Cyberspace Romance

Day Off

Image
Zoey laughed as she and Ape leaned against Bam's kitchen counter and tried to understand the words coming from his uncle, Don Vito's mouth. Zoey couldn't make out one word he was saying. She rolled her eyes as Phil ask him questions, which would only make the conversation that much longer. Ape shook her head and motioned for Zoey to follow her, the two of them walked up to the deck and went out. Zoey inhaled some of the fresh air and smiled as she took a seat.

"So, how was the first week at the salon?" Ape questioned.

Today was Sunday, and also Zoey's first day off work. The Salon was going to be closed on Sundays, and then other days there would be scheduled days off for each girl. She hadn't taken any days off this week since she wanted to make sure things ran smoothly.

"Things went really well; the word spread quickly about it. I'll probably have to hire some more girls in a couple months." Zoey said.
"That's great sweetie!" Ape said.

Zoey smiled and then looked over to the large wooden ramp where she saw Bam and Novak skating. She smiled as she watched Bam-- he always amazed her when he skated.

"Was he always so good at it?" She questioned Ape.
"No! He fell a lot in the beginning, but he just sort of got the hang of it. . . A lot of things come natural to Bam." Ape said looking over at her son.
"Yeah-- He's accomplished so much." Zoey said.

Bam had accomplished more in his twenty nine years than most people accomplished in their entire life. Zoey continued to watch him for a few minutes. He caught her watching him and then waved a bit. She saw his lips moving-- indicating that he was talking to Novak. She watched as he talked for about two minutes, and then started walking towards the house. Half way through the yard, she watched as he peeled the sweaty t-shirt over his head. She bit down on her bottom lip, he knew how crazy his body drove her. This was pure torture, especially standing next to his mom.

Before she could even make her thoughts pure again Bam walked through the glass doors and out onto the balcony.

"Ape! What the fuck-- Vito just broke one of your China plates you left here." Bam said.

Ape tossed her hands up in the air and then frantically ran off the deck.

"Oh God. That's awful." Zoey said, "Why would he do that, Bam?"
"I did it! I just figured telling her he did would keep her off my back for awhile." He said walking over and wrapping his arms around Zoey and pulling her body close to his. She raised her nose up in disgust and tried moving away from his sweaty body.

"Take a shower." She demanded.
"Join me." He whispered, and then smirked.
"Your mother, father, and uncle are downstairs!" She said pointing her finger at him.
"Point?" He said chuckling.

She just rolled her eyes as they walked inside.

"Ok ok." He said walking over and placing a kiss on her lips. "I'll shower-- we're going out in a bit anyways."
"We are?" She questioned.
"Yeah. Ville's in town for the week"
"Ville?" Zoey questioned. She knew she had heard that name somewhere before but she couldn't place her finger on where.
"Valo. . . lead singer of HIM." Bam said.
"OH! yeah. . ." Zoey now remembered who Ville was.

She walked down the stairs while Bam showered. She sit on a stool beside Phil and watched as Ape bitched non-stop at Vito for something Bam done. Vito kept denying it but it done no good, Ape wasn't backing down from her argument.

"Ididn'tbreakthefuckingchina!" Vito said, allowing his voice to mumble the words together.
"I HATE YOU! YOU RUIN EVERYTHING. MY SON KEPT THE PLATE NICE AND SAFE, WHICH IS A MIRACLE, AND THEN YOU BREAK IT!" Ape yelled.

Zoey felt bad for Vito-- especially knowing that Bam had broke it.

Bam came down the stairs around twenty minutes later. He was wearing a pair of jeans, and a white tee. A turbonegro beanie was pulled over his wet curls. He chuckled when he saw Ape still yelling at Vito.

"You ready, Zoe?" Bam questioned.
"Sure." She replied getting up from the stool.
"Where are you two going?" Ape questioned.
"Ville's going to be at Duffer's in about twenty minutes." Bam said.

Ape nodded her head, and Zoey told her goodbye as the two of them walked out of the house and over to the hummer. She was sort of nervous to meet Ville. She knew him and Bam was close-- and he was probably one of Bam's more 'normal' friends. She wondered if he would like her as much as the other's did.

"So, where does Ville live?"
"Finland." Bam said.
"Really? I hear it's beautiful there. Isn't there where you went in your Christmas movie?"
"Yeah-- it is beautiful. I'll take you there someday." Bam said smiling over at Zoey.

Zoey smiled. She had never left the country so a trip to Finland sounded fun. She could just imagine her and Bam walking hand in hand down the streets of Finland as the snow fell from the sky.

Bam parked the hummer and then the two of them got out and walked towards the front door. Bam looked around the bar and then smiled when he saw his familiar Finnish friend sitting in the corner of the place. He quickly walked over and greeted Ville with a hug. Zoey slowly walked over, feeling kind of uncomfortable. Bam chuckled, and then stepped back.

"Ville. . . Meet Zoey." He said.

Zoey extended her hand and Ville shook it.

"Very gorgeous, Bam Bam." He said.

They all took their seats and Bam and Ville jumped straight into conversation. They hadn't saw each other in awhile and wanted to catch up on everything.

"So, we have a video coming up and the guys wanted to know if you would direct it?" Ville ask.
"I'd love to-- when and where?" Bam ask.
"There's this neat Finnish bar we're interested in. . . Though Gas wants to work out all the details first." Ville said.

Bam nodded his head, and they all ordered something to eat. Ville and Zoey both ordered a soda, while Bam ordered a beer. Ville had recently became sober after years of drinking.

"So, you don't drink?" Zoey ask him.
"I used too- I've been sober for a few months though." He admitted.
"That's neat." Zoey said.

The food and beverages arrived and they were soon eating away. Zoey was very comfortable around Ville, and found his accent very attractive, even though she would never tell Bam that. She didn't want to cause tension in their relationship, and it wasn't like that small fact really mattered.

"So, what are you two love birds going to do later tonight?" Ville questioned.
"I'm not sure. . . Zoey has to work tomorrow morning, so I don't wanna keep her out too late." Bam said smiling over at Zoey.

Ville, Bam, and Zoey talked a bit more before they decided to go for the evening. Ville had rented a hotel room for tonight-- but the rest of the days he planned on staying with Bam. Zoey was glad Bam got to spend some time with his friend, since they didn't get the opportunity a lot with different schedules.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Bam Bam." Ville said as Bam and Zoey got inside the hummer.

Zoey and Bam were headed off to her house where she was going to prepare dinner for the two of them.

Things were going so perfectly. . . but how long could perfect last?