Cyberspace Romance

Rehab

Image
Bam glanced around the small room that would be considered his home for the next three to six months. It was plain white walls, a dresser, and a bed. There was a small television sitting on a small shelf, and it had a DVD player on the lower level. He sit his bag down on the bed and then turned around and looked at Ape, and Zoey, who had accompanied him to his room.

"It's nice." Ape said.

Bam chuckled, and then looked at Zoey. Her arms were crossed as she leaned against the wall and examined the room. Even she could tell it was a lot different than what he was used to.

"There aren't any hot chicks here." Novak said walking into the room.

Zoey rolled her eyes and Bam shook his head. Right now, a hot chick was the last thing Bam was worried about. He and Zoey was on the road to fixing their problems. He was actually going to bail out on rehab all together, but the night before last he had a relapse and ended up taking a pain killer, he knew right then that this was a problem he needed help with. He didn't bother telling anyone, because he didn't want them to be worried, they all had faith he would easily over come this. Although he knew over coming this addiction was going to take time and work.

"So, when is visiting hours?" Novak ask. He had came along too, but instead of coming straight up to Bam's room, he checked out the other parts of the rehab center.
"Noon to three on Sunday's." Zoey said.
"That's it?" Novak questioned.

Novak and Zoey still weren't on good terms, but they were talking without Novak wanting to bash her head against the wall. Novak had promised Bam that while he was in rehab, he would try to work out the problems he had with her.

One of the nurses walked into the room and went over a few general rules and regulations for the center. Bam was going to be slowly eased off the pain medication. They were hoping for a speedy recovery (3 months), but they said to not count on that, it depended on how well he done with it, it could really take up to six months.

"There's places out back that you can skateboard on. . ." The nurse said.

Zoey smiled. At least he would be able to skate, she knew that would keep keep his mind in line. The center had a lot of activities each day, and Bam would go to therapy five times a week. Bam thought him seeing a 'therapist/counselor' was a load of bullshit, but if it helped him get out of this place, then he was all up for it.

"So, how much longer can we stay today?" Ape questioned.
"Just about an hour, really." The nurse said.

Ape nodded her head and waited for the nurse to leave. It pained her to see Bam in this position but she felt it was good for him. She took a seat in the wooden chair that sit in the corner of his room and smiled.

"You think you'll like it here?" She questioned him.
"No, not at all-- who would? But-- I'm not here to like it, I'm here to get better." Bam stated.

Ape nodded her head. She was glad Bam was facing his problem head on instead of running or denying it. After about forty minutes of chatting and spending time with him, she pulled Novak out of the room. She wanted to give him and Zoey a few minutes of alone time before they had to leave.

"You best get better soon." She said walking over and wrapping her arms around him.

He chuckled, it felt good to have her in his arms. He hugged her tightly and then sighed.

"You gonna come visit me on Sunday's?" He questioned.
"I'll be here every Sunday."
"Every one?"
"Every one!" She said smiling.

He chuckled. Bam was glad things between the two of them were finally coming together. He just hoped that nothing changed during the time he was stuck in this place.

"So, once I get out. . . you'll be there waiting for me, right? We'll pick things up right where we left off in the closet?" He ask with a wink.

She playfully slapped him. Things had got carried away in the closet, and they ended up going a bit further than either thought they would.

"I'm not going anywhere, Bam." Zoey said.
"So, does that mean things between us are good?" Bam questioned.
"I think so." She said smiling.

Bam smiled, and then bent down and placed a soft kiss on her lips.

"It's time for you to go." A nurse said popping her head in the door.

Bam groaned and then pulled Zoey close to him. He hugged her tightly, never wanting to let her go. Only seeing her on Sunday's was going to be a challenge for him.

"So, are you mine again. . .?" Bam whispered in her ear.

She backed away from his hug slowly, and looked into his deep blue eyes. She nodded her head and then watched as a wide grin appeared on his lips. He reached down and placed one more soft kiss on her lips, before watching her walk out of the room. He already couldn't wait for Sunday to roll around. Now that Zoey was his again, he felt motivation to get better quickly. He didn't want to be stuck in this place no longer than he had to be.