Cyberspace Romance

Disagreement

Zoey sit on a bench at the park and watched as Kristen took pictures of a couple by the fountain. She didn't know why she suggested she tag along-- she hadn't done anything but waste her day sitting on a bench feeding the birds. It was Saturday, which meant not only a day off from work, but a day she could be home talking to Brandon. But instead she was sitting in the park feeding the birds, as her so called best friend snapped pictures of a engaged couple.

It had been two weeks since she and Brandon exchanged phone numbers, and two weeks since her life literally turned upside down. She didn't know what it was about him, but somehow this mysterious man from Pennsylvania had completely blown her away. She was falling for him, and falling for him hard. She had to keep reminding herself that he was probably too good to be true. She hadn't saw a picture of him, since he gave her the excuse of him being new to all this technology stuff. She believed him-- he was horrible with computers from what she could tell.

A another hour passed and she still sit on that bench. Sighing, she got up and walked over to where her friend was snapping pictures of the couple, who were looking almost as annoyed as she was.

"I'm leaving, Kris. I'll call ya later, alright?" Zoey said.
"What! Where are you going? Let me guess you're going to be late for a Internet date with Brandon. I told you, Zoey! He is bad news." Kristen said with a bitchy attitude.
"Bad news? You don't even know him Kris!" Zoey nearly yelled.
"And you do, Zoe? Just because you've talked to him on the phone for two weeks doesn't mean you know him. Why won't he send you a picture? He's probably some weirdo who sits behind a computer screen and cheeks you out all the time. I wouldn't be surprised if he's 69 instead of 29." Kristen said snapping pictures of the very confused couple.

They was witnessing the small verbal disagreement between the two of them. Zoey rolled her eyes.

"I'm out of here. It's not like I'm doing anything anyways. I'd rather waste my time talking to a guy from the Internet than sitting on a bench and feeding the birds." She hissed and walked away.

She didn't know why she remained friends with Kristen. So many people had told her she was a bitch, but she believed in giving people chances. Kristen was slowly running out of chances with Zoey. She could only take so much. She pulled out her cell phone from her pocket and pressed number two on her speed dial, which was Brandon's cell.

Bam laughed as Jimmy Pop made a funny face during the video shoot. He was shooting a video for the Bloodhound Gang's new album. "Right Here In My Arms" by HIM starting playing from his pocket. He reached into his pants and pulled out his cell phone, he smiled and then flipped it open.

"Hey beautiful." He said into the phone.
"Hey Bran, what's up?"
"Just. . . working a bit. I thought you was helping your friend today?"
"I was. . . until she became a bitch. So I'm on my way home. I'll let you go though since you're working."
"Oh, no! It's fine. Hold on a second though."

Bam placed his hand over the phone and then yelled at Joe Frantz.

"Joe! Finish up this scene. I'll be back in a bit."

Joe nodded his head, knowing where Bam was going. Jimmy Pop and Evil Jared made girly voices as Bam walked out of the warehouse where they was shooting the video. He walked over to his hummer and got inside, shutting his door behind him. For some reason-- he liked his privacy while talking to Zoey.

"So, where are you heading now?" He ask.
"Uhm. I'm actually walking to Block Buster. I'm going to see if they have some skate DVD for Ryder. His birthday is next week." She said walking down the side walk of New York.
"I thought you was bringing him to Penn?" Bam ask into the phone.
"Oh, I am. But I still want to get him something."

Zoey laughed at one of Brandon's stories as she walked into the store. She told him to hold on as she approached the front counter.

"Uhm Hi." She said looking at the kid behind the counter. "I'm looking for a uh, Bam or Bust DVD." She said, not knowing if that was the name of the DVD.
"Oh yeah. we have that." The kid said and walked over to a section of DVDS. She raised the phone back up to her ear.

"More Bam stuff eh?" Bam ask with a laugh.
"Yeah, I dunno what it is about this Bam guy, but Ryder seems to absolutely think his ass shines gold or something. I may google him later." Zoey joked.
"Oh. . . uh, maybe you shouldn't google him. I'm sure he's nothing big." Bam said, scared of what rumors were lurking on Google.
"You're probably right. Who names their kid Bam anyway?" She ask laughing.

He couldn't help but to chuckle. She talked to Bam on the phone the entire way home-- but he had to get back to the video shoot. So he decided to get off the phone with her and get some work done.

She walked into the house, hiding the DVD into her purse just encase Ryder was inside. She smiled over at her brother once she saw him sitting on the couch playing his play station 3.

"Thought you was with Kris." He stated not looking away from the screen.
"Got bored. What are you doing?" She ask.
"Nothing much. Oh, sis. . . You love me, right?" He ask, pausing his game.
"Uh. . . yeah. Wait, why? What do you want."
"Can Jacob come along to Pennsylvania with us?" He ask.
"Sure, I don't see why not. Just let me talk to his mom about it."
"Of course." Ryder said.

Zoey started to walk away but Ryder stopped her once again with his words.

"Sis?" He questioned her.
"Hmm?"
"Can we go to The Note to see The Moxy perform?" He pleaded.
"The Note? The Moxy?" She ask scrunching her eyebrows up in confusion.

Ryder explained to her how The Note was a 21 and older bar, but on some nights they had shows where anyone could get in. It just so happen that the day they was going down to Pennsylvania The Moxy was having an all ages show.

"I don't see any problem with that." Zoey added.
"Yeah, I figured if Jacob goes along then maybe you and Brandon could hang out." Ryder suggested.

He was aware a man from Pennsylvania had been calling his sister, and he was also aware of how crazy his sister was over this mysterious man. Zoey smiled, knowing her brother wanted the best for her.

"I'll ask if he wants to meet up, but if he's busy or something, then you two are stuck with me." She said smiling.
"That's alright, you're not as bad as you think." He said laughing.

She giggled and then walked into her bedroom and laid down on her bed. She starred up at the ceiling and wondered about the trip to Pennsylvania. It was going to be interesting-- whether she met Brandon or not. She just hoped Ryder had the chance to meet his hero. She didn't understand his fascination with this Bam guy, but she figured he must be pretty damn cool for Ryder to inspire to be like him.

Zoey couldn't believe her own feelings for Brandon. He seemed way too good to be true. He was smart, funny, and could talk about anything. The two of them just seemed to click. She wondered if they met would he be different? Would he still be the same funny goon she had come to like or would he be shy? What did he look like? He had mentioned he had dark hair which curled, blue eyes, and most of the time he had facial hair. But that told her so little about his appearance. Was he tall? Short? Thin? Chubby?

She could picture him so many different ways. Not that appearance mattered to her as much as personality and sense of humor. The way to her heart was being able to make her laugh. He could do that easily, so she just knew he would fit into her category of the perfect man.

But was there really a perfect man? Was Kris right? Was he just some pervert sitting behind a computer screen toying along with her feelings? She didn't know what to think, but she did know one thing. If he was willing to meet her next weekend, then she wanted to meet him and find out if he was everything she pictured him to be.