Cyberspace Romance

Darkness

Image
Zoey giggled at Jenna as she placed some high lights in a very worried looking Eva's head. Eva had always had dark hair, but she mentioned she wanted a few thin blond streaks for the summer, and that's all it took for the spunky Jenna to grab some bleach, a brush, and sit Eva down in a chair. Zoey continued to roll up her perm, as Amanda and Phelicia both did haircuts.

"Are you okay, Eva?" Zoey ask, once she had applied the perm solution to the woman's head.
"I'm scared." She admitted.
"Don't you trust me?" Jenna ask with a chuckle.
"I do," Eva said, "But, I've never even had high lights. . ." She said.

Zoey rolled her eyes playfully and then walked over to the counter where Kay was taking down appointments. The salon was growing quickly with new customers. They now had appointments two weeks in advance, which was very good for a new salon. It seemed like opening a salon in West Chester was one of the best things that could've ever happened to Zoey. Her phone starting ringing quietly from her pocket, she had the volume turned down when she worked. She hated to answer it while she was working; but she kept it on in case of emergencies. She flipped it open and held it to her ear.

"Hello?"
"Babe. . . Ville and I are gonna stop by-- we'll bring by lunch, what do the girls want?" Bam questioned.

She ask the girls what they wanted for lunch and everyone thought Pizza would be the easiest to eat in between customers. She hung up her phone, and finished her perm as she waited for Bam to come. She was glad he was bringing lunch by today, she didn't know if they'd be able to phone to get any since they were so packed.

Almost an hour later, Bam and Ville walked in with two large pizza's. Zoey kissed Bam on the cheek and he took the hot boxes filled with the cheesy lunch back to the 'kitchen', which they used to wash towels, dry towels, and mix color. He sit it on the washer, and then walked back out into the front of the salon. Zoey finished up her current cut, and then she, Jenna, and Eva walked back and grabbed a slice of pizza. Phelicia and Amanda were both busy.

"How's the day been going?" Bam ask once they were in the hallway. Zoey took a bit of her pizza and then swallowed, "Good. Been really busy." She said.

Bam could tell they was busy, the parking lot was full of cars. It seemed like 'Tangles' was the most happening place in West Chester. He chuckled, as he watched the girls swallow the piece of pizza almost instantly and return back to their work stations. He walked into the kitchen and looked down and decided he might as well grab himself a slice. Just as he was reaching down to take a piece, he felt warm hands on his face, over his eyes, covering his vision. All he could see was darkness. He smiled, knowing it must be Zoey. He could smell the lotion on her hands.

"Zoe. . ." Bam started, "Shh" the voice said.

He chuckled, and turned around, allowing the hands to remain on over his eyes. He soon felt a pair of lips on his. He smiled into his kiss and then slowly felt the hands moving away from the eyes, though they were closed, and since he was kissing, he felt no need to open them. He stuck his tongue in between her lips and deepened the kiss.

"I'll be right back." Zoey said to her client. She had forgot her neutralizer in the kitchen. She walked down the narrow hallway and then turned to go into the kitchen and her mouth fell open.

There stood Bam and Amanda in a full blown make-up session. She was frozen, she didn't know what to say-- what to do. She was watching her boyfriend guide his hands up and down Amanda's side, while his warm tongue explored every inch of her mouth. A minute passed before Zoey could actually muster up the words-- the courage to say anything, but when she did-- she wasn't shy with her words, nor did she care if anyone heard her.

"What the fuck is going on here?" She spat hatefully.

Bam quickly pulled his lips away from who he thought was Zoey and looked down into Amanda's orbs. He looked like a deer caught in head lights. He turned to look at Zoey and could tell the look of pure anger, hatred in her eyes.

"It's not what you think." He said quickly.
"It's everything she thinks Bam-- just tell her the truth." Amanda said.

Zoey motioned for them to go ahead and explain, and then crossed her arms and tapped her foot waiting. Bam looked at Amanda with shock. What was she trying to do?

"Well, go ahead, Bam. . . Explain." Zoey said bitterly.

She had thought Bam was different. She loved him-- she still did love him, but she wouldn't tolerate this type of behavior. She had caught him red handed.

"I didn't. . . I thought it was you." He said.
"You thought this bitch was me?" Zoey said.
"HEY!" Amanda yelled.
"No, Amanda. You're fired. Get out of my shop, and I assure you. . . if I see you out in town your ass is beat. The only reason I'm not kicking it right now is because I have a client waiting." Zoey said.
"Babe-- let me really explain." Bam said.
"No, Bam. You explained things when you stuck your tongue down her throat. Now, if you'll get the fuck out of my shop, that'll be enough explaining." Zoey said before turning around and walking down the hall and back to her client.

Everyone in the salon had heard everything, and everyone felt bad for Zoey. Ville was the only one who was confused by everything. Bam had talked so well about Zoey, he couldn't believe he would cheat on her-- especially right in the open like this, especially at her own salon. Amanda stormed down the hallway. Eva stood up from the salon chair when she saw Amanda stare at Zoey.

"Don't even think about laying a hand on her-- not only will she fuck your world up, but I will too." Eva spat.
"and I'm next in line after she's done." Jenna said.

Amanda huffed and then gathered her things quickly and walked out of the salon. Jenna was nice enough to finish up her client she had been working on. Bam stayed in the kitchen for awhile hoping Zoey would calm down enough to come and talk to him. He didn't know what had happened. Had he been tricked? Zoey had covered his eyes on many different occasions so he only assumed it would have been her-- but then again Amanda's hands smelled like Zoey also.

He looked up hearing someone walk into the kitchen. It was Eva. She shot him a look of pure evil and then reached up and grabbed some color off the top shelf.

"I thought it was Zoey. . . her hands even smelled like Zoey."
"What are you? Fucking blind? Apparently it wasn't Zoey. You're a fuck up." Eva spat harshly and then walked out of the room.

Zoey noticed Ville still standing in the salon, having a look of confusion on his face. She knew if Ville was still there then Bam was too. She finished her client and then walked back into the kitchen where Bam was leaned against the counter.

"What are you doing here? I told you to fucking leave." She said, keeping her voice down. Her clients had already heard enough.
"I thought it was you." He said quietly.
"It wasn't me, Jackass. Now leave." Zoey spat.
"Just like that? Are you breaking up with me or something?" Bam ask, confused.
"Breaking up with you? Bam-- we were over the minute your lips landed on hers." Zoey said, "Now please, get out of my shop before I call and have you removed. I don't want to hear anything else you have to say."
"Zoey. . . Her hands smelled like you!"
"So you go around kissing anyone who uses the same lotion as I do? Looks like you're going to be kissing a lot of women-- good luck with that, now get out." She spat.

Bam slowly walked past her. He could tell there was no hope in talking to her right now. She needed time to cool down. He motioned for Ville to follow him and the two of them walked out of the Salon. As soon as they got inside the hummer, Ville pounded Bam with questions he couldn't answer.

The day was long and hectic. Zoey had done well to fight back tears, though she know they would come later. She was far too mad to cry now, and she wouldn't allow anyone to know how bad he had really hurt her.

"I'm so sorry about what happened today." Eva said as they were walking to their cars.
"It's alright. More fish in the sea, right?" Zoey said, trying to cover up how bad she was hurting.
"I can tell you're hurting, Zoe. But-- I'm here for you. Anything you need." Eva said.

Zoey nodded her head, and hugged Eva good bye. She was glad she had hired her. She got inside her car, blared the music and headed home. This day couldn't get any worse. When she pulled into her drive way, she noticed Ryder's bike was there. She smiled, knowing her brother would probably be the only person to cheer her up. She quickly walked inside, and into the kitchen where she saw Ryder sitting on a stool looking down at the counter. She scrunched her eyebrows up-- he looked like he was having just as bad of a day as she was.

"What's wrong?" She questioned.

Ryder looked up and she could tell he had been crying. His blue eyes were now blood shot and puffy. He never cried, so she wondered what was going on.

"Ry. . ." Zoey said.
"Shianne's pregnant." He said looking down towards the counter.

to be continued. . . (It was getting rather long)