetologist sounded like a good number to start with.

She and Seth loaded all the painting supplies into his truck and then they said their goodbyes to each other. Seth didn't want to be payed for his help with the remodeling, but Zoey insisted that she pay him. He was going to keep the supplies in storage at Bam's until they started the remodeling. Bam was shooting a music video for Viking Skull today, so Zoey had the entire day to herself. She started on her way home, floating around different idea's for the help wanted sign, and also different ideas for a name for the salon.

She walked into her house, and tossed her keys and purse down on the couch. Ryder and Shianne were sitting in the living room watching television. The two of them were attached at the hip; she never saw Ryder anymore unless Shianne was with him.

"What are you two kids doing?" Zoey questioned.
"Waking this weird show." Shianne said looking at the television.

Zoey looked up at the screen and saw the two Finnish guys from "Where The #$&% is Santa."(The Dudesons) She giggled at Shianne's response to them; it was much like her own when she watched them on the movie.

"Get your paint?" Ryder questioned.
"Yeah-- Seth helped. I'm gonna go make some help wanted flyers." She said.
"What are you naming the salon?" Shianne ask.
"I'm not actually sure." Zoey said with a light laugh. "Any ideas?" She questioned the young girl.
"I dunno. . . possibly something catchy though. Sheer Elegance?" Shianne suggested.
"That's cute. . . but over used, I've seen several salons in New York named that." Zoey said with a light sigh.

She walked into her bed room and grabbed her lap top. She went over to her bed and laid down on it, as she opened a paint program and started putting together a flyer. She couldn't come up with a flyer unless she had a name for the salon. She started jotting down random names for a salon.

Curl up and Dye - No, too scary.
Shear Genius - No- Name of a television show.
Hairway to Heaven - No, it was just queer.

Zoey ran her fingers though her hair, clearing out the tangles as she went. She then smiled.

Tangles

It was cute, short, easy to remember, and she hadn't saw any other salon's around named that. She smiled, as she typed the word onto the keyboard, and picked a nice font for the flyer. Once the flyer looked good, she printed off about 25 copies and then took them into the living room and showed one to Ryder and Shianne.

"Tangles. . ." Shainne said with a smile "I like it."
"Me too, Zoe." Ryder said.
"Yeah. . . Now I've just got to go and place them around town." Zoey said.
"We could help." Shianne said, volunteering her and Ryder for the job.

Zoey nodded her head, and soon the three of them were on their way into town. They were going to put one at Bam's bar, one at duffer's, one at fairman's, one at Kooma, and a few were just scattered around on poles and other places in the town. After nearly two hours, they had placed the twenty five pieces of paper all around town. Zoey then decided to take Ryder and Shianne out for pizza to celebrate.

"I bet you're so excited to work again." Ryder said.
"You couldn't even imagine how much I miss it." Zoey said laughing, as she took a bit of her cheesy pizza.

Zoey was enjoying the time she got to spend with Shianne and Ryder. She could picture Shianne and Ryder going very far in their relationship, they clicked almost instantly.

"So, what are you two doing today?" Zoey ask.
"We're going skating this afternoon." Ryder ask.

Zoey had forgot about Shianne knowing how to skate. The girl was so beautiful, Zoey forgot that she liked to get dirty and enjoyed sports.

"What are you going to do, Zoe?" Ryder ask.
"I'm suppose to go meet Bam in an hour or so. I think we may be going out to dinner." Zoey said.

Zoey dropped Ryder and Shianne back off at her house, and then headed off towards the warehouse where she was suppose to meet Bam. She pulled into the parking lot, and saw Bam's hummer and Joe's truck. She parked beside Bam, and then stepped out and started walking towards the building. There were several guys outside smoking. She noticed one as Bam's friend Ryan Gee. She gave him a weak smile.

"Bam's inside talking to Frantz and a few others, go on in." Gee said.

Zoey nodded her head and walked through the door. She saw Bam talking to a group of guys. She walked behind him, and placed her hands over his eyes. He chuckled.

"I really hope that's my hot ass girlfriend and not some queer." Bam said.

Zoey moved her hands away, and smiled when he turned around. He bent down and placed his lips on hers. He backed away from her and then looked around to the set-- most of the extras had already left since they were down with filming nearly an hour ago.

"We're done filming, you wanna go out to dinner?" He questioned.
"Sure. Are you sure you're finished?" She ask, not wanting to interrupt his day if he wasn't.
"I'm positive, Zoe." He said smiling.

He said his goodbyes to his friends, and then took her hand in his and they made an exit out of the warehouse. They decided to leave Zoey's car parked, and take Bam's hummer to the diner where they were going to eat dinner.

"So, did you get all the paint you needed?" He questioned.
"Yeah. and I decided on a name, made flyers, and placed them around town."
"Woah, you've been busy." He said laughing. "What name did you decide on?"
"Tangles." She said
"Tangles? How in the world did you come up with that, Zoe? I like it."
"I was debating on names, and then I ran my hand through my hair-- and I had tangles." She said laughing.

Bam laughed. Zoey's name for a Salon was cute. He couldn't wait to help her remodel the building into a salon-- remodeling just meant more time for the two of them to be together.