Cyberspace Romance

Hair Cuts

Image
Zoey sprayed some hair spray onto her clients hair and then finished curling her. They had been very busy this week since schools were going back into session next Monday. All of the high school and college girls had come back to get touch ups on their color. Zoey was impressed with the business the salon was racking in. She knew she'd need to hire more stylist soon.

"So, how's Bam doing?" Eva ask.
"He's doing alright. I spoke to him for a little bit last night." Zoey said.

She had explained everything to her girls. Eva was happy to hear that Bam had never really betrayed Zoey's trust, or their relationship. It was all just a huge misunderstanding, Zoey was glad to put it behind her. She was glad to finally be able to move forward. The bags under her eyes had finally disappeared, and she was starting to look better. She was hoping to put back on the weight she had lost. She looked up when she saw a ding of the door, she smiled seeing Ryder and Shianne walk in. It was almost closing time, but she was going to stay late so she could cut their hair. They would be starting school at West Chester University next week. She was happy for them, Shianne was going to go until December, and then take off until the fall. The baby would come in the spring.

"Hey kids." Zoey said, shaking the curls loose out of her clients hair.
"Hey, sis." Ryder said.

Zoey finished up her client, and then said her goodbyes to her girls. She closed and locked the front door and then grabbed a cape from her station and placed it around Shianne's neck.

"How much you wanting off sweetie?" She ask.
"Just a couple inches." Shianne said.

Zoey trimmed her up good, and then framed her hair towards her face. She swooped her bangs, and then removed the cape from her neck and waited for Ryder to sit down. She rolled her eyes when she saw how long his hair had got-- and she knew she wouldn't be allowed to take over two inches off, even though he could use about four.

"Just a trim, and when I say trim I mean TRIM, Zoe." He said.

She laughed and began cutting his hair. She finished up with him around ten minutes later. He shook his head, allowing all the loose hairs to fall away from him.

"So, what are you two doing tonight?"
"I dunno. . . We don't have any plans." Ryder said.
"Why don't you two stay home for dinner then? I'm gonna cook a big meal, Ape and Phil are coming over." Zoey said.
"That sounds nice." Shianne said.

Zoey smiled and then told them to be there by seven. They flocked out the front door, and she looked around the shop-- it was a mess, but she really had no time to clean. She needed to get to the grocery store, and then head home and start on dinner. She was glad Ape and Phil didn't hold her and Bam's problems against her.

She walked into the grocery store and took out the list she had made this morning. She was going to be making lasagna, and a salad. She only needed a few key ingredients, most of it was already at her home. She rushed down the aisles, picking up what she needed. She pushed her buggy towards the check out, and groaned when she saw the line.

She tapped her foot against the floor, as she kept watching her clock. Time seemed to be moving, but she wasn't. Other customers in the line were growing aggravated as well.

"We're not getting any younger, here." A guy in front of Zoey spat.

She couldn't help but to laugh at his comment. He was most likely in a hurry, and only needed the sack of dog food in his arms. It seemed like whoever was on the counter took his hint, and started moving through the crowd of angry customers a bit quicker; but not quick enough. It was still fifteen minutes before Zoey was able to place her four items up on the check out. When she looked up to see who was so slow, her mouth dropped.

Amanda was standing there in a green apron.

"No wonder this place is slow as hell." Zoey spat.

Amanda rolled her eyes and quickly scanned the products, she hoped Zoey wouldn't kill her right here in the middle of a grocery store.

"So, what? No salon's will hire you?" Zoey hissed.

Amanda had been fired from every salon within an hour of her home. She had caused drama, and lied to everyone. No one was going to put up with her ways. She quickly checked Zoey out. Zoey paid her.

"You're lucky i'm in a hurry-- but remember, next time, you may not leave looking as pretty as you do now." Zoey said picking up her white plastic bag and walking out of the grocery store.

If Amanda wasn't on the clock, or if she wasn't preparing dinner for Ape and Phil, then she would have lost her temper and clocked her. She just didn't want to go to jail right now, since she was suppose to be cooking dinner for Ape and Phil.

She hurried inside her house and quickly started placing the lasagna into the pan. Once she had put everything together, she stuck it into the stove and then placed the garlic bread onto a pan and placed it into the stove also. She chopped up the contents of the salad, and then placed the large bowl of greens in the center of the table. She sighed, looking up at the clock. It was a bit after six, so she still had plenty of time to set the table and everything.

Once the table was set up perfectly, she glanced at the clock. She still had thirty minutes before they arrived. She decided to go ahead and phone Jessica, since she had been putting it off for some time now. They had kept in touch since she moved to West Chester, but she didn't get to talk to her nearly as much as she wished.

"So, how's Bam doing?" Jessica ask after they said their hellos.
"He's okay-- He's hoping to be out of there in a month, but I would rather him take his time and get better instead of rush out of there."
"Yeah. I'm just glad you two are finally back together. You was miserable without him, Zoe."
"I know. I miss him so much now-- Just when we got things straightened out, he had to get into rehab. Which I know will be good in the long run, but It still doesn't mean I don't miss him now." Zoey said.
"Everything's going to work out, don't worry." Jessica said.

Zoey ended her phone conversation and set the table. She smiled when Ape and Phil, along with Ryder and Shianne walked in. She couldn't wait for a relaxing dinner.

Bam laid down in his bed starring up at his ceiling. He had been in the center for five days, and he could see a slow improvement. He knew he wouldn't be able to make it out in a month though, even though he didn't want to stay any longer. A knock came at his door and he peeked out to see a boy named, Jordan, who he had talked to on a few occasions. The boy was actually a huge fan of his, and had been for many years, but he had got addicted to heroin at sixteen, and now he was eighteen and in rehab, hoping to clean himself of his habit so he could have a chance at a normal life.

"You thinking about bailing out?" Jordan joked.
"Funny. I wish, but no. I've got to stay and fix some things."
"So, after you get out of here, what's next on your crazy agenda?"
"I don't know-- but I've got an idea of what I want to do." Bam said smiling.

He had a general idea of how he wanted his life to be after he got out of rehab. He had so many ideas, and so much to do. He just hoped everything worked out, and no more hurdles got in the way.