Cyberspace Romance

Lies

Image
Bam frowned when he woke up on Sunday morning to realize that Zoey still hadn't called, came over, or tried to contact him in any way. He sit up in bed and glanced over at the flashing digital clock on his nightstand. It read 10:12 a.m. He had made a deal with himself that if she hadn't contacted him by today; then he was going over and trying to figure out what was going on. He couldn't handle being away from her any longer. He had hardly slept in the past four days.

Zoey packed in the gallons of paint and sit them down on the plastic that was in the floor of her bedroom. She was finally going to get around to painting her bedroom a color she wanted. A pale purple. Bam hadn't tried contacting her during the week, which led her to believe that he actually did cheat on her. If he didn't, wouldn't he have already been over trying to convince her that he had done nothing wrong? That it was just an honest mistake? Since he showed no sign of communication in four days, she had decided to just move on. She wasn't going to drown herself in sorrows and sympathy for herself.

Ryder was spending the day with Shianne. Frantz and Zoey had both offered to help them raise their baby. Shianne's parents didn't take the news as good as Frantz did, but it really didn't matter since she was eighteen and lived with her brother.

Zoey walked into her bathroom and changed into a pair of ripped up jeans that were so old, torn, and faded that she wouldn't even wear them in public anymore, and a baggy t-shirt that she had used to paint several times. She tied her hair up into a pony tail, and then walked into her room. She walked over to the stereo that was outside her room, and turned it on as loud as it would go. Seether blared from the speakers, which caused her to smile. She opened the paint and then dipped the brush inside the liquid and began attacking her bedroom wall with the paint.

Bam pulled up to the house and saw her car parked in the drive way, which was a relief. At least she was home. He then looked towards the shed, and saw it unlocked, and Ryder's bike gone-- another plus for him, they would be alone. He stepped out of the hummer and shut the door, and began walking up to her house. A flood of guilt washed over him. Did he really do the right thing by giving her time to cool down? He pounded on the door , but was aware she couldn't hear anything due to the thumping of the music. He turned the knob and pushed the door open when he figured she wasn't going to answer. He slowly shut it behind him and then looking around the living room. He searched in the kitchen and didn't find her. He assumed she must be in her room, so he headed down the hallway. He paused in front of her open door and looked in on her. She was up on her tip toes painting the very top of her wall. He held back his chuckle, as he watched her almost lose her balance.

Zoey felt someone watching her and slowly turned around. She saw Bam standing there in the door way. She rolled her eyes and turned around and continued painting. She hoped that he took the clue to leave her alone. All hope of that was gone when she heard the music paused in the hallway and foot steps on the plastic she had placed down to protect her carpet. She spun around quickly when she knew he was close and held her paint brush out in front of her.

"I don't want to talk-- I don't want to discuss it. Now please, just leave." She said.
"We're going to talk, Zoe. This is stupid." Bam said.
"Stupid? No you sticking your tongue down that blond bimbo's throat was stupid. Now leave."

Bam walked closer and took the paint brush out of her hand and placed it down on the plastic, he then looked deep into her blue eyes. He could tell she was hurt by his actions. . . But he knew if she would only give him a chance to explain, then everything would be okay.

"I need to explain what happened." Bam said.
"I saw what happened!" She hissed, "You and Amanda kissed. There is no taking away from that fact."
"But!"
"No But's, Bam. I'm not the type of girl to allow a man to cheat on me, and then just sweet talk me. You knew that, and you still kissed her, and God only knows what else you done with her. So forget about talking-- I won't listen. I could care less what comes out of your mouth anymore." Zoey said.

Bam couldn't believe she wasn't hearing him out. How was he suppose to make her believe him if she refused to listen to anything he said?

"Zoey. . . Seriously, just hear me out." Bam pleaded.
"No, Bam. I won't hear you out. I don't give a fuck anymore, okay?" Zoey spat.

She was lying right through her teeth. She did care, she cared more than anything. It was breaking her heart right now to say these things to him. To stand here and pretend as if she didn't care about him. She avoided eye contact. She knew she couldn't look into those crystal eyes and not melt.

Bam couldn't believe the words that were coming out of her mouth. Did she really not care about him anymore? Did she even care to begin with? He shook his head, not understanding why she wouldn't even give him the chance to explain things.

"So, this is it?" He questioned her.
"Looks like it." She said, holding back her tears.
"You're not even going to hear me out?" Bam said, growing angry with her.
"Nope."
"Do you even fucking care, Zoey?" Bam ask.
"Not really. No" She said, hoping her lies sounded convening.
"Fuck it then." He said, and then walked out of the room.

She listened as the front door slammed, and then she fell down to her knees and started to cry. The reality of it hadn't hit until she saw the look in his eyes when she said she didn't care. Then to hear him say 'fuck it' and walk out of the room-- she knew he meant it. He was done with her. She laid there and sobbed quietly for what seemed like forever. She had no motivation to raise up off the plastic. She felt like her life was falling apart.

Bam walked into his house, slamming the door behind him. He was furious at Zoey. Why wouldn't she even give him a chance to explain things? He couldn't believe she was willing to throw their relationship out the door just like that. After all the work they had put forth, after all the milestones they covered, she gave up.

"What's wrong?" Novak ask, when he saw Bam slam his fist down on the counter.
"Nothing." He replied bitterly, reaching over and grabbing a beer from the refrigerator.

He gulped down the contents of the bottle quickly, and then reached for another. Novak noticed his unusual behavior. Since he and Zoey got together, his drinking had slowed down almost to a halt. It was not like him to toss back two bottles right in a row.

"Woah woah woah." Novak said when he saw him reach for his third bottle.
"Did something happen with Zoey?" He questioned.
"Who gives a fuck about her?" Bam spat.

If she didn't care anymore, then neither did he.

"What happened?" Novak ask.

He knew Bam's intentions were to go and work out his problems with Zoey. Novak didn't expect him home tonight, he assumed he and Zoey would be spending the night together making up. He really didn't expect him to be like this.

"We're done, for good. I'm going out tonight. You in?" Bam questioned, grabbing his forth beer from the refrigerator and walking up the stairs.
"Where are you going?"
"To the note-- first time i've been single in what seems like years. I'm ready to fucking mingle." Bam said.

Novak had a bad idea about this. Bam was already on his forth beer, so he wondered how drunk he would be by the time to go rolled around. Novak decided to tag along, and for once be the sober friend who hopefully keeps Bam in line. He didn't want him to do anything he would regret.