Cyberspace Romance

Girls

Image
Zoey smiled over at Bam who was pretending to be interested in what Glomb had to say, in reality he wasn't listening to anything his friend was saying. He was too busy starring at his girlfriend, who decided to come to the shop in a pair of jean shorts and a tank top. It showed off her gorgeous legs, and fit her bottom perfectly.

"Do you think that'll work?" Glomb ask.
"What?" Bam ask, coming out of his day dream.
"The tile? You think that color will work?" Glomb ask again.
"Sure, sure." Bam said, shaking all of the thoughts of his girlfriend out of his head. If he wanted to get any work done then he would need to keep Zoey's body out of his thoughts.

Zoey smirked as she went back to placing the products on the shelf that Seth had built yesterday. She had got everything shipped in, and they were way ahead of time on the remodeling. Bam said they could possibly open in the next two weeks. Zoey was more than excited; even though as of right now the only employee she had was Eva. She had a couple interviews set up for two, and three today. She hoped that the girls who came were easy to get along with and good at what they done.

Glomb had the floor done by one, he worked very quickly and it looked very good in the end. It helped that Zoey, Bam, and Dico had ripped up the carpet yesterday. Zoey looked around and could see it coming together. The walls were painted, the floor was amazing. All she really had to do now was bring everything in and put it where she wanted it to go.

"What time are the girls coming by?" Glomb ask.
"In an hour or so."
"You want us to leave?" Bam questioned.
"You guys should go grab some grub-- the interview process is going to be boring." Zoey said.

Bam nodded his head and walked over to where she was standing. He placed a kiss on her forehead, and promised to be back around five to pick her up. Zoey waved goodbye to the two of them and then turned around and finished organizing her retail products. She got the entire showcase completed by the time one of the first girls walked in. She turned around and smiled at the girl. She was wearing a pair of jeans, and a button up shirt. Her black hair was pulled up in a pony tail, and two curls fell down beside her face. She had a pair of black glasses on.

"Hi. . . I'm Kay-- here for the sectary job." The young woman spoke. Zoey nodded her head and told her to ignore the mess and directed her over to the chair.
"So, do you have experience with managing?" Zoey ask.
"Right now I work at the book store-- I've been manager there for over two years." Kay said.

Zoey nodded her head and ask her a few more questions. Kay seemed like a very dependable and hard working girl. She was also very sweet, and funny. Zoey felt her and Kay clicking.

"You're hired. I'm not sure exactly what day we'll open-- but it could be in a couple weeks. Will you be prepared then?" She questioned her.
"Yes-- I'll put my two weeks notice in tomorrow." The girl said.

Zoey smiled and then they exchanged numbers.

A few minutes after Kay left two women walked in at almost the same time. Zoey introduced herself, and met the other two girls, Jenna, and Phelicia. Both were cosmetologist, and very friendly. She questioned them, much like she had Eva. She found out that Phelicia had been in the busy for five years-- while Jenna had only been in for a year. Each of them brought in pictures of their past work. Phelicia done very traditional and normal hair cuts, and colors, while Jenna went a little crazy. Zoey wanted a wide variety of customers, so she knew she needed to be prepared for anything. She decided to hire both women on the spot. She let them know that it could be a few weeks before the opening, and they seemed fine with that. Phelicia was the first to leave, Jenna stayed around a few minutes to chad.

"The shop is coming together nicely." Jenna said.
"Yeah-- It's been a lot of work though." Zoey replied.

Jenna nodded her head, and was going to compliment Zoey on how nice the 'Tangles' painting was behind the counter when the door opened again. In walked a bleach blond woman, who was as thin as a rake. The girl flashed them each a fake smile.

"Uh. . . I was looking for the owner?" She said, her voice snooty.
"I'm the owner." Zoey said stepping forward.
"I'm Amanda. A talented cosmetologist, and I was possibly interested in the job."

Jenna's eyes went wide, and she couldn't hold back the chuckle once Amanda said that.

"I'll phone you, Zoey." Jenna said making an exit, before she said something that would tick off her new boss. She didn't want Zoey to get the wrong impression of her.

Zoey sighed, and began the interview with Amanda. She couldn't see herself clicking with her as much. She clicked with Eva--Kay--Jenna, and even Phelicia. But she just couldn't see herself clicking with Amanda. Something just didn't seem right to her. But Zoey decided to give her a chance anyways. She needed another cosmetologist and since Amanda was willing to work, then she wouldn't turn her around.

Zoey tried to rush Amanda out of the shop, but she just didn't seem to get the point. All she wanted to do was talk about herself. Minutes, turned into hours. Zoey glanced up at the clock on the wall and noticed it was almost five. Bam would be here any minute-- and she hadn't even ended the interview.

"I'll give you a call." Zoey said.
"o-okay." Amanda said and picked up her purse from the floor. She flipped her blond hair over her shoulder and walked towards the door. Before she had a chance to open it, Bam came barging in; not realizing someone else was in the shop with Zoe.

"Wow, you're Bam Margera." Amanda said looking him up and down.
"Y-yeah." He said, confused as to why she was looking at him like that.

Amanda smiled, and then walked out of the shop. Zoey laughed and smiled when Bam came over and wrapped his arms around her in a hug. She had missed him, even though she had only saw him a few hours ago. He backed away from the hug and kissed her softly on the lips.

"Please. . . don't tell me you hired that air head?" Bam ask.
"I did-- and two other hair dressers, and a sectary." Zoey said.

She then began to explain the girls to Bam. He seemed to like all of their descriptions fairly well. He just thought Amanda was trouble though. The way she looked at him told him to stay away. Once she was finished talking about the girls, they decided to lock up the shop and head out for the night. They could come back tomorrow and continue the remodeling.

Zoey walked into her house and laid her keys down on the counter. She grabbed an apple from the counter and turned around to face Bam. She leaned up and placed a soft kiss on his lips and then took a bite of her apple. Then she heard something. It was a faint noise, and she could hardly notice what it was.

"What is that?" She questioned.
"I don't know. . Did you leave the television on?" Bam ask.
"No." She said taking off through the house. The noise started becoming louder as she walked down the hallway towards the bedrooms. She gasped, and placed her hand over her mouth when she stood outside Ryder's bedroom. She knew what the sounds were. She then walked back down the hallway and into the kitchen where she left Bam standing.
"Ryder is having sex!" Zoey said, her mouth still over her hand. Bam chuckled at her response.
"He's an eighteen year old, what do you expect him and his girlfriend to do? Play chess?" Bam ask.

Zoey shot him a glare, and then shook her head.

"Can we go to your house. . . this is just. . . weird." She said.
"We had sex the other night, and Ryder could have came home and heard us. . . well you." Bam said smirking.
"Listen here! I'm twenty four years old! He's. . . he's. . . It's just not right, okay?" Zoey said pushing Bam out the front door.
"Are you getting something to sleep in?" He questioned as they headed for the hummer.
"No." She mumbled, not wanting to go in there. She and Ryder were close-- and she didn't want there to be any awkward moments when he walked out of the bedroom and noticed his sister had been home, and possibly heard him and Shianne.
"Oh, right. You won't need clothes for what I plan on doing." Bam said smirking.
"Bam!" She said playfully shoving him as they walked over to the hummer.